• Tweets

• Thank you both, I will make those changes. I have also downloaded the compensation list to add to the evidence and complete the protection bit off their website.  I am going to court next Thursday to deliver the bundle; I will confirm this on Tuesday. I have been to court a few times to represent the military when a soldier is in court, but I will be going. Thank you for all the additional advice. Once I have the whole bundle, I will email it to the admin email. Ill be honest, this is not about the money for me, I do not mind losing that, so I will not be signing a confidentiality agreement.   You guys are amazing
    • Actually there wasn't a massive amount of work to do on the WS.  The "meat" was there because of the great work you'd already done. Here is a version which I think is nigh-on finished. However, with Easter there are a few days for the other regulars to suggest tweaks. Defendant WS.pdf
    • Hi all, We bought a part to fix our washing machine approx 13 months ago direct from the manufacturer of the washing machine via phone. This part then failed 13 months later, as confirmed by their own engineer, who was sent by the manufacturer (who is also the retailer for the part) FoC. The engineer actually installed a replacement part, the machine came back to life, but they then removed the part used for testing (and ours reinstalled) as "we would be charged for it". The retailer are refusing to replace the part, stating that they only warranty parts for 90 days. When I stated that I believed the Consumer Rights Act gives me longer than that, they insinuated that it did not, and this was repeated by many representatives. AIUI for goods bought more than 6 months ago, I need to get an engineers report to confirm the part has failed? Or that it has failed due to manufacturing issues? Or would the companies own engineers report suffice? Also, does anyone have any other decent contact details for Hotpoint (or the Whirlpool group)? Thanks, GH
    • Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

G E Money and Secret Commissions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not saying that, I'm not qualified to do so, I was merely asking Pt to clarify for all those watching. ;)

Right I get you, hopefully Pt will clarify this as I am sure there are many who would like to clearly know the answers:D

I think what we all need to do or have is a thread which tells people what makes loans over £25k Enforceable and what does not. What the loan agreements should contain and prescribed terms and conditions e.t.c.

We already have a thread which shows all the information in what a cca agreement should contain, we now need one and be able to debate about secured loans over £25k.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

after reading last few posts ,.. thats what I was saying and thinking regarding commissions and brokers fees ,.. carrots ,.. you will only get back what you have paid out anyway ,.. that is not justice , thats why I am going along the void lines ,.. void the agreement everything dissolved anyway ( all monies prepaid returned) so kill many birds with 1 stone ,.. they is no room to wriggle from a void contract due to lenders breach , if the breach is not looked upon as a mistake then it is totally illegal ,...

Void - a void contract is one that cannot be performed or completed at all. A void contract is void from the beginning (ab initio - see the Latin terms below) and the normal remedy, if possible, is to put things back to where they were before the contract. Contracts are void where one party lacks the capacity to perform the contracted task, it is based on a mistake, or it is illegal.

after reading last few posts ,.. thats what I was saying and thinking regarding commissions and brokers fees ,.. carrots ,.. you will only get back what you have paid out anyway ,.. that is not justice , thats why I am going along the void lines ,.. void the agreement everything dissolved anyway ( all monies prepaid returned) so kill many birds with 1 stone ,.. they is no room to wriggle from a void contract due to lenders breach , if the breach is not looked upon as a mistake then it is totally illegal ,...

Void - a void contract is one that cannot be performed or completed at all. A void contract is void from the beginning (ab initio - see the Latin terms below) and the normal remedy, if possible, is to put things back to where they were before the contract. Contracts are void where one party lacks the capacity to perform the contracted task, it is based on a mistake, or it is illegal.

Excellent idea michellej1 and I would totally agree with you, but if this was that easy don't you think everyone would want to void their agreements. We need to be backed by the law and know this would be 100% fail proof if you get what I mean.

I would be the first to do trust me, but don't want to land on my behind and have nothing left and get clobbered with costs. We would have to prove for 100% that the lenders were in breach of the contract before taking any further steps, don't you think.

Love the thought of it though:D

Total Charge for Credit

Total Charge for credit shows you how much it will cost you to borrow the amount you want. If any extra charges apply they will always be detailed in the Other Charges section of an advert.

Edited by frettful38

Total Charge for Credit

Total Charge for credit shows you how much it will cost you to borrow the amount you want. If any extra charges apply they will always be detailed in the Other Charges section of an advert.

well surprise surprise , my agreement does not show the above at all ,.. and if interst rate changes then no definate figure on total amount payable

Excellent idea michellej1 and I would totally agree with you, but if this was that easy don't you think everyone would want to void their agreements. We need to be backed by the law and know this would be 100% fail proof if you get what I mean.

I would be the first to do trust me, but don't want to land on my behind and have nothing left and get clobbered with costs. We would have to prove for 100% that the lenders were in breach of the contract before taking any further steps, don't you think.

Love the thought of it though:D

The red quote is law ,.. and you need your account statements from day one to see if your lenders are in breach ,... the interest charge what was placed before agreed first payment would be a mistake ,.. and that mistake continues to this day as a monthly interest charge which is now double the contractually monthly agreeded payments ,.. this makes it void ,.. and also is this fair???? would the total amount of interest added not be unlawful charges as made by a mistake which puts lenders in breach of contract ,.. the red quote is contract law

Edited by michellej1

I think you may be on to something big here michellej1, it is very fascinating finding new ways to get round this and get something going properly, just need more input from others, before pouncing on anyone.

IMPORTANT – READ THIS CAREFULLY TO

FIND OUT ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 lays down certain

requirements for your protection which should have

been complied with when this agreement was made. If

they were not, the creditor cannot enforce this

agreement without getting a court order.

My agreement clearly states that

"The Borrower has no right of cancellation under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the Timeshare Act 1992 or the Financial Services (Distancing Marketing Regulations 2004)."

Even though my loan was over £25k is this a fact that I have no right to have cancelled, the more I look in to my loan agreement the more things I am finding disturbing.

My property has a charge on by my secured loan lender, and all I signed was a paper which read at the "LEGAL CHARGE" in fact it should have this statement on that Legal Charge

Where the credit is being secured on land the words “secured on” followed by the address of the land shall be inserted at the end of the heading.”.

Nowhere does it say secured on, on the legal charge

Very good reading for all below:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2004/uksi_20041482_en.pdf

Edited by frettful38

I hope so Frettful , but after weeks of going over everything , it all points back to same arguments ,.. commissions & PPI , prove it , then only small % refunded ,..then agreements clean up and enforceable , nore thats not what i wish to follow , as the amount of time left on agreement they will recoup this ,.. they are not daft , thats why thosands are on this forum scratching they heads,.. make it simple and attack , as everything paid will be returned ,.. ppi ,commissions , late charges etc ,... it has to be worth a shot ,..and as law backs this point up , then it should be plain sailing

a contract must offer both parties the same benefits which I believe is called "balanced" so if says can not cancel then this is wrong ,.. as if you are in breach they can ask for full amount ,.. no way is that fair , totally unfair ,..

And even more so if they are in breach ,...

You are quite correct about the title Indemnity Insurance....and the broker fee ....that is a charge for credit and must be shown in a separate box as a stated charge for credit and then all the charges shpuld be added together plus interest to state clearly a total charge for credit....legal arguments can be built around these points.

BUT please remember I'm not a legal person in any way and these are only my personal views. I only give my views as bullets for your solicitor.....and bullets can be DUFF at times:grin::grin:

sparkie

sparkie

Hi Sparkie

So, if I understand correctly;

Broker fees

Commissions

Overrider payments

Other fees, etc

Must be shown in a seperate box in the contract (charge for credit)?

So secret commissions, broker fees, overrider payments, etc.......

Not being shown anywhere, renders the contract unenforceable?

Many Thanks

hi pt/ sparkie/anyone

does anyone one have a copy or link for the Total Charge for Credit Regulations 1980. I can only find ammendments.

Many Thanks

p.s.

Section 55.

Disclosure of information.

(1) Regulations may require specified information to be disclosed in the prescribed manner to the debtor or hirer before a regulated agreement is made.

(2) A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless regulations under subsection (1) were complied with before the making of the agreement.

Any Use?

hi pt/ sparkie/anyone

does anyone one have a copy or link for the Total Charge for Credit Regulations 1980. I can only find ammendments.

Many Thanks

p.s.

Section 55.

Disclosure of information.

(1) Regulations may require specified information to be disclosed in the prescribed manner to the debtor or hirer before a regulated agreement is made.

(2) A regulated agreement is not properly executed unless regulations under subsection (1) were complied with before the making of the agreement.

Any Use?

Send me your e-mail address and I'll send you the complete 1983 Regs ..

before they were amended

sparkie

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I haven't posted on here for a while. My mortgage with GE was redeemed many years ago and I recently started enquiring about commissions (in 2009). GE last wrote to me a few months ago saying I was 'on a fishing expedition' and ' 6 years have passed' etc ,so I gave up.

Is there any point in me continuing? The sar came back with commissions tab blacked out,so I am pretty sure something underhand went on. The Broker is no longer working ,I can't even track him,he would have been close to retirement at the time of the mortgage application.

They scared me off with their threats but I am ready to continue ,there was talk about sending a sar to GE's solicitors...

Should I go ahead with this? is there any other course of action for me? Has anyone had success getting to the bottom of the commssions?

Johanna

lmfao

yeah, there is a point

Limitation only arises at the point where you were aware of the secret commission, by definition, if its secret then you didnt know about it did you?

Otherwise it cant be secret

thanks,

I will continue then and Sar the solicitors that are named in the paperwork as acting on GE's behalf. I will post back on here once I have an update.

They may refuse to give me info though as they were not my solicitors. I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Apologies for hijacking here, but would this still be worth attempting if the sols were known to be 'in-house'?

Many thanks,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Johanna - I think Im right in saying that you have six years foward of when you first knew you had cause to make a claim against GE - Ive had several letters from GE saying that my claim for mis-sold PPI is out of time as it is also from years ago - however I do have the papers and it is very clear that the PPI was added as a large single lump sum premium. This is intend to claim back in court if necessary - especially now the FSA have made that statement about PPI - Im only dealing with GE as they seem to have taken over the First National Bank stuff. I would ignore their rude and dismissive letters and stick with it. Good Luck/:)

You would need clear evidence of the secret commission for court proceedings and being - being "pretty sure something underhand went on" isn't concete proof of a secret commission. I took legal advice about this once and was told to forget it.

Hi, Thanks for advice,

Pinky69 - I wouldn't dream of going to court unless I had some sort of proof,I hope to get the underwriting sheet then view my options. I will definitely be posting back here with my progress.

Campari2- That was the last letter I got from them,they said it was statute barred as I redeemed the mortgage more than 6 years ago. No doubt they will try that one again down the line but I am ready for them this time. I only became aware of all this in the 10 months.

Landy - thats a good question,I actualy think the ones I am about to Sar are in-house.Can't remember their name at mo coz I don't have paperwork in front of me.

Thanks for all you advice, Jo

Hi, Thanks for advice,

Pinky69 - I wouldn't dream of going to court unless I had some sort of proof,I hope to get the underwriting sheet then view my options. I will definitely be posting back here with my progress.

Campari2- That was the last letter I got from them,they said it was statute barred as I redeemed the mortgage more than 6 years ago. No doubt they will try that one again down the line but I am ready for them this time. I only became aware of all this in the 10 months.

Landy - thats a good question,I actualy think the ones I am about to Sar are in-house.Can't remember their name at mo coz I don't have paperwork in front of me.

Thanks for all you advice, Jo

Hi Jo:)

Will be following your progress with interest.........good luck!

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks