Is this a private ticket?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone. :)

I managed to get my first ticket in 13 years of driving on sunday. :( Pretty unlucky when I did buy a ticket for parking. But anyway, the car park was right outside a council office and I cant tell if it's a coporate part of the council (if there is such a thing), a company acting on behalf of the council or just some private company handing out mickey mouse fines.

Could someone take a look at this and tell me if it's a propper council fine or a mickey mouse fine please? Thanks.

img160.imageshack.us/img160/9242/scan0001ls6.jpg

Hi,

I'm virtually certain [99%] it is a private ticket, any niggling doubt would be resolved were you to scan in the back of the ticket.

The ticket mentions "contract conditions" and quotes a PO Box nr. rather than a proper address. It does really try to emulate a "proper" fine but no council name is mentioned.

I'd hang on and wait for the "notice to owner" to come through. If form is followed, this too will ape the real thing.

It's described as a civil penalty charge notice rather than a PCN. There is no local authority logo on it and the "offence" has been manually ticked in a box. I would be very surprised indeed if it turned out to be a proper LA PCN.

Ok - this is 100% a [problem] ticket - note link from PATROL detailing official addresses for council payments:

PATROL - Search for Councils operating Civil Enforcement

Address & Contact details for Hereford:

Herefordshire Council

Herefordshire Council, Revenues Section, PO Box 224, Town Hall, Hereford HR1 2XW

01432 260400

http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/

www.herefordshire.gov.uk/transport/vehicles_roads_parking/3119.asp

Blue School Street is not a council park - not on Councils website list

Also note "proper" address for payments - Parking Enforcement Section, PO Box 224, Town Hall, Hereford, HR1 2XW - this is different from the OP's given details.

Edited by Barnsley Boy
clarification

I had suspicions it was a private ticket but having never had one before wasn't sure. But thanks to all of you for confirming it. :)

I shall wait and see what comes through the post and take it from there.

Thanks.

[problem] ticket - and they have no chance of getting your money.

jokers. just ignore them and keep any letters they send you safe. In fact when they do send you a letter post up the contents here please. Always nice to see a new player...and it is bound to be good for a few laughs