• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

woodya v black horse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi/

sent a letter to black horse asking for my money back for ppi missold , stating that i did not know it was optional and that it was available elsewhere cheaper

they then sent the standard refusal letter back , i am going to ask for SARs onthe loan, can anybody help me with the second letter,legislation quotes etc , i want to really beef it up and look like i know what i am talking about ?

thanks

Have they sent you the credit agreement and demands and needs statement?

hi / they have only sent me the rejection letter stating that i had 10 days cool off period and could have cancelled then . i am applying for the SAR with the second letter back to them. i dont understand what a needs statement is ?

thanks for your help

Ok they may just send you statements within your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request in your SAR letter specifically aks for a credit agreement and a demands and needs statement signed by yourself as they are so automated they have not read your letter and presume that it is an unlawful charges case.

• 1 month later...
Ok they may just send you statements within your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request in your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter specifically aks for a credit agreement and a demands and needs statement signed by yourself as they are so automated they have not read your letter and presume that it is an unlawful charges case.

hj/ just got the S A R , back does not contain credit agreement , it states on their internal complaint form that thay have not got it , is this in my favour? my next is to go to the FOS or would you send another letter? nowhere in this bundle does it reference PPI.what should i be looking for? i have no idea how much PPI i paid, please can you help.

hello woodya,

hj/ just got the S A R , back does not contain credit agreement , it states on their internal complaint form that thay have not got it , is this in my favour? (most probably) my next is to go to the FOS or would you send another letter? nowhere in this bundle does it reference PPI.what should i be looking for? i have no idea how much PPI i paid, please can you help.

A S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) comes under the Data Protection Act and entitled the customer to obtain data any company holds on them. They can be selective in what they give you, and many would be none the wiser as to whether they have been given it all.:shock:

Section 77 of the CCA is a legal request for a true copy of your credit agreement, this also must include the terms and conditions, and a statement of the account.

Consumer Credit Act 1974 section 77 (1) (a) (b) © and 77 (2).

If you submit a request for the CCA under this section you will have to submit a fee of £1.00.

If a creditor fails to comply with subsection 1 they are not entitled to enforce the agreement and if the default continues for 1 month they are then committing an offence.

If they do no produce the cca within one month they commit an offence

Be aware this only applies to existing accounts and not accounts that have been closed.

The cca request with £1.00 should get you the CCA within 14 days, this will then let you see the information you need to take things further.

If you use this then they must produce the CCA within 14 days or the account can be put into dispute.

Hope this helps out

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 3 weeks later...

hi / sent for ASAR , came back without credit agreement, sent for cca enclosed £1 no responce , i gave it to FOS they have replied that because BLACK HORSE were not a member of the GISC in 2002 they cannot take it on , FOS asked could i supply further info , but what else . other than where and when , BLACK HORSE also sent some internal paperwork saying they did not have the agreement to check, can anyone help seem to be at a dead end with this please

thanks

A S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) comes under the Data Protection Act and entitled the customer to obtain data any company holds on them. They can be selective in what they give you, and many would be none the wiser as to whether they have been given it all.:shock:

Section 77 of the CCA is a legal request for a true copy of your credit agreement, this also must include the terms and conditions, and a statement of the account.

Consumer Credit Act 1974 section 77 (1) (a) (b) © and 77 (2).

If you submit a request for the CCA under this section you will have to submit a fee of £1.00.

If a creditor fails to comply with subsection 1 they are not entitled to enforce the agreement and if the default continues for 1 month they are then committing an offence.

If they do no produce the cca within one month they commit an offence

Be aware this only applies to existing accounts and not accounts that have been closed.

The cca request with £1.00 should get you the CCA within 14 days, this will then let you see the information you need to take things further.

If you use this then they must produce the CCA within 14 days or the account can be put into dispute.

Hope this helps out

aa

Hello woodya,

hi / sent for ASAR , came back without credit agreement, sent for cca enclosed £1 no responce , i gave it to FOS they have replied that because BLACK HORSE were not a member of the GISC in 2002 they cannot take it on , FOS asked could i supply further info , but what else . other than where and when , BLACK HORSE also sent some internal paperwork saying they did not have the agreement to check, can anyone help seem to be at a dead end with this please

thanks

Can you supply a bit more information please. I should have asked earlier to be sure you have a case.

1. Was this PPI with a Loan, Credit card?

2. What was the date of the agreement?

3. Is the Loan/Credit card still active? This will enable the correct section of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA 1974) to be cited.

4. Did they keep the £1.00 fee? They should have complied as it is a legal requirement under the CCA 1974 and if they have no agreement as stated and kept the £1.00 then that, I believe, would be unlawful.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello woodya,

Can you supply a bit more information please. I should have asked earlier to be sure you have a case.

1. Was this PPI with a Loan, Credit card?

2. What was the date of the agreement?

3. Is the Loan/Credit card still active? This will enable the correct section of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA 1974) to be cited.

4. Did they keep the £1.00 fee? They should have complied as it is a legal requirement under the CCA 1974 and if they have no agreement as stated and kept the £1.00 then that, I believe, would be unlawful.

aa

hi

the ppi was with a loan , it was taken out 21/07/2008,

i have also paid the loan in full but have an existing loan with them ,they have not returned the postal order for £1 sent for the CCA, they seem really confident that they can get out of paying me back because of the fact they were not a member of the GISC it makes my blood boil knowing they have had my money and will do anything to stop me getting it back, please could you help

thanks

hi

the ppi was with a loan , it was taken out 21/07/2008,

i have also paid the loan in full but have an existing loan with them ,they have not returned the postal order for £1 sent for the CCA, they seem really confident that they can get out of paying me back because of the fact they were not a member of the GISC it makes my blood boil knowing they have had my money and will do anything to stop me getting it back, please could you help

thanks

hi , sorry the date the loan was taken out was 21/07/2002

thanks

Hello Woodya,

As the loan is closed The CCA1974 will not be applicable for a request for a CCA with the £1.00. The SAR though would apply for all data held about you.

I would advise you now to write back a stongly worded letter demanding the repayment of your £1.00.

Then have a look at this link to cobble together a letter claiming non compliance with your SAR.....

Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters

I would also suggest that you inform them that a failure to provide the information and the £1.00 will result in a serious formal complaint to the Information Commissionser Office. Office of Fair Trading and the Financial Ombudsman Service.

My thread has examples of letters of complaint to these organisations with addresses etc.

Other more knowledgeable folks will also no doubt have further advice on this to offer you.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello Woodya,

As the loan is closed The CCA1974 will not be applicable for a request for a CCA with the £1.00. The S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) though would apply for all data held about you.

I would advise you now to write back a stongly worded letter demanding the repayment of your £1.00.

Then have a look at this link to cobble together a letter claiming non compliance with your SAR.....

I would also suggest that you inform them that a failure to provide the information and the £1.00 will result in a serious formal complaint to the Information Commissionser Office. Office of Fair Trading and the Financial Ombudsman Service.

My thread has examples of letters of complaint to these organisations with addresses etc.

Other more knowledgeable folks will also no doubt have further advice on this to offer you.

hi/

what are the implications if they dont have the cca, can anybody help espiecally people who have been invovled with BLACK HORSE LTD

THANKS

Hello Woodya,

As the loan is closed The CCA1974 will not be applicable for a request for a CCA with the £1.00. The S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) though would apply for all data held about you.

Then have a look at this link to cobble together a letter claiming non compliance with your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).....

hi/

what are the implications if they dont have the cca, can anybody help espiecally people who have been invovled with BLACK HORSE LTD

THANKs

hi/ the black horse have now replied saying that they no longer have the agreement, does anybody know what i do next

thanks

Hello Woodya,

Then have a look at this link to cobble together a letter claiming non compliance with your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).....

hi/

THANKs

hi/ the black horse have now replied saying that they no longer have the agreement, does anybody know what i do next

thanks

Hello Woodya.

When was the loan settled the month and year please:-D I do believe they have to retain all data 6 years after the loan was settled, so if you took in out in 2002 and the loan ran for say 3yrs, that would take it to 2005 and therefore they have to retain data to 2011 under the data protection act and the money laundering regulations.

Even if they do not have the credit agreement, do you have enough information from the SAR to ask them to refund it back

Edited by hellhasnofury

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello Woodya.

When was the loan settled the month and year please:-D I do believe they have to retain all data 6 years after the loan was settled, so if you took in out in 2002 and the loan ran for say 3yrs, that would take it to 2005 and therefore they have to retain data to 2011 under the data protection act and the money laundering regulations.

Even if they do not have the credit agreement, do you have enough information from the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to ask them to refund it back

hi/

thanks for helping, there is nothing in the S A R that mentions ppi do you know what i should be looking for,, they have offered no proof that i was sold PPI fairley only to say that i had a cooling off period shortly after the loan was agreed, if they cannot produce the CCA can i go back to them and argue that they have no proof that i was informed about PPI.

THANKS

hi/

thanks for helping, there is nothing in the S A R that mentions ppi do you know what i should be looking for,, they have offered no proof that i was sold PPI fairley only to say that i had a cooling off period shortly after the loan was agreed, if they cannot produce the CCA can i go back to them and argue that they have no proof that i was informed about PPI.

THANKS

hi has anybody dealt with the FLA i was thinking of giving this to them , anybody thoughts much appreciated

thanks

Hi

Sorry I used to be on the PPi forum loads have a court case with Black Horse at the moment loads of other stuff personal and with creditors of my own I apologise for not coming back sooner.

IMHO no CCA no defence about PPI in other words how can they prove you asked or needed PPI in the first place they have no defence.

I got PPI refunded on an account dating back to 1997 that was unactive, also the statute of limitations states that the loan, debt exsists from the last payment on the account so IMHO you need to write to them a letter stating that as they cannot prove that you agreed to PPI you want it back, also that the statute of limatations is from last acknowledgement or payment of debt.

More importantly on what grounds are you reclaiming PPI?

• 3 months later...

hi ,

getting nowhere with FLA they have asked me to give them some information on how the black horse broke its codes of conduct in this complaint , i could do with some help on the details of what to write , black horse or the FLA have still not aknowledged that because they have lost the credit aggreement how can they say i agreed to ppi , any help would be much appreciated

thanks

ps

anybody with any advice please feel free to post

hi/ has anyone won against blackhorse, they seem to be hardcore, this is with the fla now , does anybody know how long they are supposed to keep the CCA for , they have lost mine and i think this is to my advantage , any thoughts

thanks

Hello woodya,

I believe the CCA should be kept for at least 6 years after the last transaction on the account. All the records should be available to you from then.

Search the CAG and you should get all the legal info that applies

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Extracts taken from the FLA Web site and reproduced for the purposes for criticism or review in accordance with the fair dealing exceptions provided by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act

Who is FLA?

FLA is a trade association. Our members are required to follow our code of practice – the Lending Code. We record and monitor all the complaints we receive about our members.

Our members comprise banks, subsidiaries of banks and building societies, the finance arms of leading retailers and manufacturing companies, and a range of independent firms.

In 2007 FLA members did £94.5 billion of new business. £28.8 billion was provided to the business sector... The remaining £65.7 billion was provided to the consumer sector representing almost 30% of all unsecured lending in the UK in 2007.

What is the FLA conciliation procedure?

We will liaise between you and our member in order to resolve your complaint. We will ensure they respond to your concerns and monitor their compliance with the provisions of our Code.

Although we cannot award compensation or make a decision about your complaint, we will continue to work with you until a satisfactory conclusion is achieved or it is more relevant for your complaint to be considered by somebody else.

The FLA is not independent and cannot award compensation.

In skeptical world, we can't see how complaining to the FLA is worthwhile.

We think conciliation only benefits the wrongdoer and tends to waste the time, effort and resolve of the wronged.

We also think it put the wrongdoer on notice of the arguments that might be better present to a Court or the FOS.

In skeptical world, we note the use of the word monitor and how that is something different from enforce or regulate.

We also question how a complaint can be bought to a satisfactory conclusion, if the body hearing the complaint cannot award compensation or make a decision.

In skeptical world, we ask rhetorically, if you were a fox would you complain to the Master of the Hunt about the behaviour of his hounds?

Edited by skeptic

[B]Gamekeeper turned Poacher.[/B] [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]Disclaimer:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]My posts only contain general information and my opinion and they are provided on the sole basis that you will not rely on them. Nothing in them is, or should be considered as, legal advice.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]No warranties, representations or undertakings about any of the content of my posts is given including, but without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]If you require legal advice, you should consult and retain a suitably qualified lawyer.[/COLOR][/SIZE]