• Tweets

• Hi welcome to the Forum.  If a PCN is sent out late ie after the 12th day of the alleged offence, the charge cannot then be transferred from the driver to the keeper.T he PCN is deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch so in your case, unless you can prove that Nexus sent the PCN several days after they claim you have very little chance of winning that argument. All is not lost since the majority of PCNs sent out are very poorly worded so that yet again the keeper is not liable to pay the charge, only the driver is now liable. If you post up the PCN, front and back we will be able to confirm whether it is compliant or not. Even if it is ok, there are lots of other reasons why it is not necessary to pay those rogues. 
    • Hi 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No  7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice' I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof?
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
    • Huh? This is nothing about paying just for what I use - I currently prefer the averaged monthly payment - else i wouldn't be in credit month after month - which I am comfortable with - else I wold simply request a part refund - which I  would have done if they hadn't reduced my monthly dd after the complaint I raised (handled slowly and rather badly) highlighted the errors in their systems (one of which they do seem to have fixed) Are you not aware DD is always potentially variable? ah well, look it up - but my deal is a supposed to average the payments over a year, and i dont expect them to change payments (up or down) without my informed agreement ESPECIALLY when I'm in credit over winter.   You are happy with your smart meter - jolly for you I dont want one, dont have to have one  - so wont   I have a box that tells me my electricity usage - was free donkeys years ago and shows me everything I need to know just like a smart meter but doesnt need a smart meter,  and i can manually set my charges - so as a side effect - would show me if the charges from the supplier were mismatched. Doesn't tell me if the meters actually calibrated correctly - but neither does your smart meter. That all relies on a label and the competence of the testers - and the competence of any remote fiddling with the settings. You seem happy with that - thats fine. I'm not.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Me vs Big Supermarket (DDA Claim)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You have discounted anyone without a blue badge as disabled.

1 Meaning of “disability” and “disabled person”

(1) Subject to the provisions of Schedule 1, a person has a disability for the purposes of this Act if he has a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities.

(2) In this Act “disabled person” means a person who has a disability.

broken leg doesn't seem to be counted under the DDA .. but you could always take it up with your MP if you think it should be included .. a blue badge is a long established acceptance of confirming someone is disabled as far as parking goes.

a grovel is not needed :)

• Haha 1

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't stop it now - all I need to see is something that will convince me that someone with a broken leg is not disabled and not entitled to use a parking bay that says "Disabled parking only".

If that is forthcoming then I will be the first to grovel.

Read Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (c. 50) - I've even linked to the correct page for you, so that you don't need to search too far, it's in the first paragraph. That's in the middle of the page, between the menu on the left and the search, feeds and other menu on the right and below the header, header menu and links to the other pages, in case you're having any difficulties looking :rolleyes:

It clearly defines somebody who is disabled as somebody who " has a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities."

Somebody who has a broken leg does not necessarily fit these criteria!

Somebody who fits the above criteria is entitled to a blue-badge thus somebody without a blue-badge is either not disabled or has not applied for a blue-badge for stupidity, laziness, forgetfulness or incompetence!

Now please can we have pictures of you groveling?!?!?!

Note: My post was being written at the same time Janet posted hers. I wasn't intending to double the posts. Though, I would like to see Conniff groveling. :D

Edited by legalpickle
disclaimer
  • Haha 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Thank you seftonview. I have read through it and can see no mention at all of 'blue badges', however, the very first line reads:

Discrimination in relation to goods, facilities and services.

— (1) It is unlawful for a provider of services to discriminate against a disabled person

You have discounted anyone without a blue badge as disabled.

Have I? Please point me to such a statement. I mean specifically a link to the full post, just so you don't quote me out of context.

I concede that I have stated someone without a broken leg is not disabled within the DDA. Would you disagree? Please point to any reliable medical source that indicates a broken leg has a prognosis of longer than four months. The DDA requires a problem to have lasted, or be likely to last at least twelve months to be protected under the act, save a few exceptions (such as cancer). Alternatively, point to some case law showing a broken leg counts as disability under the DDA.

I also concede that I have said that a person is only entitled to use a disabled space as a provision of a reasonable adjustment if it prevents substantial disadvantage for a reason relating to that persons disability.

20 -(1) For the purposes of section 19, a provider of services discriminates against a disabled person if

(a)

for a reason which relates to the disabled persons disability, he treats him less favourably than he treats or would treat others to whom that reason does not or would not apply; and

(b)

he cannot show that the treatment in question is justified.

If a person has a disability that requires them to use a disabled parking space, they are entitled to a blue badge. Anyone choosing not to apply for one acts of their own perogative.

If they have no blue badge, I contend it likely to be reasonable to refuse them access to a space, because the justification in doing so is that they cannot demonstrate they are a disabled person within the meaning of the DDA. However, if they can by alternate means, they are able to park there. There is further justification in that in failing to have effective enforcement the service provider discriminates against those who are disabled within the act and cannot show this to be justified, which opens him to legal liability (ie. me suing their ass)

Addition: for clarification, possession of a walking stick/wheelchair/limp is not adequate proof. I'm talking medical note confirming status under the DDA, being known to the service provider, disability being of obious compliance (e.g., a double amputee would be credible of their own recognisance)

Don't stop it now - all I need to see is something that will convince me that someone with a broken leg is not disabled and not entitled to use a parking bay that says "Disabled parking only".

If that is forthcoming then I will be the first to grovel.

Unless you happen to be a District Judge sitting on petition of my complaint, I'm not obliged to convince you of anything, and you'd be well advised to remember that.

That said, again please point me to where I have said a person with a broken leg is [not] disabled. I dare you to try without misquoting me. What you will find is that I've stated they aren't disabled under the DDA, which has been demonstrated. If a service provider decides to help someone not disabled under the DDA that is commendable, but not if it results in discrimination against someone who is. If you aren't happy with that, please feel free to petition your MP for widening of the discrimination laws.

Anything else, Guv?

Edited by seftonview
missed a key word; further edit to remove erroneous implication judiciary sit before claimants
  • Haha 1

If I've been helpful, please add to my rep. :)

:p snap

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I concede that I have stated someone without a broken leg is not disabled within the DDA. Would you disagree? Please point to any reliable medical source that indicates a broken leg has a prognosis of longer than four months. The DDA requires a problem to have lasted, or be likely to last at least twelve months to be protected under the act, save a few exceptions (such as cancer). Alternatively, point to some case law showing a broken leg counts as disability under the DDA.

Addition: for clarification, possession of a walking stick/wheelchair/limp is not adequate proof. I'm talking medical note confirming status under the DDA, being known to the service provider, disability being of obious compliance (e.g., a double amputee would be credible of their own recognisance)

That said, again please point me to where I have said a person with a broken leg is [not] disabled.

For the sake of being complete there are occurrences where a person with a broken leg could be classed as having a physical impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities.

It is relatively rare, most people who have a broken leg don't, but it is possible that a broken leg could be caused by something that did not have substantial and long-term adverse effect on his ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities but the results of the broken leg would be a start of degenerative disorders, or other medical conditions. This is purely a medical example [one of several] to make clear that not everybody with a broken leg is not classed as disabled under under the Act, some are, but most are not.

Semantics - but that's my middle name.

Edited by legalpickle
stupid spelling error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

I thought it was Al :rolleyes:

doubts.

For the sake of being completion there are occurrences where a person with a broken leg could be classed as having a physical impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on his ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities.

It is relatively rare, most people who have a broken leg don't, but it is possible that a broken leg could be caused by something that did not have substantial and long-term adverse effect on his ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities but the results of the broken leg would be a start of degenerative disorders, or other medical conditions. This is purely a medical example [one of several] to make clear that not everybody with a broken leg is not classed as disabled under under the Act, some are, but most are not.

I disagree (sorry, putting my medical student cap on here).

By its definition a broken leg is not a disability under the DDA. A broken leg will heal in about three months, give or take a few weeks depending on the person. Seperate complications may arise, such as osteoarthropathy, or even something a little more remote such as chronic fatigue syndrome, but they are disabilities in their own right.

The distinction is quite important because protection only applies to a disabled person for reasons relating to their disability.

If a person can't walk because they have a broken leg they arent disabled under the DDA, if the fracture causes (or worsens) arthropatic disorder or another condition, that condition may be disability under the DDA.

However, again it is sematics because if they were disabled under the DDA because of a broken leg (which as stated stictly speaking isn't possible), they would be entitled to a blue badge anyway.

Back to topic!

I disagree (sorry, putting my medical student cap on here).

By its definition a broken leg is not a disability under the DDA. A broken leg will heal in about three months, give or take a few weeks depending on the person. Seperate complications may arise, such as osteoarthropathy, or even something a little more remote such as chronic fatigue syndrome, but they are disabilities in their own right.

The distinction is quite important because protection only applies to a disabled person for reasons relating to their disability.

If a person can't walk because they have a broken leg they arent disabled under the DDA, if the fracture causes (or worsens) arthropatic disorder or another condition, that condition may be disability under the DDA.

However, again it is sematics because if they were disabled under the DDA because of a broken leg (which as stated stictly speaking isn't possible), they would be entitled to a blue badge anyway.

Technically, you're right and I admit I could and should have worded it better.

The point I was making - irrelevant, I admit - is that a leg that is broken could cause - and be caused by - a disability that is classed as a long-term substantial disability for the purposes of the DDA thus some people with a broken leg are disabled under the DDA - though most are not.

Back to topic!

edited

Edited by jonni2bad

Technically, you're right and I admit I could and should have worded it better.

The point I was making - irrelevant, I admit - is that a leg that is broken could cause - and be caused by - a disability that is classed as a long-term substantial disability for the purposes of the DDA.

I was pointing out that not everybody with a broken leg is not disabled under the DDA which I think you'll agree on.

I'd go further, none of them are.

I think I can see what you're trying to convey though. If a person already has a disability that puts them at risk of falls or such the like, it could put them at risk of broken leg, which could invoke the principle of discrimination for reasons relating to disability, though personally I think the connection is quite remote and would not be considered reasonable de jure.

I'd go further, none of them are.

I think I can see what you're trying to convey though. If a person already has a disability that puts them at risk of falls or such the like, it could put them at risk of broken leg, which could invoke the principle of discrimination for reasons relating to disability, though personally I think the connection is quite remote and would not be considered reasonable de jure.

I've since clarified my post - I have the habit of writing things in confusing manners, sorry, one of my many disabilities ;).

You've hit one nail on the head, but there are two others. 1) Somebody falls and breaks a leg, it can cause further disabilities - though in most it won't. 2) Somebody trips a trip that would cause most people grazes and maybe some bleeding, but he breaks a leg. That could be the start of a condition that shows up at that time.

I was not claiming those as reasons for discrimination. I was clarifying the point that not all, but most people who break a leg are not disabled under the DDA, but wanted to make clear that it was not all.

edited

Edited by jonni2bad

Sorry you have had bad news LP :Cry:.. but I still wouldn't lower your usual excellent standards to the level of some others

• Haha 1

doubts.

You've hit one nail on the head, but there are two others. 1) Somebody falls and breaks a leg, it can cause further disabilities - though in most it won't.

In which case the new condition may be disability under the DDA, but the broken leg itself isn't.

2) Somebody trips a trip that would cause most people grazes and maybe some bleeding, but he breaks a leg. That could be the start of a condition that shows up at that time.

True, but the break itself isnt disability under the DDA. The new condition wouldnt be disability under the DDA until either (i) it has had substantial and adverse effect for at least twelve months or (ii) clinical findings efficiate that it is likely to last for at least twelve months.

Bringing this into line with the hypothetical circumstances being discussed, at the point a person has a broken leg they aren't disabled under the DDA, though if complicaions arise and further diagnosis is made it may be, in which case a blue badge would be a statutory entitlement. (Added:) This however, would be at least a few months down the line.

Edited by seftonview
clarification

In which case the new condition may be disability under the DDA, but the broken leg itself isn't.

True, but the break itself isnt disability under the DDA. The new condition wouldnt be disability under the DDA until either (i) it has had substantial and adverse effect for at least twelve months or (ii) clinical findings efficiate that it is likely to last for at least twelve months.

Bringing this into line with the hypothetical circumstances being discussed, at the point a person has a broken leg they aren't disabled under the DDA, though if complicaions arise and further diagnosis is made it may be, in which case a blue badge would be a statutory entitlement.

I concede that you are technically correct.

I think we are splitting hairs over the broken leg, I believe that was used as an hypothetical disability.

Lets say then that someone comes here from a foreign country and has no legs and uses prostheses or that person is deaf.

Is that person not disabled? Under the dda he would be disabled but because he is only here for a couple of weeks will not have a blue badge and may not even know what one is.

Are you denying him the right to park in a disabled bay?

I think we are splitting hairs over the broken leg, I believe that was used as an hypothetical disability.

Lets say then that someone comes here from a foreign country and has no legs and uses prostheses or that person is deaf.

Is that person not disabled? Under the dda he would be disabled but because he is only here for a couple of weeks will not have a blue badge and may not even know what one is.

Are you denying him the right to park in a disabled bay?

I think you've a cheek changing the goalposts, especially since you haven't answered any of my questions, but hey ho.

Which country? If its another EU country, they all issue blue badges, and there is reprocipical use. I've used mine in France, Spain and Hungary before now, and will in Greece an Germany before the year is out.

If it's not, if he has alternate proof he meets the definition of disability, and that not using the space would cause disadvantage, provided he has proof (eg. irrefutable medical evidence), he would be entitled to use it. If he can't prove it, there is statutory justification in disallowing his use of the space.

For the avoidance of doubt, I do agree being a double amputee would be proof of its own volition. I recall having used this as an example myself earlier.

A deaf person would not be entitled to use a space, and rightly so - deafness does not cause disadvantage that could be reasonably mitigated with a disabled parking space. As I've stated, adjustments must relate to the persons disability.

Edited by seftonview
atrocious spelling

A deaf person would not be entitled to use a space, and rightly so - deafness does not cause disadvantage that could be reasonably mitigated with a disabled parking space. As I've stated, adjustments must relate to the persons disability.

I'd like to add the following example as logical extension:-

Would a deaf/Deaf guy be happy if I used the induction loop at my GP's office because I have restricted mobility; thus preventing him from using it? I imagine he'd clock me one in the face ;-)

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi Seftonview,

Well a success for you, the company chose to offer a settlement, its a pity about you being Gagged preventing the full circumstances being made wildly available.

Still at least you be able to discreetly point someone in the right direction should a similar issue arise.

Andy

Firstly, well done for taking on a Fat Cat and winning, regardless of the amount involved or conditions( that's your business)

You chose to share it with this group and you join others in giving inspiration to posters who may want to claim them selves. Thank you.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course but if they choose to post on a particular topic they should have some knowledge of the topic or at least have an open mind and learn from people with personal experience and living knowledge.

On other forums I have seen heated debates re, politics/religeon/football etc.and all posters contibute with their own personal opinions and loyalties. Providing it stays respectful it can be healthy banter.

Disability is another issue entirely and although well informed opinions can add to a debate, personal views from people who are not disabled should remain respectful. Only when you ar some one close to you , lives a life of disability, can you say if you feel discriminated against. Fom mine and my daughter's personal experiences of disability, discrimination is not usually a one off event. It can be institutional, and ongoing.

Myself and my daughter were born with impairements but it is society and the environment which disables us.

The whole debate about buildings/companys/schools makiing 'reasonable adjustments' is a joke and the Government should quantify the word reasonable instead of pussy footing around Fat Cats. ( Our school made a 'reasonable adjustment' they put in a disabled toilet........but you have to go up 3 steps to get to it! )

Locally we have a Tunnel which goes under the River Mersey. If you have a blue badge you can get a fast tag which is electronically picked up going through a barrier. This system allows you so many toll free tunnel journeys. Supermarket chains could use 1 million of their huge profits to put in a similar sytem affording tag holders 52 or so visits. It wouldn't take much for all the chains to get together to implement this between them. Designate the bays, put a barrier up, issue tags to blue badge holders. They DO have the room and if not they just buy it as they do when they want to extend..to add a garage, or cafe, or clothing section.....they have the bl--dy profits lets pressure them to using it.

A £30 billion supermarket chain made an underlying pre-tax profit of £2.8 billion.

I don't need to say which one, but it's one of the biggest 3.

this particular Chain is also a member of this body

Direct Enquiries - Feedback To Companies

You are invited by them to leave feedback re disability polycies etc.

this is a link to my local supermarkets who have signed up to the directenquiries but if you click on the link, althouth 1 of the big three chains is supposed to have registered, they have not given any acsess info ?

Direct Enquiries - Search Results: You are searching for 'Supermarkets' in 'Liverpool'.

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

just for the record here's a useful link

Baywatch Campaign - Home Page

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served

Thanks for the link Freebird I was aware of it but just clicked on it again and noticed this :eek:

Asda was “extremely shocked and disappointed” with its results, but added: “You have to understand that we have to be quite gentle [with enforcement] because we don`t want to upset anybody.”
OMG :eek:

doubts.

The whole debate about buildings/companys/schools makiing 'reasonable adjustments' is a joke and the Government should quantify the word reasonable instead of pussy footing around Fat Cats. ( Our school made a 'reasonable adjustment' they put in a disabled toilet........but you have to go up 3 steps to get to it! )

I think the current definition works well, the fact that the requirements are open ended and flexibile means that it can help almost everyone who is disabled. Historically, where prescriptive rather than open requirements have been made, it's so much easier for people to suffer detriment. A classic example is the prescriptiveness of the Factories Act compared with the Health and Safety at Work Act; where the former tried to regulate by such things as specifying how often the walls had to be painted; the latter making clauses broad, general, and cutting the 'wiggle room'.

The adjustment you have used as an example would not be reasonable in the circumstances, if I were you I would take it up with them. I won't go into the ins and outs, but I would say it is prima facie unreasonable to expect someone to require assistance to get to a toilet, on the basis that it is an indignity. If you wish, post a thread, PM me the link, and I will discuss with you. :)

Jan, that doesn't surprise me.....

I'll pm you with something I'm organising with the manager of the new aquatics centre, for children with disabilities..x

S/V

I'm quite an active Parent, campaigning and pioneering when I can.

I am now the SEN Governor in our school and I've been 'making waves' for 18 months now.

4 years ago I found out that they were changing my daughter on the floor of the nursery with just a changing mat, but in the same room as the other children. I made it my mission to make changes and that's what I've been doing ...

We now have a ground level toilet, which is suitably adjusted etc. We now have entrance ramps and rails etc at entrance to school. We are just completing a sensory room. All perimiter gates are locked and we are having a new security system installed. School trips and visitis are now better planned taking in to account children with disabilities and SEN. Lessons/curriculum is now differentiated to meet all abilities.......

I'm not saying I was responsible for all of this but continuous chipping away is paying off and people's attitudes are changing for the better.

I'm also involved with lots of other voluntary groups re disability too.

I realised a long time ago that the World is too much for me to take on, but if I chip away when and where I can, I will effect some change hopefully.

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

13/7/06 LBA

6/9/06 defence served