Every little helps!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My employers have just realised that they have been paying us incorrectly for the past 3 years. The have said that they will not have to repay them, but have adjusted all the figures for the past 3 years, and now we 'will' get the correct amount every time we are paid. Ever since our establishment opened, the wages have been incorrect in some way. The pay slips are so complicated that no one understands them, so no one would ever know if, when or where there is an overpayment. We had a letter in November 2005 stating that they have audited the pay received by all employees, and we had received at least 2hrs of additional pay at time & half in error, but that they would not recover it. This was just after we received a pay rise. In July 2007, they found yet another error, again due to a 'miscalculation', as we were paid 3 hrs extra each week instead of 1 1/2 hrs each week and we were offered the choice of repaying it or giving the company back a days holiday. This happened at the same time as we received a pay increase. This year, they have informed us that our pay has been miscalculated for the past 3 years, and although we have not got to repay it as such, we are. I have checked all my pay slips and all my terms & conditions stating my wages, and can see no errors. What can we do?

Hello and Welcome, llesly.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I would informally speak to payroll and explain that you can see no errors in your payslip, and ask them to explain why they consider that you have been overpaid.

If this does not resolve this, you could consider submitting a written grievance about this, but this can sometimes sour your relationship with your employer.

Speak to them informally first.

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

I have submitted a wage query and a written grievance regarding the fact that they have given us no proof, and am awaiting a reply from both. Since being informed of the overpayment, some staff have found that the figures are incorrect anyway and they are being rebriefed! Will they ever get anything right?