Streamline.net - the home of appalling web hosting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I found this thread some weeks back much to my relief as I too am in the process of being harassed by Streamline & now CCI legal. Had the months of threats from SL followed by a period of quiet then the first of my DCA letters arrived. Like many others on here I was panicked a little and wondered whether to just pay 'and be done with it' but having read the good advice on here I feel a little more confident to stand up to these crooks.

I admit, each time I get a letter demanding money (£218.98 - was initially £170), I get worried but then I get angry that so called companies like this get away with such bully boy tactics demanding money for future services... that you're no longer using!!! They can .... right off! I like so many others let my credit card expire and assumed it would just cancel my acc. I KNOW now that it's in the ridiculously small, small print about cancelling via ticket or email, but even so I still think it's outrageous that that then seems to give Streamline the right to then demand 2 more years worth of money from me for so called breach of contract. I don't want our need their services any more and as a consumer, i should be perfectly within my rights to go else where without hassle.

I have now read this thread in full dating cases back since 2008 to present and I would really love to report them to watch dog, trading standards, CAB... anyone who will listen basically. I would like to ask though,

A) have CCI successfully taken any cases to court?

B) do we have a strong enough contingent of people and cases on here to collectively report them to trading standards?

As for my case, I am currently holding the stance of ignoring the threats completely and will use this forum as advice from here on. Thanks

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Afaik the oft issued guidance towards service providers that cancellation clauses should not be buried deep in terms and conditions.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Flora and welcome to CAG

I hope you find the posts on this thread useful.

If you haven't already done so, make your own report to Trading Standards.

And then continue to ignore their demands.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...

I don;t think anyone has, and if they have, the claim would have been retracted or judgement gained by default. They have no basis at all for a claim or their demands for money.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let anyone whos interested know, its been 3 months since my last letter from CCI. Since I sent my very abrupt response, I have heard nothing.

Dont lose your nerve, people. These charlatans will never win in a court and they know it. Just dont let them bully you into paying.

• 1 month later...

Had a couple of missed calls yesterday. No message left but I did an internet search. Came back as a number for Mackenzie Hall, another DCA but apparently a very downmarket one. As I have no outstanding debts apart from this bogus one from Streamline then I can only think that theres a connection.

Here we go again.

Hi Themod, You are correct in your assessment of Mackenzie Hall. They are the bottom of the pit buying unenforceable debt - not that anyone can actually be in debt to Streamline. Net. Any court would through this out.

Edited by Logi

I noticed the Streamline.net clowns have removed their Facebook page. Wonder why ! - Social media will only highlight and propagate their tactics and give more exposure to the practices of their conspirators who are CCI legal.

Edited by ims21

Just had a 'final demand' from streamline for £167.71. I had to think who on earth these people are and remembered that I was once contemplating having a website for my holiday home. This was over a year ago but as far as I was aware nothing actually happened. They certainly never hosted a website for me and I have had no contact from then until this letter arrived through my letter box today! Not even an invoice! Obviously I wont be paying these buffoons a penny.

Hi White and welcome to CAG

I hope you find help from the experiences of others here.

Keep us updated with developments although I note you have no intention of paying Streamline a penny !!

:-D

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Could always frustrate them and send the 'Prove it' letter.

Personally, I think no response at all is best with these jokers.

Contact may simply spur them on to pester further.

:wink:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

I am another victim. I have read this thread from the start. I think I have made the mistake of replying to their threats. I sent a recorded delivery letter immediately after receiving the final demand letter, in which I disputed that I owed them any money. Things went quiet for a bit then I got emails from CCI Legal. They were told about the recorded delivery letter and came back extraordinarily quickly saying that Streamline never received it and it didn't make any difference anyway. They have now started sending threats to addressed directly to my wife which is really making me angry as I paid for the service using my own personal credit card.

I wrote a great big long rant reply this afternoon but haven't sent it, then I found this thread.

I had the home user package and did a website for my limited company but the limited company never paid for it, I did.

I have noticed a few things about their underhand methods:-

1) The terms and conditions link on their home page is obscured by a cookies warning message so not visible. I have screen shot to prove it.

2) Their terms and conditions refer to contracts before 10 May 2010 as "existing contracts" but there are no details of them on the site.

3) Question how do terms and conditions on a website stand up in law? Surely they are a non durable medium, that is to say, whatever is on there now could have been changed yesterday. I sort of think that companies should be required to email terms and conditions to new customers on start of contract as a permanent durable record.

Finally I would like to suggest that it is not enough to just ignore these people. Their activities should be stopped for the sake of all those who would buckle under the pressure. That is just the altruistic side of me coming out there.

Finally, finally, what have people found to be the most effective short succinct message to send to them. There are a number of them suggested here. Which one is the best?

Thanks guys (and girls)

Hi Whomightyoube and welcome to CAG

From what I've seen on this thread, I think the best course of action is to reply once setting out very briefly why you will not pay them any more.

There may be various reasons for this but, mainly, it is that you paid for the service when you wanted it and you are not contractually obliged to continue to use them or pay them in subsequent years.

After that, just ignore them. When they realise you are not easily intimidated into either paying or responding, they will get bored and move on to weaker prey.

• 2 months later...

I owe streamline over 2k in hosting fee's and domain renewal fee's even when the domains are not even tagged with them lol

I refused to pay after the first 2 years with them but they just keep adding bills to the account.

I sent emails many times asking for the account to be closed but they just keep it open saying that they will not close it until the money has been paid, good luck on that streamline, everybodys laughing at you now.

These are the same people behind 1 & 1 internet and fasthosts, if you use these companies, DONT and tell anybody you know not to use these firms

Fasthosts Internet has also recently changed it's credit score and has possible adverse information. The company is valued at 6.6million and has debts of 17million. Dollamore ltd has a book value of 545k and liabilities amounting to 2.3million. 1&1 UK Holdings Limited has likewise changed it's credit score. This is the parent company with a book value of 63.8 million and liabilities of 216k. The question is - can 1&1 support the two failing sister companies. I hope not and that we will see an end to these underhand charlatans.

Hi 00Bob and welcome to CAG

You'll now get updates when anyone adds to this thread, so you can keep up with events.

Hi logi. They could in theory, but with debts that large between the 2 companies, they would have to do a fair amount of restructuring. Both in company size and in their debts. it wouldn't be worth doing unless the parent company saw value. But with simple web hosting companies, its better to simply get out while you can and either close them down or sell them off.

Good news for all - streamline.net / Dollamore ltd are registering as "possible adverse information" on various business sites. This means they are likely to go under. Hopefully

Can you post some links for us please.