Who's old enough to remember Radio Luxembourg 208

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't remember Luxembourg ending, but I do remember Lazer 558 and Caroline.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

They also had a magazine 'Fab208'

>>

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest forgottenone

Me. And I also remember the commercials including the shampoo ones and 'blitz those zits' ones. :D

I remember it well - I used to have a little transistor radio with a leather cover and would listen to Luxembourg in bed at night when I was supposed to be asleep (still at school then!).... ahh those were the days :D

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

;) holds up hand and waves,,,, Me too I rememeber it and I had one of those radios as well. you could bearly hear them!!! those were the days. Life was very simple then. Do you remember when radio one started and Tony Blackburn had the breakfast show with Arnold? WOOF WOOF

Of course - he was the first dj, Radio 1 was born because us kids at the time wanted pop and not Victor Sylvester so when Caroline came on the air they had to do a 'if you can't beat them join them' change.

As you say, life was so much simpler then and safer.

Edited by Conniff

I remember sneaking my transistor radio to bed Transistor radio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lowest volume was all I dared and all I heard was crackly off-shore static ..Bliss...But I loved it.... Fabulous 208......

....Those were the days....Scared of your parents....Geeee!!!!!

No TV or computers (Not invented BTW) in bed-rooms in my days..

I wasnt even allowed my David Essex poster on the wall

All I got was a bed and I was one of the lucky ones on my street

I had my own bedroom and didnt have to share a bed

Only because my parents had a three-bedroomed house and only two daughters

Memories.... I was debt free then .... Bless Me;)

I don't remember Luxembourg ending, but I do remember Lazer 558 and Caroline.

So do I and I am a lot younger than you Dave

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

I wouldn't say "A lot" ;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I recall that they used "The End of the Day" at the end of each day's transmissions.

In summer, they started an hour later than during the winter because signal propogation was better during the hours of darkness.

Luxembourg on Astra satellite with its studio quality stereo transmissions was a breath of fresh air.

Blast from the past....... Sam Costa.

Adverts..... Horace Bachelor pools plan.,.... Empire pools. and remember the"The Ovalteenies" adverts?

I don't mind admitting my age. :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Good heavens, this gets better. I know the problems Luxy had with the BBC trying to close them down and managed to stop Luxy broadcasting any live performances from the UK.

Luxy use the first digital system ever, they recorded the shows on film using the sound that was recorded with a light on the side of the film and the BBC thought they were still broadcasting live.

I listened to 'The End Of The Day' every night before I went to sleep even though I was still at school.

Horace Bachelor - spelt 'K E Y N S H A M etc; I won a penny on that and it cost them 2d to tell me and they said they would hold it until I won something more substantial and add it to that. Never did win again, wonder how much interest that's earned!

- Try this one.

• 8 months later...

oh dear remember it well and a few of the adverts on it,

and getting long piece of wire to extend the ferrite rod aerial to overcome the fading, think that what started me off in radio , spent 40 + years in the industry,

now the pirate Radio Stations ( Caroline etc ) where would be be without them now , still a few of the original crowd around , and on the legit stations

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

I remember it well. I used to listen in on my Radio / Cassette player mostly at night. The signal faded and was mostly crackle after midnight due to Ionosphere absorption.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Ahhh 'appy days,

Brought up listening to Radio Luxy in the fifties (oh my god did I just say that!), parents didn't have a TV then, ( maybe THAT explains why theres me & 5 others :D ) oh how I remember Sunday evenings listening to the hit parade & of course Horace Bachelor of Keynsham thats Keynsham spelt 'K - E - Y - N - S - H - A - M'.

Can't remember when the station closed though, as my 'interests' changed to girls & motorbikes - BSA Gold Star, Triumph Bonny, Norton Commando & it's diy cousin Triton. Lost many good friends coz of bikes.

Met Mrs Beachy coz of mods & rockers (yeap- I did have a leather jacket with my name in studs on the back), use to have to leave the bike in streets away & walk to the girlfriends (now Mrs) parents house so they didn't know I had a bike, sorry going off subject now - happy days gone forever (someone pass Grandad his pipe & slippers !)

Beachy