thomson complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

we travelled with Thomsons to a 4* hotel to get married, (6 adults and 2 children age 1 and 3.)

when we arrived at our hotel the rooms we were given were small and dirty (hairs in bath, broken pictures, chipped furniture, torn bedding etc..)

and no bed for the children.

we were given 2 camp beds for the children which were stained torn and dusty.

after complaining for hours to manager and rep, we were told we couldnt change hotel as reservations in the uk were not open, and we could upgrade for 80us per room (3 rooms) per night. eventually upgraded no extra charge, after asking the manager if he would allow his son (picture on his desk) to sleep in the bed? and after taking pictures of empty beer bottles under the deputy managers desk! the upgraded rooms we were given were more of what we expected, but we were placed on the 4th floor with no child locks on door, my 1 year old could unlock and open the door!

all around the hotel there were exposed wires in the fountains and lights. On our wedding day we turned around to find our year old daughter with her fingers stuck in exposed wires from lighting on a tree!

This hotel is classed as a family selection which is why we choose it, yet every picture is from the adult only section of the hotel

we took pictures and sent a complaint to Thomsons recorded delivery, i recently recieved a letter which states they recieved my letter 16days after it was signed for at the office?? We then found out through our local Thomsons that the complaint dept have moved from the address on there website, my letter was forwarded 2wks after it was signed for to there new address by standard delivery and my photos were lost.

i have now wrote another letter, stating they have (had) until mon to respond as they have had the legal 28 days to fully investigate or I will be taking further action.

I have had no reply and dont know what to do next.

Do you think i am entitled to compensation? if so how much should I asked for?

sorry for the long thread

Hello and Welcome, del1.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, hopefully you have taken names of the reps, and taken photos of the hotel all parts you are complaining about it, and ideally have details of other guests at the hotel so you can all complain and use their complaints against them.

• 2 weeks later...

we do have photos, but just wished id took more!!

its been 7 weeks since the 1st letter to Thomsons, and have only just recevied a reply to say they are still investigating.

i have wrote letters to ABTA and trading standards, but suppose i just need to keep waiting for a response from Thomsons.

hi,

ive previously wrote a thread under the title of thomsons complaint. I wrote a complaint to Thomsons which was recieved by them 9 weeks ago, they have sent me a letter to say they were investigating, and then another letter about 3 weeks ago to say they were still investigating, i have wrote to ABTA who have stated that i should recieve a reply shortly, and also to trading standards but due to there back log of work have not done anything yet.

im not sure what my next steps are?? and wonder if it would be small claims court? or should i wait a bit longer??

hope someone can help!!

Threads merged - please don't start multiple threads for the same issue.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi,

we travelled with Thomsons to a 4* hotel to get married, (6 adults and 2 children age 1 and 3.)

when we arrived at our hotel the rooms we were given were small and dirty (hairs in bath, broken pictures, chipped furniture, torn bedding etc..)

and no bed for the children.

we were given 2 camp beds for the children which were stained torn and dusty.

after complaining for hours to manager and rep, we were told we couldnt change hotel as reservations in the uk were not open, and we could upgrade for 80us per room (3 rooms) per night. eventually upgraded no extra charge, after asking the manager if he would allow his son (picture on his desk) to sleep in the bed? and after taking pictures of empty beer bottles under the deputy managers desk! the upgraded rooms we were given were more of what we expected, but we were placed on the 4th floor with no child locks on door, my 1 year old could unlock and open the door!

all around the hotel there were exposed wires in the fountains and lights. On our wedding day we turned around to find our year old daughter with her fingers stuck in exposed wires from lighting on a tree!

This hotel is classed as a family selection which is why we choose it, yet every picture is from the adult only section of the hotel

we took pictures and sent a complaint to Thomsons recorded delivery, i recently recieved a letter which states they recieved my letter 16days after it was signed for at the office?? We then found out through our local Thomsons that the complaint dept have moved from the address on there website, my letter was forwarded 2wks after it was signed for to there new address by standard delivery and my photos were lost.

i have now wrote another letter, stating they have (had) until mon to respond as they have had the legal 28 days to fully investigate or I will be taking further action.

I have had no reply and dont know what to do next.

Do you think i am entitled to compensation? if so how much should I asked for?

sorry for the long thread

Did you book this Online? or in a Thompson Shop? or an independent Shop?

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

hi,

im a thomsons shop.

I was hoping you were going to say that (Things can get so messy if you buy online or through a 3rd Party).

I would have thought that you have a case under the `Sale Of Goods/Services Act` where Goods/Services have been provided which were `Significantly Not As Described`, but I`m sure that one of the Legal`ists on the site will give you a steer on this.

At the end of the day Thomsons Advertised a Product/Service, but you have photographic evidence that shows a different picture to the one painted by them, and along with that, by the simple fact that they moved you to `Upgraded` accomodation is almost a complete admission of guilt by them.

One of the mods on here should be able to steer you towards the next step, which I think will be to file a financial claim against Thomsons online at MoneyClaim, if it were me I would be claiming the full cost of the holiday back, especially given the importance of it all with the Wedding etc, and given the way you were treated it must have ruined the occasion for you totally!!

I would then wait for them to start negotiating a settlement with you, and you will then need to decide How Much is the amount You would be prepared to accept.

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

we recieved a letter from thomsons today apologising for the delayed response, and enclosing a letter from the hotel which says we were upgarded at no extra cost and that the wiring was fixed immediately and the twin beds were changed. and gave us a voucher for 500 to go back to the same hotel before dec next year.

the wires where not fixed immediately we took photos the day we came home.

What twin beds??? we never had twin beds??

and they forget to mention the reason we were upgraded, and the other points we put in our letter.

why would we want to go back to the same hotel??? which cost 400 per room per night x 3 rooms, the 500 voucher is not going to go far.

We booked the holiday through thomsons so surely if they were going to offer us some compensation it should be from thomsons, not directly from the hotel.

• 2 months later...
I was hoping you were going to say that (Things can get so messy if you buy online or through a 3rd Party).

I would have thought that you have a case under the `Sale Of Goods/Services Act` where Goods/Services have been provided which were `Significantly Not As Described`, but I`m sure that one of the Legal`ists on the site will give you a steer on this.

At the end of the day Thomsons Advertised a Product/Service, but you have photographic evidence that shows a different picture to the one painted by them, and along with that, by the simple fact that they moved you to `Upgraded` accomodation is almost a complete admission of guilt by them.

One of the mods on here should be able to steer you towards the next step, which I think will be to file a financial claim against Thomsons online at MoneyClaim, if it were me I would be claiming the full cost of the holiday back, especially given the importance of it all with the Wedding etc, and given the way you were treated it must have ruined the occasion for you totally!!

I would then wait for them to start negotiating a settlement with you, and you will then need to decide How Much is the amount You would be prepared to accept.

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I have a similar tale from tompson and my honeymoon they spoilt in June this year, I want to also start a thread in the appropriate place for myself but dont know how to go about a new thread or where to post it, could you point me in the right direction please please. skeggsy

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

• 7 months later...

Thomson have charged me twice for the same flight i have emailed them at [email protected] about 5 times with no reply I can not find any other email address for there complaints dept. only an address in Manchester or a premion rate phone number, I am in Spain and do not want to phone from here on what will be a very expencive call. doés anyone have an email address for the complaint dept.

Guest Old_andrew2018

If you have trouble with Thomson you could consider starting a thread on the subject