Question about long term lettings and poor credit history

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My question is this... I have a fairly poor credit rating (defaulted on pretty much everything but am selling my house to pay everything off and so will be starting 100% debt-free)..

I was anticipating having problems with the credit check (obviously!) and so had considered offering up to 1 year's rent in advance, then paying monthly after that...

My worry is, from reading other posts, I might be commiting myself to a 1 year notice period? I'm happy to say I'll stay for 1 year but want to be back on a monthly notice period after that...

Since I've never rented anything in my life bigger than a row boat, I'm a little confused as to what to do....

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

As long as it is written into the contract that the notice period AND rental period is 1 month, then notice will not be an issue.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

It seems reasonable to offer it. Bear in mind that credit checks are not done ONLY with regards ability to pay rent - it also offers an indication(albeit a slight one) as to potential damage to the property.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!