style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just me smile2.gif

having major issues with this vista thing again

i was getting the above error on trying to log into msn, also i have an icon telling me that my ADSL speed touch modem is not plugged in???

iam using the speedtouch modem and it is plugged in its usb, if it wasnt i wouldnt be here unsure.gif

im getting a strange message when trying system restore too, it says i have too may "secrets" unsure.gif (dunno what thats all about)

i unplugged everything and started again, made sure nothing is blocked in firewall, but its telling me my LAN connection isnt working?

ive tried updating drivers etc and nothing seems to be working at all

anyone have any idea?

thanks in advance

honey x wub.gif

Well someone just logged in as you ......... I saw you pop up about 10 mins ago

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

uninstalled norton with a bit of a fight, and all up and running again now:)

thanks for the help guys xxx

honey x

I wouldn't use Norton Honey, it takes over your machine. Use the free AVG software found on the Grisoft website.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Absolutely what ukaviator said. I immediately removed all traces of norton on a new vista running laptop and now run avg free. works brilliant though avg are now trying to charge private individuals for using it. as an alternatine you could always use Avast antivirus, thats free too with free updates unlike the avg free, updates now require a subscription.

Hope this helps

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Guest forgottenone

Urghh, Norton ... trouble. :D AVG incidentally are currently running a trial on AVG 8.0. But will be ditching soon as it expires. Not paying for something that used to be free. You could also try a website called Majorgeeks ... for any other 'freebies'. ;)

i find majorgeeks fine for small apps :)

managed to "aquire" Kaspersky, peergurdian and NOD32, along with Webroot Spyware Sweeper , so ill see how it goes for now :)

honey x

Guest forgottenone

Used to be good at base and hexidecimal numbers ... a long time ago ... in fact, whilst I found algebra puzzling ... cos I always wanted to know ... 'why did x have to = that?' ... always trying to get at the 'why' not that it simply 'was' ... working out in my head ... was childsplay ... wouldn't have a clue now, though. :D