Warrenty on vivaro - my rights

richr5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5728 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I purchased a vauxhall vivaro (04 plate) on 10th June 08 from a used car dealer, i was told at the time that the van came with a standard 3 month parts and labour warrenty or i had the option to take a extended warrenty. I thought i would just take the 3 month warrenty but since the sale date nothing about any warrenty has come through, dealer said i would get details the week after the sale. Being very busy recently i forgot about it until now. The reason i have remembered is because the van's gearbox has started whinge in 3rd and 4th. It is going into vauxhall for a service and health check on tuesday and i expect this will confirm a problem although the van still drives and changes gear, its just noisy in 3rd and 4th.

The question ive got before i contact the used car dealer is, am i covered since it has been less than 3 months since purchase even though dealer never sent me through any warrenty details?

Thanks

Rich

Yep SOGA will cover defects, but it will depend on what it is, noisy gearbox?

best bet is to take it back to dealer first and make him aware of the problem and see what they say and do. then get it checked by Vauxhall, if there a problem or potential problem you acn then go back to dealer. one step at a time.

Thanks for reply, well i had the van serviced by vauxhall yesterday and they said the gearbox is in need of a rebuild, also the rear pads have less than 10% left on them and need doing straightaway, problem i have is the dealer i bought from isn't local to me, but will ring them and see what they say,

The vivaro (and the nissan primastar and renault whatever its called) are all the same van and are all notorious for the gearbox problem which you describe. Definately chase your dealer to get it rectified, it costs around £1500 min. Other probs with these include high pressure fuel pump and ecu. All mega expensive to repair. Try the rac forum for more info. I looked very closely at these earlier in the year when i needed a new van, nobody had a good word to say for them. Sorry its not better news for you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

I have chased the dealer who is now saying they only cover vans for 28 days, i have taken legal advice from the rac and trading standard office who have adviced me that i am covered under the sale of good act for 6 months. I have had a number of problems since purchase, gearbox, tyres needed changing and rear discs and pads too, i have also found rust underneath the new ply-lining they had put in at the dealers, the van has obvoiusly had something in it to cause it to rust as its only 4 years old, this is going to cost around £500 to put right but i am waiting for a response to my letter to the dealer before i do anything about it. I have suggested returning the van for a refund, will just have to see if they respond.

I have since researched the vivaro and your right when you say that the gearbox is a common problem although i do like them as a van, i rushed into buying it as i needed one quickly, i case i'm paying the penalty for that now. Hopefully i can get something back from them or a refund.