No Cca - How Do U Get The Default Removed Asap??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there:)

Can anyone tell me how to get a default removed pronto - after a CCA requests has been made and they have failed to comply - rather than sending endless letters to the DCA asking then to do so??

CRA's are unable to remove the defaults from your credit report until asked to do so by the DCA.

I know there is no quick fix - but surely after 12+2 days - and after an additional 30 days when they committed an offence the default should be removed ASAP!

If anyone has any advise please help - I desperately need to re mortgage, but have some very minor defaults on my credit file which will make this difficult - I want then removed as soon as poss and I believe that they will not produce a CA after 30 days!!

How do I get the default removed quickly after this time period if the DCA fails to respond to my default removal requests???

Any help would be sincerely appreciated - Thanks

Guest Old_andrew2018
Hi there:)

Can anyone tell me how to get a default removed pronto - after a CCA requests has been made and they have failed to comply - rather than sending endless letters to the DCA asking then to do so??

CRA's are unable to remove the defaults from your credit report until asked to do so by the DCA.

I know there is no quick fix - but surely after 12+2 days - and after an additional 30 days when they committed an offence the default should be removed ASAP! Due to amendments to this section of the CCA 1974, it is no longer an offence.

If anyone has any advise please help - I desperately need to re mortgage, but have some very minor defaults on my credit file which will make this difficult - I want then removed as soon as poss and I believe that they will not produce a CA after 30 days!!

How do I get the default removed quickly after this time period if the DCA fails to respond to my default removal requests???

Any help would be sincerely appreciated - Thanks

There are a couple of threads which talk about the process of default removal, one such directed to this site, mightycredits.com / credit-cards / remove_default_notice.

I must say although the person was successful it is drawn out process.

Andy

I can say that in 2 cases, one with DLC and 1 with Wescot.

I asked DLC to simply remove the default until such time that they comply with my CCA request (which is 18 months old now) and they removed it.

Wescot stood firm (despite completley failing to comply with CCA in any way shape or form for the last 18 months) and refused so I approached all 3 CRA and 2 of them didn't hear back from Wescot so they removed it.

Experian stated that they received proof that not only that the debt existed that it is enforcable.

I contacted the ICO and although it took 6 months to get anywhere all they got from Wescot was copies of my statements from MBNA. On going through the statements the ICO noted that the date of the default on my credit file was 2 years later than it should have been (and making it near 8 years old) and ordered Wescot to amend it. That was in March and guess what.... it's still there.

So, swings and roundabouts.