Lowell Group & Experian Saga

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone I am posting this again because I made SUCH a hash on my first attempt.

In a nutshell: Letter from those nice people at Lowell "We have brought this Debt and you must pay it" letter.

Never ever heard of the Firm they claim are the OC.

Sent off my hard earned £1.00 for CCA - No response.( Letter sent RMSD &

signed for next day)

Spoke to Experian Huh! my cat was more interested. You have to speak to

Lowell .

That was 2 months ago - Checked out Experian file. Guess what ? there are

TWO Defaults showing. 1 from OC & other from Lowell !

I deny this debt 100% and told them in plain English allegation is in DISPUTE.

Spoke ICO - cant even read my letter before middle of October !

To cap it all Barclays have withdrawn my overdraft facility overnight due to "Credit Information Concerns" - Now how did they get to know about all

this ? My file was clean & I have had the overdraft up and running for past 6 months with 6 months still to run (not)

PLEASE has anybody got ANY ideas how I should proceed ?

From what I know Experian offer a disgusting service which alerts creditors to certain events in your credit report. An early warning service so to speak.

Of course the information on your report is wrong but i would imagine experian have 'grassed' on you.

And the latest score is...

DCA's 0 v Coasters 2

Hi

Barclaycard added a default to my credit file without issuing a default notice, even though lowells apparantly now own the alleged debt. I phoned Experian to query this default and they told me that Barclaycard could add a default :confused:, anyhow I wrote to Barclaycard complaining about this default, and they didn't reply. a month later I checked my credit file again - default still there - so I used the 'contact us' part of their website to query the default and Experian replied saying that they had written to Barclaycard saying that I had disputed the default and they also put a notice of correction on my credit file saying that the default had been disputed by me and that anyone looking at my file should take this dispute into account before making any decisions about any applications I might make. I am still waiting to hear back from Experian and I have lodged a formal complaint with Barclaycard and am waiting to hear from them too.

So I would suggest that you try emailing Experian like I did, it was a lot more helpful than phoning them.

Hope that helps a bit.;)