Swimming Pool ticket by Local Council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently received a ticket though I am convinced it was unfair.

My swimming pool has a number of parking spaces but there were also a copuple that I and many others had used for several years. They were not marked as spaces but they were usable without causing an infringement to to others parked there. It would be very hard to try and excplain the layout but trust me when i say that they were not an obstruction and had been used by many people for many years. Recently they have put up signs which among other things says you must be parked within a receognised bay. I obviously didnt see this sign as i was not looking for it but when i returned I had received a ticket (as had the car alongside mine). I wrote intitially (before hearing of this site) and tried to use a kind of 'past precedent' argument in that i and others had used this space legitimately for years. Naturally it fell on deaf ears and they still want their money. Normaly i would pay (have paid a couple of private ones recently- doh! - wont do that again) but i really find this one unfair as i had parked there hundreds of times previously without incident.

Thanks for any help provided.

Guest Old_andrew2018

I think you will have to pay, as you say the signs state "must be parked within a receognised bay", as you were not you recieved a ticket.

Lets be quite honest its a nice little earner for your local authority.

Andy

No Pictures but i could take some... Its pretty much a standard k on white parking sign with myriad t+c's.

My main issue ios that as people had parked on that bit for years, that leeway should be given for an infringement that could not have bneen more than a week or 2 after it went up.