• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

I Won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You may get another offer made but it will only be slightly more than the other offer or you may get a phone call from a customer services person. Unless you are very confident and sure about the claim don't engage with them in any conversation. Just say that you don't wish to discuss the matter on the phone. You have made your position clear in your letter and you don't want them to ring again. You may hear nothing. Whatever they do unless they pay the full amount which is as likely as pigs flying file your moneyclaim once the deadline is up.

Good Luck!!

17/5/06 - Halifax -preliminary letter sent

31/5/06 - Halifax - LBA sent

15/6/06 - claim filed

6/7/06 - SETTLED IN FULL £3,306 + £859.95 interest

13/7/06 - Abbey Credit Card - Data Protection Act letter

10/8/06 - Abbey CC Rec £150 gwj £192 oust.

13/8/06 - Abbey CC - prelim letter sent

28/8/06 - Abbey CC - LBA

18/9/06 - Abbey CC - Settled in full - £200 paid

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that.....this is the bit I haven't been looking forward to..the long wait

GeordieBaz:cool:

Halifax DP Letter sent June06

Statements Rec'd 8/7/06

£3330 Charges ...Letter Sent 10/7/06

Reply on 20/7/06 offering £235.00 ermmmm no

LBA Going off 22/7/06...Offered £735...NO !!!!

MCOL Issued 8/8/06

Paid in full £3330 plus interest

Capital One DP Letter off 21/3/07 (Me)

Capital One DP Letter off 21/3/07 (Wife)

Monument DP Letter off 21/3/07 (Me)

Monument DP Letter off 21/3/07 (Wife)

Capital One ---- Paid in full

Capital One (2) --- paid in full

Bit of an update.....I was a bit worried about having no parachute account, but true to all the advice given on here a Nat West Steps account has been opened for me Pretty basic...but it has Debit Card, SO's DD's.....Link Cash Access....So now I feel better !! Role on 8th August.....claim day

:)

Statements Rec'd 8/7/06

MCOL Issued 8/8/06

Nat West cards arrived for parachute account....Isnt it good when you start to look forward tot the post !

Can anyone tell me the rough time scale...only had one offer so far..and LBA runs out in 10 days...am i liable to get another ? And if i file on Moneyclaim on or around the 9th Aug...then how long then ?

Statements Rec'd 8/7/06

MCOL Issued 8/8/06

I had a £237 claim on my halifax credit card account. LBA was ignored. Summons issued. Acknowledgement filled stating they would defend. No defence lodged, but a letter offering to settle in full. Accepted the offer and waited for the cheque. They just paid it directly into my account. So just work throuigh the system and wait for the time to bring the conclusion.

Its WAR

Hi geordiebaz,

They should have my LBA by now as well, but as yet i have only received the complaints leaflet and see you in 4 weeks letter!(before sending the LBA) I am watching the letterbox 24/7 lol

I think the next we should expect is a paltry offer as full and final settlement which should be rejected or accepted a part payment.

Keep me posted-we're about at the same stage

Good luck

Nona:p

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Well all at the same stage, I am waiting too... Claim was ackowledge on the 18th July 2006... and they 'intent do defend' so just playing the waiting game. From what Ive seen on this forum they is it common that they send you an offering letter or do they just silently put the money in the bank...

However, I dont want to keep my hopes up either in the hope that they would pay up as nothing great ever happens to me!!!! Knowing my luck they do turn up in court!!!! :!:

Halifax Total Claim - £2,648.29

June 5th 2006 - Sent prelim letter :?

June 27 2006 - Letter received from Halifax offer of - £407.00 (accepted as a Prelim Payment) :mad:

July 1st 2006 - LBA sent :p

July 14th 2006 - Claim Filed :?

July 19th 2006 - Another offer of £1300 :-x

"Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping."

Keep checking the post AND your account balance! ;)

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Ok...here I am again, and only 5 days before Money Claim. No more word from the Halifax. Am I really surprised ? Still, onwards and upwards.

Capital One demanded £10 for a list of charges on my account, and gladly sent them FOC for my wifes !! Theres consistancy for you !

Strange reply from Monument though. A full pack of photocopied statements sent free withinn a week of request, and a covering letter telling me I couldnt claim anything back, and I agreed to their terms...blah blah blah...I think they know whats coming next..lol

Will keep you all posted. Off on holiday to Ibiza 12 days after the moneyclaim to Halifax ...hope a have a nice surprise to come home too

Statements Rec'd 8/7/06

MCOL Issued 8/8/06

Hi Geordiebaz

I also have heard absolutely nothing from Halifax. Filing MCOL on Monday.

Have a good holiday and hope you hear something very soon:razz:

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Right......still heard nowt from the Halifax. Its time for MCOL...can someone point me in the right direction for step by step procedures to do this ?

It would really be appreciated.

Also, are the Halifax paying out more quickly now ? I noticed some folk are getting paid only a few days after filing moneyclaim..

Statements Rec'd 8/7/06

MCOL Issued 8/8/06

After a great deal of teeth gnashing Money Claaim is done...Checked with the Halifax to clarify HQ address & was put through to a customer services guy. He asked if it was re: a claim and promptly offered me £735.00 in full and final settlement. I accepted, but only as a part/interim payment and the claim would be proceeding...If they think bank charges are fair and legal...then why the hell are they offering fairly large sums as re-payments ? I am now going to battle...wish me luck

Statements Rec'd 8/7/06

MCOL Issued 8/8/06

Checked Money Claim site, and claim is now showing as issued on 8/8/2006. Would anyone care to hazard a guess whether I'll have this money for my hols on 21/8/2006....?

Statements Rec'd 8/7/06

MCOL Issued 8/8/06

Fair chance (better than fat chance, anyway)! ;)

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Checked Money Claim site, and claim is now showing as issued on 8/8/2006. Would anyone care to hazard a guess whether I'll have this money for my hols on 21/8/2006....?

Hi Baz,

my claim is showing as issued on 7/08/06. It would be great if they paid up before my hols too. I'm off on the 25th.

Fingers crossed for both of us:p

Nona

Still showing as "Issued"....getting jumpy now. What's the bet I'm the bloody test case, and have to go to court ? Just my luck...

Statements Rec'd 8/7/06

MCOL Issued 8/8/06

Hi Baz,

I reckon I'll be the test case so you can relax!

Halifax have acknowledged on 08/08-i think you are a day behind me so expect yours tomoz

Fingers(and everything else!)crossed

Nona

test case?? why is everyone so jumpy?? Am I gonna be the test case? why should we be the test case? has something changed?? are we not happy with charges but just not these high ones?? stop freekin me out :eek: lol :grin:

:eek:

05-01-06 prelim sent

14-06-06 LBA 1 Sent (claim for 1 yr)

21-06-06 Offer recieved for £312

31-07-06 recieved 6yrs statements

31-07-06 LBA 2 sent (Request £1,611)

14-8-06 Money Claim submitted
:D

15-8-06 Issued

23-8-06 Aknowledged

24-8-06 Offer for £650

30th - 8 - 06 PAID IN FULL!!!!!!!!
:D

Shaz n dave vs Barclays :smile:

26-7-06 Prelim letter sent (Request £1,585)

2-8-06 Confirmation that pre lim recieved, been passed to relavent dept!!!?

10-8-06 LBA sent (request as above)

18-8-06 £720 offered - (accepted as a partial settlement to full claim)

4-9-06 MCOL - LETS GO!!

My Little Bruv vs Lloyds:-x

9-8-06 Pre-lim sent (Request £295)

16-8-06 received letter (sorry... will be passed to ..... blah blah)

23-8-06 LBA sent

LOL....sorry David !!

Test Cases ? More like Basket Cases

Baz

Statements Rec'd 8/7/06

MCOL Issued 8/8/06

Filed MCOL on 8th Aug

Showing as issued..

MCOL now showing as acknowledged on 11th August after 4.00 pm

Letter from the court, with attached acknowledgment, saying the Halifax intend to defend !!

Oh God, I think I have invented Y Front Nappies !

Please, I need re-assurance that this is standard. Say nice words people, even if you dont mean them .lol

Baz

Statements Rec'd 8/7/06

MCOL Issued 8/8/06

Baz,

Keep the faith!

If it worked for me it'll work for anybody LOL!

I'm off on hols tomoz so may not hear your good news until next week, but remember to keep me posted.

Nona x

Well...its now the 17th Aug & still no sign of any money....I am now starting to get nervous....I also have very worn keys on my phone keypad...the worn ones are

08457203040......ring any bells (pardon the pun)

Baz :evil:

Statements Rec'd 8/7/06

MCOL Issued 8/8/06

Yeah, wears my credit out too!:Cry:

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976