• Tweets

• Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
Ray786

RBS registers default despite getting payment

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3920 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

It was the sudden and abrupt closure of my six-year-old current account without giving any reason, which triggered my troubles with the Royal Bank of Scotland. The bank then demanded an immediate clearance of my overdraft amount which was strictly within the sanctioned limit. I expressed my inability to clear the entire sum of over £ 2000 in one go. Following an observation of the Financial Ombudsman Service that the bank should give me sufficient time to repay my OD limit, I was advised by the Credit Control Department of Royal Bank of Scotland to pay the OD in instalments. It was mutually agreed that I will clear the overdraft in equal instalments of £ 200 per month.

I abided by the agreement from my side and continued paying the instalments regularly till the time the overdraft was reduced to zero. The last instalment was paid in May 2007. Thereafter complete silence prevailed from the side of Royal Bank of Scotland. I was never ever contacted by any official of the Royal Bank of Scotland either by phone, by letter or by e-mail. I was under the impression that the OD has been paid off and nothing is due. Needless to mention that I still maintain a RBS Gold Credit Card with a reasonable credit limit, with all the payments up to date with my correct and current mailing address on the files of Royal Bank of Scotland. On 29th September 2007, I received a notice from Regal Credit Consultants Ltd. informing me that I owe a sum of £ 449.34 to Royal Bank of Scotland and the case is now being handled by this debt collection agency. I protested against the same seeking clarification as to why was a debt collection agency involved, when I am responding to all calls and fully cooperating with RBS Credit Control team making all efforts to clear the outstanding amounts. I was then informed by RBS Head Office (Over telephone) that Royal Bank of Scotland tried to contact me at my old home address and failed to get hold of me. I was accused of not informing Royal Bank of Scotland of my change of address which resulted in their failure to contact me. I replied that my current up to date address is available in your record as all my RBS Credit Card statements come to my new home address. I was told that the credit card department is separate from the Current Account Department and the Credit Control Department of Royal Bank of Scotland has recorded a default due to my failure to respond to their attempts to contact me. In short, without being given a chance to clear whatever was left of the outstanding OD amount, a default was recorded on my credit history at Experian and other credit rating agencies.

Following the receipt of a notice from Regal Credit Consultants Ltd., I immediately cleared the outstanding amount. This amount was paid on the same day on which I received a notice i.e. 29th September 2007. Now the problem is my credit history. I rang RBS Head office and spoke to a customer relations officer and explained the whole situation to him. He refused to help me on this account saying that the default recorded on my credit history was correct at the time of recording and will not be removed by Royal Bank of Scotland for the next six years. I protested against the same, but to no avail.

Then I wrote a letter to the RBS Customer Relations Manager on 24th October 2007 narrating all the events as detailed above. In reply I received a letter from the customer relations team of RBOS dated 15th November 2007 informing me that they are not willing to remove the default from my credit history. In January 2008, I filed a complaint against RBS with the Federal Ombudsman’s Office which is pending till today. My credit file has a blot of a default which has been settled ages ago. But every time, I apply for any financial deal, I get refused because of a default present on my credit history.

Is there a way out? Can anybody help?

In my view there is a LOT you can do about this ....but knowing RBS like I do (and I know them real well) you will have to fight them...Iwill be back with a few things to hit them with, in the meantime I am sure some other CAG members will be giving you pointers as well.

sparkie

Hi Sparkie1723,

Nobody else has cropped up with any idea. Could you please advise what could be done to undo the default on my credit history.

Thanks

Ray786

Ray

You have come to the right place!

You have given very informative information. Which helps the many people on this forum give advice without having to ask you loads more questions.

However, the VERY best person to help you is Sparkie! He's been doing this for a while now and I hope that he might take an interest in your situation.

D

Hi there Ray,

The first thing you should point out to the RBS is this.

They have all your personal details as you hold a Credit Card issued by them, irrespective of their statement that it is a different department, when you signed the Fair processing notice on the application for your credit card …it would have stated……."We will share your personal details and information to other companies in our group"….I would emphasise the words WE WILL share your details. This is a statement of intent and if they do not carry out this intent ....That is a negligent mis statement that has caused you loss and damage.... ( Mis-Representation Act 1967)

Therefore the responsibility for one department not doing what they said they would/will do is not your responsibility, it is the Bank as a group.

Therefore the default has been registered later by way of their negligence and failure to do what they said they will do and is therefore unlawful.

A Breach of the Second Principle of the DPA ..."a data subject must not be deceived or misled in the manner which his data is processed"

This is just for starters I will come back with a bit more later ..I’m a bit busy with the RBS myself but “I will be back” …l………..as Arnold used to say

sparkie

Edited by Sparkie1723

Have you been in contact with the FOS to find out what the delay is?

Have you done an SAR on the RBS as this should disclsoe the reason for the sudden account closure.

You say that you repaid until a zero balance. How come there was then a £440 odd balance outstanding. What was that due to?

Did they not send you any statements during your repayment - either to your old or your new address?

FOS says it has a long backlog. It will take another few months to deal with the application.

I categorically asked the reason for the sudden losure of my account. They refused to disclose the same or even discuss the matter further.

Although I repaid till the zero balance according to my calculation. But the bank calculates things differently. I think it was interest accrued plus the compound interest.

No. RBS did not send me any statement during the period I was paying them instalments - neither to my old address nor to my new address.