NDR nationwide debt recovery charges help?

donkey123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, i'm having problems with NDR they keep putting over £20 of charges on my debt in administration charges and interest. I've just stopped paying them as my debt just increases anyway. I need to find a way out of this debt i've had it for years. any advice to what i should do? what is the process for asking them to produce credit agreement? and is it legal to charge £12 administration charge and £10.11 interest a month. my original debt was only £100 now it is £411,37

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

click the link and send copy of letter N. enclose £1 postal order and send by recorded delivery,

with this you are aksing them to provide an agreement, once they have received it you must wait till 12 WORKING days have passed, after this time you are legally entitled to withold all future payments until such time they provide one

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Guest forgottenone

This has raised a query now ... How easy is it to reclaim charges back off Littlewoods/SDFS? Compared with the other creditors, I mean?

• 1 year later...

if you are being harrassed by this bailliff hand him a letter asking for the information regarding this debt, and refuse to pay if you dont believe it to be true I would check on the bailliff section for the letters and information you require

• 2 months later...

Hi. Not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes.......

I have had dealings with Nationwide Debt recovery (Littlewoods in-house debt collector) for some time now. We had an agreement which has been reviewed several times over a period of time, I have always paid what we agreed to and they have not added charges - until now.

Recently they wrote and asked me to review my account with them, which as usual I wrote to them straight away, enclosing a financial statement. They wrote back to me a couple of days after their first letter stating I had not replied and added £12.00 admin charge to my account. I immediately wrote back to them stating I had contacted them, and once again showed my financial statement and made an offer of payment. Again they wrote to me, with a £12.00 admin charge, saying I had again ignored their attempts to contact me.

Again I wrote to them, 3rd time, and once again enclosed a financial statement and offer of payment. Today I received another letter from them stating that, "We have applied a £12.00 administration fee on your account due to the substantial amount of effort they have made in trying to contact me". Cheeky swines. All my letters were sent with proof of posting. Maybe 1 letter didn't reach them but 3??? Anyway I am fed up of banging my head against the wall with these wallies and if anybody can offer any help on the way to proceed I would be very grateful. Also can I add a £12.00 charge against them for "The substantial work and effort" that I am doing to contact them? Thanks.:|

• 3 months later...
Hi Guys, i'm having problems with NDR they keep putting over £20 of charges on my debt in administration charges and interest. I've just stopped paying them as my debt just increases anyway. I need to find a way out of this debt i've had it for years. any advice to what i should do? what is the process for asking them to produce credit agreement? and is it legal to charge £12 administration charge and £10.11 interest a month. my original debt was only £100 now it is £411,37

ONCE ON A DEBT RECOVERY COMPANY ALL CHARGES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE STOPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A DEBT RECOVERY COMPANY TOLD ME THAT

• 3 weeks later...
if they charge me 12 quid i always reciprocate and send a letter charging them the same amount..they have no more right to put charges on the account than i have

Actually, that's not exactly true. If the debt is assigned to them then they continue to have the rights under the agreement the original creditor had and that includes interest and charges. IF you come to an agreement with a DCA to repay the debt and don't keep to it, they too can charge interest at whatever they like.

How many £12's have you had paid back? - If they don't do you sue them or what?

that assuming they had a valid contract in the first place, littlewoods have yet to produce a signed contract... in fact i dont believe i have ever seen on this forum a signed legal littlewoods contract... i have never paid any of their charges and whenever i have challenged them they have removed them immediately..

if you also look carefully the debt was never assigned these are simply the inhouse morons of littlewoods..there strong arm tactical group...NO CONTRACT..no right to add charges...simples...

yes, that's what I'm saying, if it's assigned as it would be by Debt Purchasers like Cabot then the situation is different, just trying to avoid confusion, but if you made an arrangement with NDR then they too, even as a DCA of the Creditor and you breach that agreement then they too have a right to charge you. Whether you do or not depends on your constitution handling thier ignorant ways. You seem to have a good handle on them anyway :D

Be interested to know how many £12's you had back though. I used to send them out too to the likes of Igor and Wescot for £50 - never got a cheque although I felt like setting a dca on them to collect it. Their argument was that I had no contract with them so it was a one sided agreement which wasn't valid so feck off ! - It was a laugh trying though, turning back on them that which they put on us..:p

think altogether they sent about 8 letters with 12 quid charges...against advice always given dont ring..i do as i enjoy baiting them..the moment they answered i informed them i was charging 12 quid for this call...they always and i mean always removed the charge they had put on... i dont recommend this to everyone but if you feel strong enough to deal with em