• Tweets

• The small claims process is straightforward although it will take a few months. Assuming you win you will get your money back – and of course you have to enforce the judgement. I'm not really clear how it works. Maybe it is already set out on this thread but tell me anyway – who did you pay your money to?
    • China's NetEase and games publisher Activision Blizzard end their feud which had angered fans.View the full article
    • A black comedy maybe. I do think it's quite disturbing and imagine his family would be concerned if they knew how he behaved. Some of the mods on here don't help by humouring him and pretending he's a normal, well-balanced individual when he clearly isn't.
    • have you googled the company? Ask shiply for the companies reg number?
    • means they don't care whatever dispute you had with EON, we bought the debt - pay up - tough luck. doesn't work like that lowell!! i'll re read whole thread tomorrow, but from memory this was for a single line supply, with a single meter feeding many building on 'a chicken farm'. Following 'whatever', that business 'folded' and an associated cottage was sold off to you whilst still being supplied via this single existing meter. There was not a separate meter for 'the cottage'. there were some payments made by yourselves.  latterly, a separate was installed to 'the cottage' but EON held you responsible for an owing debt prior to this, when not all consumption was of course not 'just' your cottage. after lots of letter tennis, the debt was sold to Lowell.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PPI Lloyds TSB FOB OFF LETTER - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all, Help needed for this one please.

I have already done the SAR for my lloyds tsb credit card and been successful in reclaiming back the late payment fees (although I didn't at the time charge interest because was unaware I could). Looking thru the statements I noticed PPI, which I now vaguely remember a heated conversation on the phone with them demanding they remove it (a couple of years in) as I realised I would not be able to claim under their T+c's as I was self employed. I have now requested the PPI back plus the CI and have received a get lost letter and a copy of my original agreement with my signature on it and the box ticked for accepting PPI. My memory is vague on this as it was dec 2002 but my policy has always been to refuse any kind of ppi on anything for the length of time Ive been self empld-20 years!!

Their letter states

When the cover was arranged we sent you the policy document which explained in detail the t+cs of the contract. The policy document alsoasked you to ensure the cover met with your requirements and that you had 30 day cooling off period. ....... it is your responsibility to read and understand the T+Cs.

I should also explain that the premiums have been shown on your statements so you have always had the opportunity to query and cancel if you felt it unsuitable (which I did)

They go on to say that although Im self empld it did not exclude me from the unemployment section of the policy or the life benefit or Positive Jobs solutions (whatever that is). They go on to say this is their final response so basically bugger off.

Im an entertainer- singer, so them getting me a job would be laughable. Only now have I found out that it truly would not have covered me (as my gut feeling has told me for all these years) and I honestly believe it was missold as they knew I was self employed when I took the card. I also have no recollection of agreeing to the PPI (which I doubt I did) and that the 'tick' could have been placed in the box after id signed.

What do I do now??????

Hello and Welcome, aztecmusic.

I'm not to hot on PPI, you will get the help you need, it may take a few hours ;)

In the meantime, have a look at this, may help :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi aztecmusic

Absolutely have a look at the link provided by maroondevo52 above!

I am claiming back ppi for my mum from lloyds. They sent about a standard reply saying not mis-sold, you signed blah blah but I kept on at them - we have just recevied the ppi premium back but they havent included interest. I didnt quote any figures in my first letter so it might be worth you working out how much you have been charged for the ppi and interest and then work out the additional contractual interest on top! There is a calculator in the templates library thread which I have tried to use but its a bit too complicated for me so I have asked for help with my calculations on my thread!

They will try to fob you off at first but you def seem to have a good example of mis-sold ppi so keep at it!!

FBD x :D

Fatboydukey (FBD) = my big fat ginger tom :DI am of the fairer sex :razz:

HSBC - FBD 1st claim Bank charges Jan 07 = success

HSBC - FBD 2nd claim Bank charges June 08 = on hold

Lloyds - mums claim Bank charges June 08 = on hold

Lloyds PPI - mums claim June 08 = Got back PPI now fighting for interest

Citi loan PPI - FBD June 08 = WON!!!!

Citi cards - FBD Credit card charges June 08 = ongoing

Skycard - FBD Credit card charges - WON!!!

Kays - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = ongoing = told Moorcroft where to go and they went!!!!!

Studio - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = WON!!!!!!

Hi to all, Help needed for this one please.

I have already done the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for my lloyds tsb credit card and been successful in reclaiming back the late payment fees (although I didn't at the time charge interest because was unaware I could). Looking thru the statements I noticed PPI, which I now vaguely remember a heated conversation on the phone with them demanding they remove it (a couple of years in) as I realised I would not be able to claim under their T+c's as I was self employed. I have now requested the PPI back plus the CI and have received a get lost letter and a copy of my original agreement with my signature on it and the box ticked for accepting PPI. My memory is vague on this as it was dec 2002 but my policy has always been to refuse any kind of ppi on anything for the length of time Ive been self empld-20 years!!

Their letter states

When the cover was arranged we sent you the policy document which explained in detail the t+cs of the contract. The policy document alsoasked you to ensure the cover met with your requirements and that you had 30 day cooling off period. ....... it is your responsibility to read and understand the T+Cs.

I should also explain that the premiums have been shown on your statements so you have always had the opportunity to query and cancel if you felt it unsuitable (which I did)

They go on to say that although Im self empld it did not exclude me from the unemployment section of the policy or the life benefit or Positive Jobs solutions (whatever that is). They go on to say this is their final response so basically bugger off.

Im an entertainer- singer, so them getting me a job would be laughable. Only now have I found out that it truly would not have covered me (as my gut feeling has told me for all these years) and I honestly believe it was missold as they knew I was self employed when I took the card. I also have no recollection of agreeing to the PPI (which I doubt I did) and that the 'tick' could have been placed in the box after id signed.

What do I do now??????

Hi there.

Just to say do not worry at this stage.

I too had exactly the same letter and is a standard fob off, more than likely a template they use.

I was a housemaker with 2 children although hubby working but this was my own card, they made the same excuse about job solutions, hospitalisation and so but don't let this put you off.;)

Mine is now with the FOS waiting to be passed onto an adjudicator, and with mine they had marked the part for the cover and was not explained anything about this.

This was however in 2001 and all settled in 2004.

Keep going hun and don't let that standard fob off template they always use put you off, you will get justice in the end. Good luck anyway.:)

Di.

x

Does not matter if you signed or not the fact is you where self employed and if they did not make you aware of that very important fact mis-sold end off.

As i see it the PPI industry have a duty to ensure that the ppi policy is fit for purpose.

Regards

Leon

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Many thanks you guys for all your advice and replies. Will head onto the FOS, Was just unsure whether to go to court or the FOS.

Will try one more letter to them just to see if they reply. I have their direct fax no, so i fax them - its quicker.

Thanks again x

Hiya

I was advised by another helpful member on here that if I went down court route first and failed then I couldnt go to FOS so he advised to go to FOS first and if that got me nowhere go to court! (I havent got that far yet tho)!

FBD xx :D

Fatboydukey (FBD) = my big fat ginger tom :DI am of the fairer sex :razz:

HSBC - FBD 1st claim Bank charges Jan 07 = success

HSBC - FBD 2nd claim Bank charges June 08 = on hold

Lloyds - mums claim Bank charges June 08 = on hold

Lloyds PPI - mums claim June 08 = Got back PPI now fighting for interest

Citi loan PPI - FBD June 08 = WON!!!!

Citi cards - FBD Credit card charges June 08 = ongoing

Skycard - FBD Credit card charges - WON!!!

Kays - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = ongoing = told Moorcroft where to go and they went!!!!!

Studio - FBD Catalogue charges June 08 = WON!!!!!!