style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all - update!

I have had a phone call from my landlord this afternoon-they say as I have a suspended order it is out of their hands anyway, and basically I have to keep paying the extra money to clear the court costs - no problem as I see it. Or is it?

And the OR should allow extra to repay this in my statement of income/expenditure. I hope this is true, as I have severe trust issues with certain people in Authority.......:confused:Sad but True.....

Thanks Sugar x

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

I am going ahead with my bankrupcy, my mind was definately made up last night after receiving a letter from my L/A(..see thread Bailiffs) I have had people trying to talk me out of it and I can understand their point of views, but to be honest, they are not living like I am trying to at this time. I have been let down by so many people, so many authorities, been told conflicting advice (not on here folks!:)) I cannot fight anymore.

I am scared/confused/angry that I have to go down this road but it really is the only way forward for me. I cannot go on living like this from week to week begging for dogfood for my dog, and even myself. I work 50 hrs a week, struggling and struggling. I need a life, this is existence only. My health is suffering. I go to court in November 12th. Wish me luck, I am petrified, alone and very very scared now.

Hi all

I am going ahead with my bankrupcy, my mind was definately made up last night after receiving a letter from my L/A(..see thread Bailiffs) I have had people trying to talk me out of it and I can understand their point of views, but to be honest, they are not living like I am trying to at this time. I have been let down by so many people, so many authorities, been told conflicting advice (not on here folks!:)) I cannot fight anymore.

I am scared/confused/angry that I have to go down this road but it really is the only way forward for me. I cannot go on living like this from week to week begging for dogfood for my dog, and even myself. I work 50 hrs a week, struggling and struggling. I need a life, this is existence only. My health is suffering. I go to court in November 12th. Wish me luck, I am petrified, alone and very very scared now.

You're doing the right thing :)

Just to wish you good luck Sugarbabe47....I am in the same mess myself and can see me ending up doing the same thing....

The peeps on here are really great and will be always here to help.

I know many peeps who have also gone there and are really doing great and have now got a life!

Good luck.

Awe thanks Littleduck. It means a lot to me to have this support on here.:D

I am of course nervous/scared etc but I am looking forward to having a life....would be nice to be able to save for a washing machine (instead of hand washing my clothes!!! oh and maybe putting my heating on, and maybe buying some food!!!)

I do count my blessings though, at least I have a roof over my head - albeit just...

Sugar x

Hi sugarbabe.

One thing you are not, is alone. You have many people on here rooting for you and supporting you.

It is understandable that you are scared, believe me I was when myself and the wife did the deed last year.

To be honest it really is nothing to worry about, you are in and out of the court room in a matter of mins, then a quick chat with the OR over the phone and you are free from your debts.

I have to say that I was sh*tting bricks at the time of our face to face interview with the OR, but they could not have been more helpful if they had tried, even offered us tea or coffee before we started the interview!!!

All she wanted to know was a rough timescale on how we got ourselves into the mess we were in.

We only served 9 months and were discharged in April of this year. We do have to look after the pennies but we dont owe anything to anyone now, so what we earn is ours. No ipa/ipo so we are free again.

What the future holds for us we dont know, but we are not looking to buy a house or anything like that so thats not a problem. If we need something we have to save for it and yep its a good feeling to put pound notes on the counter when you have just bought something, seems to have more meaning thatn getting that little bit of plastic out.

Did you realise that bankruptcy increases your hieght, you dont have all that weight of debt sitting on your shoulders anymore:) so you grow 6"

Best wishes and hopefully a very good Christmas to you all.

Dont forget that we are all here for you if you need a chat or to bend someones ear or a shoulder to cry on.

Big hugs xxxxx

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

Tau - Many thanks for the kind words. I am s*****ing bricks here, but this has made me more determined than ever never ever to let anyone, even Officials walk over me again. I've had it with all these debts that were racked up by a devious, calculating man and this will wipe the slate clean and wipe him from my life too!! I am even considering now cutting my hours from 50 a week to 30 for the first time in a number of years. I have never had credit in my life till my ex conned me into getting it and look where that got me, so being without credit is not the end of the world - I am alive and can they make me pregnant or kill me??? NO I don't think so, thats my 2 worse case senarios - Thanks all for the advice, I am sure I will be asking more questions before I go to court next week.

Sugar x

hi all - quick question if anyone can assist me please?

As I have had a long battle with a bailiff company and my L/A, do I add ALL my arrears of council tax on my bankrupcy paperwork as a debt? And what happens then re council tax for the rest of the year? I am trying to work out how I am going to pay my bills once I have declared bankrupcy. I have read here that a cagger had over 4k council tax wiped out on bankrupcy.

Thanks Sugar x

do I add ALL my arrears of council tax on my bankrupcy paperwork as a debt?

Yes, you certainly should!

And what happens then re council tax for the rest of the year?

Council tax is 'officially' due at the start of each tax year, the local authorities give folks the right to pay in instalments to make things a little easier. If you breach the agreement the whole year would become due as part of the final demand. This means you need to pay the rest of the whole year at once, by this token you should include the debt in full upon your petition.

Hope that helps!

Hiya - as you can see from the time, I am unable to sleep!!! Go to court in 7 hours to declare bankrupcy, still scared. I have gone over and over all the paperwork all night!!!

I hope it goes well and maybe I will feel different later on today. Since filling in my paperwork I totted up all my debts and was suprised-in comparison to some caggers it seems a pitiful amount, but to me means the difference to eating or not...omg...I wish I could just switch my mind off and sleep....scared of sleeping in now!!!

Well wish me luck and I will post later on today to let you wonderful people how I got on etc. Goodnight. :)

Sugar x

All the best for today. :) I hope it is all going well.

Let us know how it all went if you feel up to it later.

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

:) Hiya all,

Well the deed has been done!! TBH I don't feel any better yet, maybe it hasn't sunk in yet!

I met my wonderful C.A.B Advisor at 09.15am and we went in to the Courts, we waited a matter of minutes then went into a small office. The lady went through all my paperwork and I swore on oath that it was all true, then she took us to wait to see the Judge. I was petrified at this time and was so grateful that my Advisor came with me! I went in to see the Judge after a ten minute wait and was out in less than 2 minutes!!! The judge was a little stern and got my name wrong, but I didn't correct her, I was still petrified. It happened so quickly I was declared B/R at 10.10am. I then was put into the little office to wait for paperwok to be faxed over to O/R and waited to receive a telephone call. I waited a few minutes and had my call and that was it!!! I asked for the CO-OP account to be used for my wages to be paid in and the lady on the phone took details and said that she would fax the bank to allow me to use it.:)

I was told that I do NOT deal with any of my debts but in the event of me receiving any problems/calls from them I was given copies of my B/R paperwork to forward if needed to, with details on.

I will recieve B/R paperwork in the next 7 - 10 days with my appointment for a telephone interview with my O/R and then I was free to go. It was all over by 11.00am!!! I went home and fell into bed as I was up all night worrying.

I am still a little worried as to my car and my home, but I do feel relief that the Bailiffs will not be hounding me anymore, and that my ex is now a thing of the past, all ties now severed!!!!Yehaaaa to that one :D

My C.A.B Advisor was a godsend and he said when we came out,that I was sighing a lot!!! Still shocked that it was so quick!! In hindsight I wish to god that I did this a few years ago now and saved myself all this heartache, worry and stress!!!

Many many thanks to peeps on here for all the help, well wishes etc, I couldn't have done this without this site and once my pennies are sorted I will be sending a regular donation to this wonderful site.

I will be asking more questions if I need to in the knowledge that you peeps in here are so very very helpful. SO a MASSIVE THANK YOU ALL:D

Sugar x x x

Sequenci,

Thanks but what!!!:eek: bailiffs may try it on!!! OMG... don't worry me like this...

I do hope they don't but I am not going to lose sleep over it and if they do I will carry on and fight- and take them to court for all their wrongdoings, illegal levy, illegal charges etc (I have proof!;)) As far as I am aware my case was passed back to L/A,escalated to LGO and now I am bankrupt, I have no money-simple as that!:)

Sugar xxx

hHi Sugarbabe

If the bully boys do come knocking, just give them a copy of the BR order, wouldnt imagine that they will come back knowing that they are going to get diddly squat:)

You may find over the coming months that some DCA's will send you letters saying that they have bought the debt, Its nothing to worry about they are just hoping that they may get some dosh from the OR.

If anyone persists in calling or writing to you, again just point them in the direction of the OR office and they will deal with them for you.

Now you need to sit back and chill out for a while as you have been through a lot in the last few months and you need some time to yourself and kids.

The OR interview sounds quite scary, but in reality all they would normally ask is how you came to be in the situation that you are in.

Be perfectly honest with them and they can be a real firend to you.

Any questions that you have for them, write down before you go as if you are like me you will forget everything you wanted to know.;)

Our interview lasted nearly 3 hours but it actually flew by and we had to go to the OR's office :|

Good luck in your debt free future ;)

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

Sequenci,

Thanks but what!!!:eek: bailiffs may try it on!!! OMG... don't worry me like this...

From what you are telling me it is unlikely to be an issue. For some stupid reason it was written into the Insolvency Act that a bailiff could attempt to levy on council tax until the point of discharge from bankruptcy; it seems that the debt was passed back to the LA so it should all be sorted anyhow.

I'm glad that it's all over with for you. I hope you cna pass on your experiences to other members of our site.

Best wishes,

Seq.

Good evening

:eek: well call me old and daft, but tonight when I opened my post I received 2 letters from 2 companies offering to get my bankrupcy annulled and they both stated how sorry they were that I was bankrupt!!!!! I realise these people assume I own property as they talk about equity etc....well...what has struck me with this is....Do companies pray on people who are at rock bottom to line their pockets?? I am gobsmacked at receiving these letters, and I must admit I felt very offended to receive them...so am I old and daft??? :eek::eek: its getting more and more confusing by the day.....lol...I fully understand that I maybe on the register already for bankrupcy, but I am still in shock here!!!

Sugar x x

Do companies pray on people who are at rock bottom to line their pockets??

Yep. :rolleyes: Says it all doesn't it? :mad:

Everyone gets them. File in your shredder. ;)

I'm glad it all went OK for you. :)

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hiya

Got all my paperwork last night when I got in from work....forms to sign and get witnessed, well I got a shock when I read the paperwork again...I had to get all MY paperwork to the O/R's office by 20th:eek: So I gathered it all up. I was up till 2am and me and my German Shep went for a stroll at 2.20am to post all the stuff back to the O/R.

When I got to work this morning I phoned the O/R's office and explained that I have indeed sent all what they requested of me but that I had only received their paperwork on the 19th?? The lady I spoke to was very helpful and I was petrified that I was going to be in trouble for delayed paperwork. The phone call couldn't have been more pleasant:) Every day I feel a little better, but am worried about my interview next Tuesday morning:( So I will keep you all posted, I hope I can keep my car,thats my only real worry at this time,as I travel to another town to work.

Fingers crossed!

Sugar x x