Windsor Smyth & Partners

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I found this website having done a search for the above named company.

I hope someone can help me or proivde some advice.

It seems that out of the blue i have received two letters from this company one charging me £900 and another for £2200 dating back from offences in 2005.

Upto now i have never received any letter from anyone about such offences and now being demanded to give them this money for offences i don't even know about.

I tried calling the naional call rate number they give which simply diverts to an O2 voicemail. And the address for this company is a PO Box number, which leads me to believe it may be a [problem] and one i should avoid.

Can someone tell me what the best course of action is. Should i write to them and ask for evidence of these charges. I don't plan on paying them at all as i don't think i have any outstanding tickets especially from such a long time ago.

Thanks

No do not write and stop phoning them.

lets assess whats what first.

tell us more about these 'offences' as this mob calls them.

better yet post up links to pictures of their letters - suitably washed of your personal details.

and yes we do know them. be very circumspect. they have been known to send faked court papers. keep everything they send you.

If these were council you would have had a collection order via the TEC - not this rubbish from these low lifes.

and they both refer to the exact same 'offense' ? your first post indicates multiple 'claims'.

It would be good to see how they document the two different amounts - both totally outrageous by the looks of things.

Ok I have scanned both documents in now but i can't seem to create the link here because i haven't posted enough.

If you give me your email addresses i can send the letter to you.

Alternatively, if you type in the following address without spaces it should work also.

h t t p : / / w w w . txtbase . c o . u k / backup / Fullprint.pdf

nice link..

I would be tempted to call the police if I got those.

two different 'debts' - in the absence of a credit agreement or a judgement there can be no debt. No reference to who is claiming the debt.

Pure [problem] written all over it.

they are offering to accept installments which means the Credit Services Agency will be interested so complain to the CSA.

Looks like a breach of the business names act, well lots of acts really.

make a subject Access request to them if you feel like - when they refuse (or not) go to the the ICO.

and what do you know its OPC at the back of this. Windsor Smythe and OPC somewhat synonymous. google will show.

For sure I wouldn't waste a letter of a phone call on them stamp, not with so many bodies to complain to.

Outrageous stuff.

stand by for their next letter (despite the two Final Letters you already have) and see its if faked up court papers. lets hope so ! :) :)

I don't recall seeing any other letters on these sites quite such nonsense as these efforts. The "Final Letter" says pay us loads of dosh or else. Does not say anything about any entitlement or dispute or previous history, just appears to demand money with menaces. Given the paucity of information there is no way it can qualify as a letter before action.

As Lamma says, see what comes next. If it is fake court papers I've a funny feeling that lamma will know exactly what to advise to acheive the greatest effect.

Spent 10 minutes googling prior to replying. Several postings both here and on pepipoo link Windsor Smyth and OPC. Windsor Smyth do not appear to have an independant identity away from OPC. The sole indication that OPC are at the back of this too is the "Debtor Reference" on the top left hand side of the letters OPC1011086 & OPC1010425.

There is a very long running thread about OPC on this forum here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/71953-opc-private-parking-tickets.html

Should the OP require reassurance, and has sufficient time and patience, a scan through demonstrates that OPC threaten lots but don't actually do anything. The same is equally true of their lap dogs windsor smyth.

thank you very much for your replies. I was initially worried when i got the letters but i will think nothing of them for now and just keep them as evidence for future reference should the need arise.

I'll let you guys know if after 14 days i receive anything else. Don't know what i would have done without you guys.

Thanks

Hummy

Just noticed something else:

Both letters from "Windsor Smyth" are marked up "Without Prejudice". As if we needed any more evidence that these jokers are intellectually challenged, they come up with this half baked legal nonsense. Won't bore with the details, do a google if interested, but "Without Prejudice" clearly means something different to Windsor Smyth - it shows that they can't even spell Solisitter never mind R one.

Edited by Barnsley Boy
typo

I would write a formal complaint to the CSA now including photocopies of these letters. the CSA (and the OFT) site has much useful information and guidance.. :)

Have a look and if stuck post back here

fake court papers - I wish !

Hi.

Ok will investigate the CSO and OFT sites in more detail and submit a letter. I'll post the letter up here.

The other thing i just noticed now although i don't know if there is anything in it, is the 0870 tel number has a star beside it. But no where in the documents i've recieved is there any small print to indicate what the star refers too.

The other side of the page is blank.

Thank you all for warning me about this and i'll check out the CSA and OFT websites to see how i proceed further.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hey,

I received a parking ticket from OPC back in April 2009. I was parked correctly within the marked bay and had an OPC permit on display (I was temping for a company and was parked in their carpark). I immediately contacted the building manager who contacted OPC but still received letters demanding money. I explained the situation to OPC, they denied that I had a visable permit and so I asked for photographic evidence.

I heard nothing until 18th September when I received a letter from Windsor-Smythe who are threatening legal action.

It's a standard letter, stating that the company will be taking legal action by 9th October if I don't make a payment for £163. There's no email address but there IS a letter attatched asking for my credit/debit card details. It even asks for the security number. There's no way in HELL I'd supplying them with these kinds of details via post even if I was considering paying.

Anyway, I've tried phoning several times over the course of the last 6 weeks and have continually hit an answerphone. To begin with the message said the offices were closed until the 5th October (they didn't bother changing the message until 16th) and now it just says there is no one available. I've left a message twice but no one has got back to me.

I'm not really sure where to go from here. I still have the permit for the parking bay (the building manager very kindly said I could keep it in case there were problems with OPC) but I'm concerned about just ignoring the letter.

Thanks, Fran

Stop ringing them!

Do not write to them

Do not reply to any of their letters

Do ot pay them

There is only one course of action that will lead to success, and that is to completely ignore anything and everything from them.

Hey,

I received a parking ticket from OPC back in April 2009. I was parked correctly within the marked bay and had an OPC permit on display (I was temping for a company and was parked in their carpark). I immediately contacted the building manager who contacted OPC but still received letters demanding money. I explained the situation to OPC, they denied that I had a visable permit and so I asked for photographic evidence.

I heard nothing until 18th September when I received a letter from Windsor-Smythe who are threatening legal action.

It's a standard letter, stating that the company will be taking legal action by 9th October if I don't make a payment for £163. There's no email address but there IS a letter attatched asking for my credit/debit card details. It even asks for the security number. There's no way in HELL I'd supplying them with these kinds of details via post even if I was considering paying.

Anyway, I've tried phoning several times over the course of the last 6 weeks and have continually hit an answerphone. To begin with the message said the offices were closed until the 5th October (they didn't bother changing the message until 16th) and now it just says there is no one available. I've left a message twice but no one has got back to me.

I'm not really sure where to go from here. I still have the permit for the parking bay (the building manager very kindly said I could keep it in case there were problems with OPC) but I'm concerned about just ignoring the letter.

Thanks, Fran

Hi there. Relax. OPC are just your typical PPC running a familar mail based [problem]. As Crem states- IGNORE! You will recieve a few threatograms detailing all sorts of rubbish. Stand firm and they will disappear :D