• Tweets

• If they changed the terms and conditions of the original agreement in respect of which you paid the deposit then yes you can certainly recover it.  Have you tried and have they refused?
    • see post #425 above: I borrowed £s from a completely separate entity 6y ago. It was personal and unsecured. I was going to repay upon sale of the property. But then repo and I couldn't.  Eventually they applied and got a charging order on the property.  Their lawyers wrote that if I didn't repay they may apply for an order for sale ...   could I alternatively ask this separate entity with a c.o to carry out their threat and actually make an application to court for an order for sale v the receiver instead? It would certainly side swipe the lender and receiver if this other entity did this
    • Hi, no problem at all. It's a Vauxhall Grandland X and I can confirm that the service history is not stored in the vehicles computers or online. The vehicle is financed through Black Horse on a PCP. Thanks, Steve
    • Thank you so much for all the information you all have provided! I really appreciate it.  dx I will definitely speak to the TFL prosecutor before the hearing if I can find them to beg for an OCC.    Just to update. At the start of this journey I reached out to many organisations and advice centres but no one responded. However, a few days ago I received an email back from We Are Advocate, that a barrister has volunteered to help me with my case. He said it is his job to get the best possible outcome for me. He suggested I get some character references, which I have done and will be receiving over the course of the next few days.  He also told me: Unfortunately, you WILL be left with a criminal record if you are convicted! You do not stand convicted of the offence  YET. You can only be convicted if a) you plead guilty AT COURT or b) you are FOUND guilty after a trial in open court. So that answers one of our questions.    I have asked him lots of other questions and I'm just waiting for him to reply.  So glad I will not be facing the court alone.    TD
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Paul v Barclays **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to butt in on this thread,but the answer to my question will be of interest to PKea i'm sure...

I have filed my claim with MCOL,barclays have yet to file thier defence,but they have sent me the goodwill gesture letter......

Since filing my claim,barclays have sent me another paid referral,do i still keep adding these charge to my claim,or is it too late?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick update:

Barclays are going to defund (as expected)

So just waiting for their defence to arrive, which should be anytime now.

Does anyone know if any of the footage in Whistleblower can be used?

Love to add the transcript of the guy saying its cost about £1.50 a charge. Do we know his name?

Re Using the Whistleblower information.

I wouldnt bother going to the trouble of getting a copy on DVD.

a) The Judge prob wont have a player set up.

b) Has probably already seen the footage.

c) You will more than likely not enter the court room anyway.

what you could do is copy and paste some of the documented report from here and put it in your bundle..

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Ok, having read another thread, I'm going to give Barclays Solicitor a call this morning and see if they want to settle before i submit my AQ,

Their solicitor is 'Rosemary Treves Brown' but i believe that its just here name on the docs and that one of her minions actually deals with the case.

Anyway I will let you know if I get anywhere..

I spoke to the bank, and their position is that they are settling claims that are due in court within the next two weeks.

He advised me to send in my AQ and the Draft directions and if they are ordered they will get in touch.

Oh well it was worth a try.

I thought I would send Ms Treves Brown a fax just to confirm my telephone number change as well as give them a chance to settle. I would like to give them the option to avoid paying my charges, because i know what its like to keep getting charged..lol.

PKea

69 My Street

My Town

My County

My Postcode

Rosemary Treves Brown

Barclays Legal & Compliance

Level 29

One Church Place

London

E14 5HP

29th March 2007

Re: Mr PKea v BARCLAYS Bank Plc Case: xxxxxxxxx

Dear Ms Treves Brown

With regard to the above case, I enclose a copy of my Allocation Questionnaire, which includes a request for directions, enclosed, to be ordered requesting full disclosure within 14 days. I will be submitting these documents on Saturday 31st March 2007

I will be submitting this early as I will be away till after Easter. I can no longer be contacted on 0161 123 4567, therefore any communication from yourselves must be in writing to the above address. It may be possible to contact me on my mobile, 07805 123456, at certain times.

At present the claim stands at £2545.80 which includes the initial claim (plus interest) the court fees and daily interest which is accruing at 53p per day till settlement. After Saturday 31st March 2007, it will also include the £100 Allocation Fee as well as daily interest running to the court date.

If you wish to contact me to arrange a settlement prior to my Allocation Questionnaire submission, please contact me on 07805 123456.

Yours Faithfully

Mr PKea

PK,

This approach has worked for a few but it wouldnt hold my breath if i were you.

ive got court on apr 13th and barcl STILL wont talk..

Grrrr

good luck

I know it will probably not work, but I also want to let them know that they cant phone me at home (BT have suspended calls, but thats another story) and that they wont be able to phone me at the last minute to settle. Which probably means another trip to court, with the bank not showing (Like i did with Abbey)

I have also decide to add a little bit to my letter as follows:

I spoke earlier today to one of your colleagues regarding the above, who told me to ‘just send it in and we will pay the £100 AQ fee back to you when we settle. We are only settling cases that are due in court within the next two weeks’. I am therefore giving you another chance to settle before additional costs are added to the claim and more of the court systems time is wasted, as it was infered by your colleague that you will settle before the court date. As I am a member of the Consumer Action Group, I do not know of any cases that you have actually been to court to defend.

I will be including this letter in my evidence to show that I have tried to communicate to negotiate an early settelement, and to show the judge that I believe the way you are handling these cases to be ‘An abuse of the court system process’

I will be including this letter in my evidence to show that I have tried to communicate to negotiate an early settelement, and to show the judge that I believe the way you are handling these cases to be ‘An abuse of the court system process’

I like this bit and used it in my letter that i am writing now!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Well, Barlcays didn't want to settle pre AQ so its off to the court today to hand in my AQ along with my request for draft directions to be ordered.

Lets wait and see if the Judge will issue them to Barclays.

;)

looking forward to what comes back from em - Im just waiting for their defence so am a couple of weeks behind you claiming pretty much the same amount (£2.6k) from Barclays! Am gonna try these new directions once I get my AQ from the court. (Just not 100% sure I've still got all the statements still!)

• 2 weeks later...

Well

The Judge didnt order the draft directions, just the usual 'all your evidence 14 days before the hearing (29th June).

The court has allocated 2 blocks of hearings for that day, and it says my case is one of many to be heard.

So it looks like maybe my court knows that the Banks dont turn up so they have given the same time to many people.

Oh well, Ile give Barclays a call in a couple of weeks to see if they want to settle, ha ha, although it will be at the bundle submittance when they will probably settle

Paul

• Haha 1

This is good news for us...Bad news for Barclays..

Barclays, when you read this, cos I know you will LOL

I seriously think your management should consider DOUBLING the staff in your Litigation Department cos this means that now NUMEROUS people are going to be given the same date of hearing which in turn means, as you are settling about a week before the date you are going to be even more swamped with phone calls, emails etc for settlement.

Are you going to be able to handle this demand AND get cleared funds into their accounts before the deadline....ermmmmmmmmm interesting!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

PK - I wouldnt be shy about calling Barclays now - you have a court date next month and I am sure you told me you had a holiday coming up in early June so if that is still on it will be awfully difficult for them to get in touch with you...............

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

Non illegitimi carborundum

I wish I was a glow worm,

A glow worm's never glum!

How can you be grumpy,

when the sun shines out yer bum?! :p

Amex * 2 *** WON *** Settled

Marbles ****WON*** In full settlement

Capital 1 ***WON*** In full settlement

MBNA ***WON**** In full settlement

Barclaycard ***WON*** In full settlement

Barclays Bank - ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mrs Chorlton) ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mr and Mrs C) - MCOL submitted 16/5/07

Hi Chorlton

I'm going to give them a call in the next day or so

I'm just working out all my costs as well, as i will be asking them to pay them as well, and if not i will ask the courts for them.

I am also going to see if they are willing to pay the charges they have issued since the claim started.

Paul

Ok

I am going to give Barclays a call and see if they want to settle before i send in my bundle

I have the Following contact details, just wondered who is the best to contact or should i just ask for the person dealing with my case>

Krysta Campbell 0207 116 4753

A Lombardi 0207 116 5634

Charlie Spalding 0207 116 1944

Any thoughts

Paul

Would call the person dealing with your case - they will transfer you if not but that may just delay things (they arent that good at ringing back!)

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

How can you be grumpy,

and I think its Charlie Sparling not Spalding - he was my contact

How can you be grumpy,

Would call the person dealing with your case - they will transfer you if not but that may just delay things (they arent that good at ringing back!)[/quote]

Ive learn that one, They should change the message on their answerphone to

'Sorry we dont want to take your call and if you leave your details we still wont call you back'

lol

I have also worked out my costs to date, but i think i will just ask to court for that rather then complicate things for Barclays. I'm going to ask them to pay my charges to date since the claim as well, its worth a try

Paul