Reclaiming charges from Birmingham Midshires

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In 2006 i fell into arrears on my mortgage with Birmingham Midshires, each month i was charged a £35 arrears charge and also a bounced payment charge of £40. This went on for a number of months even though i was trying to pay off as much as i could afford each month. (i had lost my job)

Eventually BM issued repossesion proceedings against me and i was charged for this and also the solicitors fees which were around £500.

I managed to clear my arrears after I admitted my situation to my father and he helped me clear them and i paid him back when i got a new job though ;)

I havent been in arrears since this and my payment record has been perfect since February last year :)

What i would like to know is;

a.) Am i able to claim back these charges back

b.) If i was successful in reclaiming them back what effect would it have on me if i wanted to apply for an advance further down the line? (I am still with BM and im on a good rate so wouldnt want to remortgage)

c.) I have a list of the charges from my mortgage statement so what letter would i send them?

CL

a.) Am i able to claim back these charges back.

You can claim back all the charges except those relating to legal fees.

b.) If i was successful in reclaiming them back what effect would it have on me if i wanted to apply for an advance further down the line? (I am still with BM and im on a good rate so wouldnt want to remortgage)

You will have no trouble getting your charges back from them if you are serious, however, its never advisable to sue your current lender.

You will probably destroy your relationship with them, and have no chance of a further advance.

Thats just my opinion of course.

c.) I have a list of the charges from my mortgage statement so what letter would i send them?

CL

I used THIS ONE.

Good Luck.

Just shout if you need any help.

TC

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.