Nat West want to charge me to get Information must I pay?

Blacksheep
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to update you on my progress.

I wrote to Natwest using the 'Data protection letter template'. I requested 6 years of bank statements and all details of bank charges levied on my accounts.

Natwest was unhelpful. I got no-where. They wrote to me to say that ""To obtain the information we hold for you on your personal file you will need to complete the Subject Access Request application form which is enclosed in the "The Data Protection Act-Your Rights" leaflet. As you will see there is a £10 fee for this service. With regards to your request for a list of all your account transactions, you will need to request for copy statements to be produced. The fee for this is £5."

Does any body know if I will have to pay or am I entitled to receive this information free?

I am sure you can imagine by now how I resent sending any more money to this bank. I have spent too long being afraid of banks, I just have to keep my nerve now, so any support would be gratefully received.

Please post a reply if you can help

Very Best Wishes

The Blacksheep :oops::oops: :?

Youare entitled to a full disclosure of all data for one maxium fee of £10.

You do not have to complete a particular form.

Tell them this and that you will complain to the Information commissioner if they do not comply.

remind them also that they have a fiduciary duty towards you and to attempt to deceive you with this false information is a violation of this duty which may be brought to the attention of the court should you decide to bring an action.

Try to get the name of their Data Protection officer and send him a copy as well.

Hi, i cant be of much help, i just wanted to wish you luck. I too am cacking myself over this, especially if it goes to court, but we are entitled to this money, so we need to be strong, and not let the banks win.

good luck. :D

Natwest- reclaimed £600

LLoydstsb- £522 (about to send 1st letter)

Thank you Stefbate,

You may not think you can do much, but moral support is just as valuable as practical support.

so thankyou very much.

I would be interested to know how you get on too, please keep me posted.

Best wishes

Blacksheep :wink:

Thank you Bank fodder,

I shall follow your advice and write back to Natwest enclosing a cheque for £10 so that they have no reason to refuse me my rights. I will have to wait till Friday Payday though, as I've just started a new job which is not well paid.

I will keep you posted.

Very Best Wishes

Blacksheep :)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks