Monitor Saga - Update - aiee what now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay guys, let me tell you the story again and whats now happened since - cos i really need some advice!

So I bought a monitor from the retailer Vadim Computers, it was delivered and I had it for a couple of days before noticing it was a little cracked and damaged on the screen.

They told me to sent it straight to their suppliers Computer2000 who would send the damaged one back to the manufacturer and order a replacement.

So I send my monitor to Computer2000... they send it to Samsung, put in an order for its replacement.

A few weeks pass and what should happen but Vadim Computers goes into volantary liquidation.

But of course, ive bought my monitor, had it delivered, owned it! I sent it to Computer 2000... so damaged though it is, i should have my damaged property sent back?

I contact Computer 2000 and they are insistent that it is a Vadim Asset, (which they are claiming) and they hace cancelled the order for the replacement!! Despite it being bought and owned now by me. The moment Vadim went inot liquidation they cancelled the order for the replacement, and sat on a credit note Samsung sent them (instead of my replacement monitor.)

I contact the liquidator and tell them my situation, that it was a good I bought, and recieved, and sent off to another company - they tell me this.

"I would confirm that given you have made full payment for your monitor, it is not considered an asset in the Liquidation of (Vadim) V-Solutions Limited. In order for you to rectify the situation, it is suggested that you contact Samsung directly for a replacement model."

So, finally, confirmation from the liquidators themselves that it is not a Vadim Asset... So I contact Computer2000 asking for the return of my damaged monitor. Of course they can't as they have already sent it back to Samsung for the money. So I ask Computer2000 for a replacement. I email, and get no response for a week, and am constantly ignored on calls, until finally I get this response (despite me telling this person the story plus the status affirmed to the monitor by the liquidators...)

"We would advise xxxxx to take up the issue directly with the company that he has a contractual relationship with which appears to be a retailer. As Computer 2000 is not a contracting party in that agreement we are unable to assist further."

Yeah Right... so there telling me to go to the liquadators as a Vadim Creditor basically... even though the liquidators have confirmed I am not.

So, what do you think guys? I mean what about that advice to contact Samsung, surely they would be dismissive to this random guy saying oh I am er owed a monitor from you! er *whisper* cos computer2000 has um 'borrowed' the money for it! Surely (j/k aside) that wouldnt work? ;)

So I guess the last alternative now is to follow it up with Small Claims - of course im from Scotland (the Sheriff courts we use for this) so does that have power to reign in a company based in England?

What do you reckon guys?

Edited by JaffaJeo