Ealing Council PCN: So FRUSTRATED!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I really feel like i'm banging my head against a brick wall with parking tickets. Is it not possible to make a simple mistake?

Recently I parked my car in a residents bay for a long weekend as I visited my girlfriend. I displayed tickets as required but unfortunately on the third day....whilst rushing out.....I scratched the wrong day off the coupon. The day of the week and the month were both correct but I mistakenly scratched off the 28th instead of the 30th.

I appealed the ticket showing evidence of the previous two coupons and the third incorrectly completed ticket. The serial numbers from the tickets were consecutive which I felt substantiated an obvious honest error in my part.

The appeal was rejected and I now face the decision of waiting to appeal at the NTO stage or paying the reduced fee.

Is this worth pursuing or is there no leniency for an honest mistake?

On the surface this does appear to be really quite harsh, but unfortunately I think any other appeals will also be rejected.

I recently parked in Camden with an 'all day resident's guest permit' It was scratched off correctly and all was legitimate. Sadly I parked in a 'pay' bay rather than a residents one. Moving the car back by one space would have done it for me but I didn't notice. They must have seen me do it because they waited until I went into the house then slapped a £80 (reduced to £40) ticket on me for parking there for one minute. I appealed in much the same way as you stating an honest mistake was made and their opinion was 'You have to pay for your mistakes'

Someone else here may come along with better knowledge than me and suggest an alternative for you to avoid the fine in which case good luck, but i thinnk it is unlikely, sorry.

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Fob off now rec'd to the prelim

Copy of fob off now rec'd as response to LBA!

Full repayment of all charges since 1997 now received.

Account Closed

Donation made :)

Unfortunately I don't seem to have enough privileges to post a link or image yet! Feel like i'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay up so I can at least take advantage of the discounted rate