Blind-vs-Clark & Mitchell-Lloyds TSB

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

are Solicitors ex bus dirvers? you wait months with nothing then two (for now )turn up at the same time ( you will see what i mean here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/152198-can-anyone-tell-me.html)

Lovely letter from Clark & Mitchell re an alleged Loyds TSB personal loan, CCA sent over two months ago, no responce whatsoever so it appears that Lloyds TSB believe they dont have to comply with the law but will still rely on it to try and enforce a desputed debt.

At this point the standered "bog off acount in despute" seems the correct course, if so thats no problem, but if there is anything i should know about this lot or if thats not apropriate with them for any reason feel free to comment

Send them this....

Dear Sirs

I refer to your letter of 20th February 2008 which was received today.

Frankly, I am surprised of the need to advise a firm of solicitors about the terms and conditions surrounding my Consumer Credit Agreement requests (Consumer Credit Act, 1974); dated 12th January and 25th January 2008 for both of which I have proof of receipt . I can only assume therefore that they failed to inform you of their non compliance. Your client has until 6th March 2008 to comply with a legal request.

Should your client persist with threats of legal action as stated in your letter, I will welcome the opportunity for a judge to look at several offences committed by Lloyds TSB under The Consumer Credit Act, 1974, as well as your client’s non-compliance with and total disregard for the law on this occasion.

Thanks for the Bump old_andrew2007.

I did mean to update but got bogged down with my other problem/thread.

I replied monday, and the gist of it follows what you have put 42man so thanks for confirming i was right to say it, although my version ended up four pages long:oops:, and left no room for doubt (i hope) to there position in this legal or otherwise.

To be honest though after the fiasco in my GE thread i cant help feeling it wont make any differance no matter what i put.

I would like to point out that on this the actuall alledged loan, give or take £100 or so has actually been paid back in effect according to the figures in the letters so far so they are technicaly chaseing the intrest of the personel loan, so with no agreemant, there not entitled too it anyway in theory untill they produce an agreemant. not sure the theory works in practice though or has any effect There has also been around £50 added somewhere, while in default of my CCA i believe.

I will let you know what they intend, i gave seven days to indicate there intentions so shouldnt be long before i hear something.

Thanks again for the replys, i will update as soon as i get a responce.

Just a little update, no news from soliciters, but got a apolagetic letter acknowledging my complaint from LTSB who are going to carry out an immediate investigation, but could take up to 28 days:rolleyes:

Am i being cynical in reading that as we need more time to come up with a good excuse why we havnt supplied a reply to your CCA? and rap it up in a load of legaly incorect rubish?

A little cynical perhaps? ................................. apart from the fact that all of them; the OCs who allow the DCAs (some of which they own) to do their dirty work, the DCAs who take no responsibility at all, ever, the CRAs who manipulate misuse and sell our data and then attribute responsibility for their foul actions elsewhere, the toothless and flaccid enforcement agencies who do very little to protect us, the banks who lose billions of pounds speculating on sub-prime markets and then allow their CEOs to stay in work at a million pound a year (before bonus) while the tax payer bails them out. Yes all of them have colluded in developing an industry where the power is so skewed in their favour that we flounder about trying desperately to impose some form of regulation while they threaten and pursue, ruin reputations and will not account for their actions.

I hate them.

I could go on.

But won’t. :cool:

Regards and good hunting,

Dogs

I do very little but I do it very, very well :cool:

If I've helped give my scales a click

:smile:

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm another letter from the TSB stateing they have not been able to resolve my issues, and the will be in touch again within another 28 days.

Sounds like there stalling to me, hope they have "misplaced" something hence the delay :confused: If so i just hope it stays lost:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok at last a responce with a copy of an agreemant, or so they say, it is not easily readable.

tsb1%20edited1.jpg

tsb2%20edited1.jpg

But if they have the origanal and can provide a better scan from what i can see i may be up against it here.

Thhere is also a page 1 of 3 at the bottem, but i only have two pages, so they aint there yet, but if anyone can make out the first page from the scan, will it be enforceable if they can correct the legabilaty and missing page issue?

PS the barcode on page two has the account number under it so the two are tied, if it is on the origanal

What makes me angry is i have waited since the 30th of may for any responce, and not only do they send something that ilegible, in the same post i get these

tsb3%20edited1.jpg

scm1-edited.jpg

Firstly it would be nice if they allowed me time to look at the dam thing and time for me to post a responce before threatening me because i have not responded:rolleyes:

And as for the sols opening line, thats just an insult, they got a four page responce to there last letter, and i have the proof.:evil:

Rant over:grin:

Hi Blind

What is your intended defence going to be?

Regards

Andy;)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy Its not got that far yet this is just there so called response to my CCA request, but it appears all prescribed terms may be there, although im not sure if when it states the agreemant should contain the amount of credit whether that should include intrest for a fixed rate loan, which i believe this to be. so on that score im not sure if this is enforceable or not

At the moment they are still in default of said CCA request as i can not be expected to accept whats in front of me as easaly legable (if at all), nor is it complete as there is a page missing and they have not sent a statement of account.

Yes no interest is showing or part of the credit and it does not state the monthly repayment amounts so on that virtue the perscribed terms are not complete.

Did you sign this agreement on the premises and if not did you ever recieve a cancelation notice?

hHave you recieved a default note yet for this loan?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Sorry for delay, Yes we do have default notice, but i do need to go back and check it now.

Im a bit confused as to the rest of your reply, the monthly payment is shown, as is the amount of the cash advance, there is two intrest rates mentioned, the APR and a rate a month i think it states, but i cant be sure what that rate says.

I was under the impresion this was a fixed rate personal loan, so expected to see a total amount for credit in figures, but am unclear if that is a prescribed term.

It certainly is very unclear what the total amount of credit is to be re payed should be, which i find odd for a fixed term loan.

Oh this was an online aplication, the forms where sent to us to sign and return i believe.

Hi Blind

Apologies im going as blind as a bat:D

Yes I see the repayments now as for the total interest you are quite right without the aid of a calculator difficuilt to summise and I understand total interest should be clear and showing otherwise why would you sign for somthing not known. Check your Default note and see if any rebate is shown.As to enforcability its a difficult one to call.

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy, It certainly isnt enforceable from this copy as i cant read the bits that explain how its calculated, not with any certanty. and you would need the terms and conditions to work out how the intrest was calculated at the time of signing, the problem is where they available at the time of signing, as they are on a seperate un-signed sheet that is a tough one to prove ....for them :confused:

Could be intresting this one:roll:

One other thing, i just noticed the bank signed and dated it three days before my OH did, i assume that just made it binding straight away and has no other bearing on things

Thanks Andy, It certainly isnt enforceable from this copy as i cant read the bits that explain how its calculated, not with any certanty. and you would need the terms and conditions to work out how the intrest was calculated at the time of signing, the problem is where they available at the time of signing, as they are on a seperate un-signed sheet that is a tough one to prove ....for them :confused:

Could be intresting this one:roll:

One other thing, i just noticed the bank signed and dated it three days before my OH did, i assume that just made it binding straight away and has no other bearing on things

You can have a situation where the creditor signs the agreement 1st, effectively so it becomes binding on both parties once it's signed by the debtor. The problem however, that I see with your agreement is that they are not following the normal procedure in that [the contract] becomes binding upon the sig of the debtor. They have inserted a condition precedent, which essentially means they are dispensing with the normal rules of offer and acceptance in contracts and saying that until such time as they are satisfied with their checks, the agreement is not binding. So if it didn't become binding upon you signing it, when did it? In my opinion, there would need to be a further document that both parties signed, I would contend that this could amount to a pre-contractual document. These circumstances are certainly unusual

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

OK sent a very stern letter to both TSB colections and there sol pluss CC to the person who handled the complaint, in short saying that document wont cut it as i could hardly read it and was incomplete and does not contain all the prescribed terms regarding amounts of credit.

I expected another threat back in return from the sols but go a relativly nice offer of a reduced payment instead, for six months, not that it helps as we cant afford that either, which was made clear would be the case even if they could prove the alledged debt , but the question is why the change of tact?

To get me to admit the debt maybe, or have i hit on a flaw in the agreemant that makes it unenforceable after all? (hey i can live in hope cant i:p)

Well i had seven days to respond from the date on the letter, shame that had expired before i actually recieved it though.

Will be intresting what they do next, no doubt it will be back to threats again:rolleyes:

Funny though, this time i made it a formal complaint to the TSB themselves, but not heard a thing about that :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BAB, I thought this might have something to do with LTSB and SC&M when you linked me from your other thread:roll:

You have already discovered that not only do LTSB have a major problem communicating with their customers.. they have the same problem communicating with their "solicitors". LTSB write a letter saying they are looking into your query.. SC&M write saying our client has instructed us blah, blah.

Meanwhile, they have probably passed the account on to someone else ??.

Do you keep the envelopes these letters come in ?, especially when there is such a wide margin between the date of the letter and the date you receive them.

I think all you can do is wait for a response to the letter you sent them just recently.. but dont hold your breath.

That point andy has raised about the agreement being a pre contractural document looks pretty interesting, is there any more information regarding that andy ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi BAB - I have had dealings with SCM and no they never acknowledge letters even though you have a record of them receiving them. They ignored every offer that was made including one made by CAB. Demanded a ridiculous ammount again saying if I kept to it LLoyds would consider rescheduling in six months time - really!! and at what interest rate I wonder

If they play to form this will briefly go back to collections and then to Apex who will eventually send a letter on another solicitors headed paper.

CB this lack of communications with their solicitors is appalling considering SCM are based in the same building as LLoyds Collections and if you SAR them you will find customer notes added after phone calls allegedly made by SCM

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Oh they are a solictors, there is a registered solicitor actually based in the building nice doubled barreled name as I remember but they bulk process for LLoydsTSB collections it may even be LLoyds staff running the mailouts with their paper. I got the same thing when I sent SCM the telephone harassment letter a response form LLoyds saying they would not uphold my complaint - in that case it was tough it wasn't a complaint it was a demand and the calls form SCM did stop - they started calling form collections again instead - same number incidentely

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

• 1 month later...

hiya BB

another mutual customer of ours, lol

im subbing even to only offer you some support and humour, but really i think you will be helping me more with your knowledge at the moment

so you have not heard anymore on this one, and you have stopped making payments im guessing,

so the default notice is it valid too> hoping it wasnt for your sake though

is this the roundabout im to expect now, keep on going i guess what a life

keep happy and wishing everyone lots of luck for 2009

laters angel x :cool:

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D