Statutory demand for payment, Debt for liquidated sum payable immediately

emmliss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm normally pretty easy going and tolerant but I find it quite despicable that a couple of bush lawyers, motivated by arrogance and jealousy, have driven away someone with seriously useful qualifications and experience who could have help many people here.

Oh & the likes of myself and ODC dont? :rolleyes:

PEOPLE Please, this is getting out of hand

This thread is about helping the OP with their Stat Demand, not arguing amongst ourselves over who is a DCA employee or who is a lawyer,

I see where X20 is coming from on his advice, but i do disagree in principle with what he is saying.

i do not see that we are helping the OP with this negative posts and arguing so can we please get back on topic and help the OP

If we cant then i will need to think about moving off topic posts but i hope that wont be necessary

I do not profess to be a lawyer, bush or otherwise. I gave my honest opinion based on experience, advice I have received here and elsewhere along with common sense. The only person who can decide what to do is yourself Emliss. You have heard from many on here the possible pitfalls of ignoring a Statutory Demand no matter how you received it. You have also heard the other side of the argument from X20 as to why you should not apply for a Set Aside.

In my humble opinion you have a good case for Set Aside as you dispute the alleged debt,

When I first signed up to this forum my entire raison d'etre was to help those in a pickle. I had not figured that there would be people with agendas who would hijack a thread and who would be hostile towards me. And even lately I had not figured, after being coaxed into revealing my background somewhat against my better judgment, that I ought to then qualify my statement of experience by deleting the weekends, the holidays and the days off for illness.

There is something quite depressing where, after spending hours of time in preparing an opinion running to 1400+ words, you're met by a bloke with an attitude just 8 minutes later, who claims you're a front for a debt collection agency. And by another who has the affrontery to suggest a year in a DCA threat centre would seem like my thirty. I've operated against DCAs. They're easy. They couldn't quote chuncks from the Insolvency Rules if they had the book in front of them. To be branded as in cahoots with all of those guys is deeply, deeply offensive.

It is for these reasons that I have called it a day. With a bit of luck I will be fit and well by Monday and able to return to a place packed with proper lawyers. There is I suppose one minor benefit from my short lived experience here in that I'll be able to tell my colleagues that when I was ill I rubbed shoulders with a fella who blurted 'Its only those with a sinister motive who want to keep people away from the courts' and at the same time had a monika under his name reading 'watch out there are Claims Touts about!' That's really, really funny!

I dare say that following this post, ther will be more of the usual agin me, the quote out of context and the dig and the jibe, and precious little hard lawyering. In all seriousness, I had not figured that contributing here would be so empty and unrewarding; that I would be met with rudeness and abuse. Sorry to anyone that may have valued my contributions, but I never needed the help, I only ever gave it away.

X20

With due respect to the site team members who are issuing warnings...i suggest you read some of the comments in this post first....but coz x20 claims to be a lawyer or whatever - lets give the red carpet treatment eh :rolleyes:

Even though this is a hostile place to operate, curiosity keeps me clicking in and out.

A couple of observations/ questions:

PT, Having seen where I am coming from in my advice, please state what parts of it you are in agreement with and what parts of it you are in disagreement with and in the case of those parts you are in disagreement with, for the benefit of all, please state why.

Generally:

1 the thread referred to by ScarletPimpernel at post 103 as giving an insight into the potential effects of ignoring a SD, clearly shows that the person's difficulties did not arise from ignoring the SD but rather arose from the making of an application to set aside the SD at a time when it was inadvisable to do so.

2 What are the substantial grounds upon which Emmliss disputes the debt? I'm sorry, I don't know.

X20

Edited by surfaceagentx20

Could I suggest that the discussion of the pros & cons of particular approaches is done in a separate thread so the emmliss can start to see the wood for the trees in HER thread?

Perhaps in Legal Issues?

Edited by OnMyWayOut
Added suggested forum

In who's best interest is it to ignore the SD & not have it set aside exactly x20?

Now as alot of people on here know - im a big advocate of the ignore policy in general when it comes to DCA's as they are simply powerless organisations with no authority to get money off people whatsoever - only a county court has that power.

If a letter demanding money is not from a county court, then it might as well be in the bin - thats how much authority it has.

So if these SD's are easy to get set aside, as they appear to be from what ive been reading, then why not have them set aside?

Its only the legal profession/DCA's that seem to be discouraging it ;-)

Edited by mr.ton