Allied International Credit - A Bit scared and confused

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking through this forum for a while trying to see if there is any way I can deal with Allied, I just wanted to put a thread to see if anyone can help me with a couple of problems with them, which I couldn't find the answers to in other threads.

They have been calling me for a while regarding a debt with Natwest, this was origionally an overdraft, which then turned into a loan as I was charged nearly 500 pounds for making 5 10p deposits which put me 50p over my limit.

I had trouble paying them and since then, they have passed the debt to AIC. I have recieved ALOT of telephone calls from them asking for large sums of money which I cannot afford.

Firstly, I was wondering what the CCA Request would do and how it would help me? I have seen those words alot around here but not exactly sure how to go about it and how it can help me. I was wondering if someone could put this in lamens terms for me?

Secondly, I put a request in writing this I won't be dealing with them over the telephone any longer and to put any correspondance in writing, since then they have called me every day and have told me they are a telephony based company and don't deal in writing. I am just wondering how I can get them to stop calling me and put it in writing, they don't seem to be listening to anything I say, another factor is that they are calling my landline and my partners mobile constantly, and when I am unable to answer the phone they are being quite rude to them aswell!!

It's not their debt so they shouldn't be being like this towards them!

I am currently gathering the funds to clear the debt, as I am absolutley sick of them making my life a misery, but not sure if I can get a full amount, im just wondering, if they won't send a settlement figure out in writing, how am I meant to have 100% confidence that if I pay the amount they tell me over the telephone, they will stick to the agreement.

Soryr for this post being an essay but I really need some help

Thanks in advance

Mark

It might be an idea to ask a mod to move this thread to the debt collection forum. You'll probably get more help there.

I've found AIC to be particularly rude and aggressive, don't under any circumstances talk to them on the phone.

As for the CCA request send this letter and a PO for £1 by special delivery.

Allied International Credit (UK) Limited

Anderston House

389 Argyle Street

Glasgow

G2 8LR

Dear Sir/Madam

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company.

With reference to the above account, I would be grateful if you would send me the following documents.

1. A true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement, under the legislation contained within sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

2. A full statement of account.

3. A copy of any other documents referred to in the agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77-79), I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request. I enclose a postal order of £1, which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. Please note that under no circumstances should this payment be set aside any alleged debt. If you are unable to supply the documents requested, this fee should be returned.

Further to the above, please ensure that any contact by your company is made in writing only to the above address. Telephone calls and personal visits will not be accepted and will be viewed as harassment.

Yours faithfully,

There's a thread at the top of the Debt Collection forum with info on how to deal with the phone harassment.

I'm new at this myself but I'm sure someone more clued up will be along soon.

That was good advice from Nameless + hopefully someone will give you a link to the thread re phone harrassment.

AIC do try to be intimidating.

I posted the following on another thread the other day re my short

experience of AIC.

There are ways to get rid of them :)

I had read on here all the various horror stories about AIC, and thought to myself I hope none of my debts is ever passed to them.

Then earlier this year, the postcard from AIC arrived, followed by their threatening letter.

They wanted the entire £3k and not a penny less :D:D

I CCA'd them, however after a few weeks they actually produced a valid CCA - which was a first for me (I was actually quite excited about

that :p )

However, I decided that I didn't want to deal with AIC, so I wrote a letter to the original creditor (Lloyds), copying in their chairman, and complained about all the underhand AIC tactics (that I'd read about on here and how it was affecting me) and a couple of weeks later I received a letter of apology from Lloyds.

Lloyds took the account back from AIC and I'm paying them a token £1 per week, until I can get rid of them.

To think I used to be scared of all these DCAs' until I found websites like this, and the many good people who use them, gave me new confidence by informing me of my rights.

• Haha 1

Nameless : Bank overdrafts are not covered by the Consumer Credit Act (CCA). Sending the letter you propose is pointless.

Stylisriotkid : Everybody has to deal 'in writing' if requested. They are telling lies.

You can get the information you require by sending a SAR under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. There is a letter in the template library here although is specifically written to request statements. The DPA allows you to request all information they hold about you so you should request things like your application form, correspondence, statements, filenotes, telephone call records, and 'anything else'. Hence you will need to amend the template letter accordingly.

The fee for this is £10. They have 40 days to comply.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Nameless : Bank overdrafts are not covered by the Consumer Credit Act (CCA). Sending the letter you propose is pointless.

Sorry if i got that wrong but the OP said that it turned into a loan. If it's loan they're being chased for then surely section 77 applies?

HI

If it was a loan they are now chasing it will have a credit agreement.

Florish - that was a brilliant move!!!

Yes indeed .. :)

... a certain elegance and grace, and worthy of Alekhine at his best.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)