SD received in the post day**WON WITH COSTS**

tiglet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent news Tigs

Yet again the SHEER GREED of a DCA has been its undoing. Make sure you send a nice Christmas Card to the idiots. Spend the £190 on something nice for yourself.

Id be tempted to ring them up & tell them how lovely the £190 feels in my hands right now :D

Yeeeehaah ! Well done Tiglet x20 will be delighted too...

You were lucky with Bookie then ("Bookie was brilliant, reminding me to breathe at one point"), she has a tendency to ensure some of us stop altogether :D:D

Brilliant news Tigs and just yet ANOTHER REMINDER to all you DCA's out there:-

What is it about " ABIDE BY THE LAWS OF THE LAND " that you don't understand?

Do that and we'll go away! :D

Carry on dancing Tigs ;)

WELL DONE TIGS!!!! Now you can stop holding your breath and start relaxing --- no more panic attacks!! It just goes to show that so many peeps on here DO know what they are talking about:D

Have a lovely relaxing evening - bet you can't stop grinning:p:p:p

What a miserable [***] that judge was!!! Still a win's a win!! yay!! :D Some poor sods work all week stacking shelves in Tesco to make £190 though (or 2 weeks on the phones for a DCA ha ha!!) Ooh look, title of the thread has been changed as I predicted ;)

Enjoy your winnings!

Edited by steven4064
Sorry 50p - I sympathise with your sentiments but it is still an evasion of the swear filter

Thanks guys.

It was great to get my statutory demand by Capquest set aside - the judge did that in the first 30 seconds.

He then spent about 15 minutes going through my costs, which was when I got rather flustered and kept trying to show him my file - but, to be honest, I don't see this as anything other than a victory for the following reasons:

1. I didn't give in to the bullying

2. I did something which was terrifying me and attended court (although i do now need another bottle of rescue remedy)

3. I got my SD set-aside

4. Capquest have to pay out £190 on top of the miniscule amount they spent on this debt. If more people do this, they may see it's financially not worthwhile sending these out, although I doubt it as many people will be frightened into paying up because of it.

So, thank you to all for your support and capquest, if you're reading this, you've just bought Bookie a massive box of chocolates!

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

hah! Going on LEGITIMATE debts, I'm afraid.

(Although hubby and I may share a bottle of wine to celebrate)

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Well done Tigs, well done Bookie for the support you gave. Great result.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Great news- and from someone who is also victim to the dreaded panic attacks, I think you were very brave (of course if you have Bookie behind you to prevent you from running away, that helps!)

Congratulations!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts.

No doubt Bookie will be along later to fill in the bits that I missed.

Thank you for your rep pit little_evo - I hope your bad days get better soon x