style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5708 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is from the sticky at the top about complaining about a certified bailiff. I've looked but can't find - does anyone know if it's possible to download this form 4, over the internet

If you have a complaint about a Certificated Bailiff, there is a very simple procedure that you can use, which is dealt with very quickly, but more importantly is free.In the bailiff profession, this is commonlly refered to as a FORM 4 COMPLAINT.

Statutory Regulations introduced under the Distress for Rent Act 1988, provide for complaints about the conduct of Certificated Bailiff’s to be made to the County Court (where the bailiff obtained his certificate) using a very simple court form called a FORM 4.

Thanks........

Hi there, you can download the Form 4 here: Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home. Select Forms and Guidance from the menu on the left hand side and enter Form 4 in the top box. You will then be taken to the page where you can download the form.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

A complaint about a bailiff ?????

Do tell.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

My (council tax) account balance just seems to keep going up. I got a letter from them in May saying I owed £1056. Since then I've paid nearly £300 off that amount, and I've just got another letter from them saying I owe £1156.... ??? WTF???

I've written to them and the council to try and get an answer a to what they think they are doing, but no-one will even respond.

Nothing new there then.

Sorry about my flippancy, its just that i am amazed at the level of over charging going on.

How did you reach an agreement to pay ?

Have you signed a Walking Possession Order ?

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

I still pay the council over £100 per month towards my council tax...

I have signed nothing with the bailiff - and there's no chance he's getting in my house.

Im confused, if you are paying the council direct, why do you need to complain about a bailiff.

He's still coming round knocking on my door and sending me letters with stupid outstanding balances on.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on the poor bailiff, but I just don't like it when they go around adding any charges they like, thinking they are like god or something..

My (council tax) account balance just seems to keep going up. I got a letter from them in May saying I owed £1056. Since then I've paid nearly £300 off that amount, and I've just got another letter from them saying I owe £1156....

OK. So this letter is from the bailiff, and not the council ?

OK. So this letter is from the bailiff, and not the council ?

Yes this letter is from bailiff, I still pay the council and after I pay them every time I send them an email saying they need to inform bailiff company, but I don't think they do.....

My balance now according to the council is about £700, bailiff still thinks it is £1156.

Im sorry, im having a real nightmare understanding this, you pay the council direct, but the bailiffs are chasing you. ?

Im sorry, im having a real nightmare understanding this, you pay the council direct, but the bailiffs are chasing you. ?

That is exactly correct...... I have paid the council something every month and they still sent the bailiffs round.....

What annoys me is that they send the bailiffs round, but they don't seem to talk to them and keep them updated when I make payments.......:mad:

To send the bailiffs round, they must have first gained a liability order through the courts. Are you aware of any order.

Are the council crediting the amount you pay to the debt, or to this years account ?.

To send the bailiffs round, they must have first gained a liability order through the courts. Are you aware of any order.

Are the council crediting the amount you pay to the debt, or to this years account ?.

Yes... the council got the liability order because I was two weeks late with the first payment.....

and

the 'debt' IS this years account..... the bailiffs are seeking council tax money for this year 2008/09...

Ok. Do you have all the necessary information about the bailiff to make your complaint.

Personally i would do it ASAP as this would be the best way to get them off your back.

Ok. Do you have all the necessary information about the bailiff to make your complaint.

Personally i would do it ASAP as this would be the best way to get them off your back.

The last time I wrote to them and asked for their explanation of their charges / balance innacuracies, I told them to reply before Wednesday 13th. If I haven't heard from them by then, I'll do the complaint on Thursday..........

MAke sure that the council is not diverting some of your payments to cover the bailiffs supposed fees!

I'm quite sure they are not, but if the bailiff adds charges, woldn't they be between me and the bailiff, and the council surely have no right to 'pay' them on my behalf.....?

The last time I wrote to them and asked for their explanation of their charges / balance innacuracies, I told them to reply before Wednesday 13th. If I haven't heard from them by then, I'll do the complaint on Thursday..........

They are not likely to give them to you unless you make your request legal.

Send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) HERE

Only proceed with your complaint if you have all the info required.

Tomtubby has reported that unless a letter is sent with each payment stating that the payment is to be applied against council tax only, the LA has been known to use it to cover the bailiff charges! Correct me if I'm wrong TT please. Have you done a SAR yet requesting all information including a screen shot?

You might want to add this bit from the Fraud act 2006.

3 Fraud by failing to disclose information

A person is in breach of this section if he—

(a) dishonestly fails to disclose to another person information which he is under a legal duty to disclose, and

(b) intends, by failing to disclose the information—

(i) to make a gain for himself or another, or

(ii) to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.

But dont use it lightly unless you mean business.

One thing to remember here is that,

The council are dealing with tens of thousands of customers, and the bailiffs are trying to make tens of thousands of ££££££££££.

Get all the information you need and you will be ok.