Dca And Courts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Does anyone know if a DCA has actually took anyone to court for an alleged mobile phone contract and won?

They seem to do plenty threats. Could anyone clarify if they actually carry out these threats?

I am still disputing this....however they don't seem to listen. Ignore letters and repeatedly keep phoning....which I choose to ignore LOL

All advice and help will be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Scottygal :)

As long as the out goings done exceed the incommings.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Very easy to exaggerate your essential outgoings...;-)

For example - clothes & food are taken into account as essentials, if i spend £100 per month on food, i put down that i spend £150 or £200 :p............and so on with everything else.

In all the county courts ive been through - ive never known 1 to ask me for receipts of all the food i buy :grin:

But f u have to have a special diet u need extra food costs.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thank you very much to all of you.....very much appreciated indeed.

The fools have been calling me on many occasions since Saturday, so could any of you have a look at this letter I have done my best with and let me know if I should add anything else or delete anything please.

HFO Services Limited

PO Box 342

West Byfleet

Surrey

KT14 6YX

7 August 2008

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY YOU CLAIM TO REPRESENT

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir/Madam

Re Account Ref XXXXXXXXXXXX

You contacted me on Saturday 1 August 2008 regarding the above accounts, then again on Tuesday and Wednesday of same week BY TELEPHONE on many occasions. I have already requested on several occasions to contact me only IN WRITING.

The person whom I spoke to was very rude and making frivolous threats to me. No security questions were asked which breaks the data protection act. I am now left with no other option but to take this matter further with the relevant authorities.

I have previously written to you on 3 separate occasions. All my requests to date have been blatantly ignored. Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would like to once AGAIN request the following:

·Copy of your complaints procedure

·Contact in WRITING only.

·True copy deed of assignment

·This dispute to be looked at properly and not ignored

·My telephone number be removed from your database

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above accounts unless you can provide all of the above requests in order to resolve this matter.

Yours faithfully

Just a few things....

True copy of NOTICE of assignment (The deed you will not see...that is a private business document between the original creditor and the DCA)

Make sure you write down all the times and dates they call...if they ignore your requests then complain to the OFT, FOS, TS and your local MP....

Thanks 42, much appreciated. Every letter I have sent them they have blatantly ignored my requests. Should they ignore this 1, I will report them immediately. Should I give them a time to respond by?

I have every date time and duration of calls....even all calls I reject. Would you believe that they called my mobile yesterday and played music to me :D now what is that all about LOL.

Scottygal :)

Sorry for being a pest. If I send HFO an email from a hotmail account ending in @live.co.uk could they trace my ISP address as I am using my works PC :p

Thanks

Hi Scottygal

I can't help with the rest of this, but from a technical perspective, yes it is perfectly possible to trace an IP address from an email if they view the full headers. BUT it is highly unlikely because it takes some technical knowhow and once they've got the IP address - which isn't as easy at it sounds - it could take a lot of digging and research to find out the computer/network to whom it belongs.

I wouldn't stick my neck out and say they won't go to those lengths because this is a DCA we're talking about! But I really really doubt it.

Nobody can prove what you do and do not spend on food. If you are anything like me going food shopping I just get what I fancy at time.....hence my food bill is skyyyyyyyyyyyy hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii LOL