Beware Take Care

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved this email from a friend this morning

Notice on car (not a joke)

Just last weekend on Friday night we parked in a public

parking area. As we drove away I noticed a sticker on the

rear window of the car. When I took it off after I got home,

it was a receipt for petrol. Luckily my friend told me not to

stop as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of the

car. Then we received this email yesterday:

'WARNING FROM POLICE

BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE--

NEW WAY TO DO CAR JACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)'

You walk across the car parking , unlock your car and get inside. You

start the engine and shift into Reverse.

When you look into the rear-view mirror to back out of your

parking space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle

of the rear window. So, you shift into neutral, unlock your

doors, and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or

whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach

the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out

of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically

mow you down as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car.

So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your

money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are

now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just

drive away. Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you

read this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends and

family, especially to women. A purse contains all kinds of

personal information and identification documents, and you

certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong hands.:eek:

Please pass this on. :grin:

I haven't checked it yet, but I am prepared to lay a bet this is will bet yet again another hoax.

Think about it: If there was something like this going on, don't you think the police would have prominent warnings in the petrol stations?

Off to Snopes to check for confirmation. ;-)

OK but what is the point of it Then if it alerts people to be carful in places like car parks late at night or even at any time it is worth something

it saves an awful lot of gullible people being taken in. :-(

Saying nothing :rolleyes:

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

What is the point of any of those? Of "virus" alerts? Of "little girls dying of leukemia want to see this e-mail circulated 100000 times before she dies"? Of any of those THOUSANDS of e-mail hoaxes?

They get recycled by morons with nothing better to do over and over again. Every few months, they resurface. From the "lethal dangers" of aspartame to the "perfume rapists" the Internet is peppered with this kind of crap. :mad:

I suggest haveing a good read of this:

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/spotting-email-hoaxes.html

With a little bit of practice, you will start spotting them as soon as they litter your e-mail box and you can then consign them where they belong: the trash can. If one of your friends is a repeat offender in sending these, you could do worse than educate him/her too. I did with my SIL and I have to say she is finally getting the message.

As for the "if it alerts people to be carful in places like car parks late at night or even at any time it is worth something", sorry, I don't buy it. either people are already cautious, or they're not. This kind of rubbish only fuels into people who are already scared, and turns what should be natural caution into complete paranoia. I see no merit whatsoever into that.

Add to this that pretty much all petrol stations have CCTV, 24/7 (not for our protection, but to deter non-payers!) nowadays, and that forecourts are better lit up than most streets, and I would say that although of COURSE, you should always lock up your car before going to pay, there is a huge difference between being sensible and being paranoid. ;-)

You might be wise when you park your car in a car park but many people arnt believe it or not and OK I may be gullible on this one but were not talking petrol stations were talking car parks which in my area dont have cctv can be dark and are the only place you can park if you are having a night out in the town ro in London and coming back late at night on the train Personally anything that gets people to be aware for there own saftly or that of their children is worth reading

That's just trying to justify the unjustifiable.

Look, you don't want to admit having being taken in, that's up to you, but please don't try and make it sound like there can ever be a justification to pass on spam and hoax. It's like saying: "Well, there are some folks who do want a penis extension, so it's worth sending on those e-mails, just in case!" :rolleyes:

Or you could just read, learn from it, and move on. ;-)

Or you could just realise that I have a point it may be a [problem] but I still think that it serves a purpose if one person reads it and takes more care with the world the way it is thats fine by me Im more interested in people being aware of what might happen than what people think of me Reading the posts on this site makes me more aware of how vunerable people are how they can be sucked into scams money making schemes and when threatened they pay up The law both criminal and cival does not work for us the people out there us the people who come to this site in desperation Ok lets call it quits and both move on you have your thoughts and I have mine Thank God it is a free world and we can express them

I have seen this particular hoax 5 times during the last 2 years. Each time it was put forward as "a new and disturbing occurence"

Each time the wording was exactly the same, down to the last full stop, but supposedly from 5 different Police sources.

Pinch of salt!

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Ok The point has been made its a hoax BUT it still has some value as far as Im concerned anything hoax or not that makes people aware is good

We have a car park by our station we have to park there if you want to go into town ( london) to catch the train there is no where else over the last 6 months we that is 2 other people and I have Had to park ther and retrive our cars late around midnight it is lonley it is bleak it has noCCtv it is subject to a Murder investication a body was found in there in a suitcase each of us has had with us a nine yr old comeing back from a perfromance in London ( children perfroming in west end Theatre) and would I have got out if a notice was on the back of my car |im not sure I wont know and I hope that if people read it they wont either nobody knows what they will do in certain circumstances they know what they think they will do but sometimes irationality steps in

enough said on this subject

i got an email saying that they had taken the word gullible out of the dictionary...........

sorry, old joke, reworked

have to say, i did not know about the hoax-slayer website - - -

what a good idea!!

how many times have i passed on these end of the world messages only to find out they were hoaxes - better to find out BEFORE i pass it on to my limited circle of email friends and relatives -

thanks for the tip, bookie and bona - thanks for caring!

the mastercard hoax email going round was the best one, but I do agree with BONA, some emails are that good that you do become aware of it. The Mastercard one was a very popular one(originated in 2005).

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf