Lowell in Northern Ireland threatening field agent visit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Found this website by googling Lowell, I have received a letter from them threatening to have a field agent visit my property in the next few days is I dont contact them.

I've managed to keep this debt from my family so far and am really worried, is there anyone here from my part of the world that has dealt with them and do they actually turn up?

Thanks everyone

Hi Skint, welcome to CAG.

Field agents are unlikely to call as this letter is just a threatening letter intended to make you worry or, even worse, panic.

Field agents have no more rights to visit you uninvited than I do. If (a big if!) one turns up you can politely (or even impolitely) ask him to leave.

They can of course make an appointment and then visit you legitimately - but I can't imagine you would want to make an appointment.

Lowells are well known here - some people here will probably be able to tell what's in the letter you have received word for word.

Are you able to scan the letter and upload it here. Before uploading it you should remove any personal information that could identify you. Names, addresses, amounts and even the barcode if one is there.

Once uploaded we can give you further advice.

Question : do they have your telephone number? If they ring you never engage in conversation with them as they are experts in browbeating, abusing, insulting and harassing you in order to get you to pay out some money. They are likely to tell lies as well. Just say that all communication must be in writing and hang up straight away.

Be careful that they don't provoke you into saying something just to get you to stay on the line.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Hi Skint

I'm in NI, and although I haven't had to deal with Lowells I know that in general they are the same as any other DCA - in other words, mendacity and a disregard for the law appear to be part of their business model.

Palomino's advice is good. I think it's extremely unlikely that a 'field agent' will call, especially in NI. It's worth noting that many of the laws are different here, but DCA's tend to forget, which plays straight into our hands.

Can you tell us more about the debt, such as whether it's for a loan, credit card or whatever? Who was the original creditor (Lowell will almost certainly have bought the debt)? When was the last time you made a payment?

I will pm ODC, who is a Lowell expert and also in NI, and ask him to take a look for you.

Tis is a standard letter from the Leeds Losers. They talk about their Licensed Field Agents. They are such a secret bunch that no-one has ever spotted one. In fact you have more chance of seeing Shergar trotting down the Falls Road/Shankill Road* than one of these mysterious Twits appearing. If in the highly unlikely event that one should darken your door then order them to leave. Should they refuse telephone your local PSNI and report a breach of the peace.

Brilliant I was really worried, doesnt solve the problem of the debt but it is a relief, ODC are you from mine and Noomill060's neck of the woods to? have you had many dealings with them guys?

Brilliant I was really worried, doesnt solve the problem of the debt but it is a relief, ODC are you from mine and Noomill060's neck of the woods to? have you had many dealings with them guys?

I have fought and beaten the Leeds Loser. They are so predictable. I have a set of their threatomatics

Sounds like we should all meet up and discuss tactics!

I dont believe this!

I've just had another letter from them assigning an old HBOS bank of scotland loan I had to them.

Again has anyone had any dealings regarding this and the steps you took to deal with it?

Getting worried now!

no chance i was still paying it up until 18 months ago when i couldnt kep up anymore, CCA as is ask for the agreement is that? HBOS trade under quite a few names have you dealt with them in any form or capital one (thats my other one) what they like at getting the info?

I also got to send letters to Meritforce and Clarity threatening agents to call.

I have an ongoing saga in that loads of debt was taken out in my name.

I sent letters asking them to google Northern Ireland and Paramilitaries etc.

I even told them it was illegal for doorstep collectors in NI I mean I spun the biggest waffle I could.

I mentioned how much would it cost them to send a collector over from the mainland and how safe would it be etc etc. The result not a peep. The truth is they do not know if the law here is different.

By the way I live near the railway station two stops from Lisburn Lol Small worls isnt it ?????

Im learning more every day :)

no chance i was still paying it up until 18 months ago when i couldnt kep up anymore, CCA as is ask for the agreement is that? HBOS trade under quite a few names have you dealt with them in any form or capital one (thats my other one) what they like at getting the info?

I had Lowell on my case for CRAPONE but they disappeared once they received a CCA.

I havent any HBOS problems but send off a CCA to our friends in Leeds.

I also gad to send letters to Meritforce and Clarity threatening agents to call. I have an ongoing saga in that loads of debt was taken out in my name. I sent letters asking them to google Northern Ireland and Parlamilataries etc. I even told them it was illegal for doorstep collectors in NI I mean I basically spun the biggest waffle I could. I mentioned how much would it cost them to send a collector over from the mainland and how safe would it be etc etc. The result not a peep. The truth is they do not know if the law here is different.
NI Girl you dont need to tell porkies to the DCA muppets to stop them calling. They can only visit your home with your permission. They have NO LEGAL rights to do anything. Should they fail to leave when oredered to do so then a quick call to the PSNI should suffice. I also recomend photographing the doorstepper as well as taking full details of any vehicle he or she may be using. Snotcall and Legal and Trade used to have doorsteppers in NI and I know of a few of the local companies who still rely on this method. They of course are easily dealt with.

180px-Humber_pig_parola_2.jpg

Class havent saw one of those "Meatwagons" since pror Good Friday Lol

SP gave me loads of advice but I just waffled the heap to them, after all if they tell porkies - - -

Here thats a gud un call the PSNI a few years ago its have been local Knee breakers with Uncle Andy and Big Mervyn Ha Ha:D

Im learning more every day :)