Interest Charged by DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HELP NEEDED

Would someone be able to help me with this please.

A DCA has provided a CCA which is forceable :-x. Now the original agreement was on interest free credit. Does this mean the DCA cannot add interest to the debt or is that just wishful thinking on my behalf. I have agreed a monthly fee (I told them what I could afford to pay) but do not want to incur massive interest charges. :confused:

Please HELP if you can.

THANKS

Fight the injustice's of life with joy in your heart and abandon bitterness as it will destroy YOUR soul. Just at the foot, of a very steep learning curve. ;)

I don't think so!

Once the account is defaulted, unless there are some specific terms in the T & C, then no interest should be added, unless they proceed to County Court, and then they can claim 8%pa under the County Court rules.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Hi rippedoffagain, did you mean they can't add interest because the original agreement was for Interest Free. :confused:

Fight the injustice's of life with joy in your heart and abandon bitterness as it will destroy YOUR soul. Just at the foot, of a very steep learning curve. ;)

If it is under the CCA they can't add interest after judgement unless the agreement specifically states this. They can only charge interest @ 8% from the date of issue to the date of judgement in this case as I understand it.

Hi rippedoffagain, did you mean they can't add interest because the original agreement was for Interest Free. :confused:

No, any agreement. Once they cancel an agreement, then they simply don't have your "agreement" to charge interest. ( I would be surprised if the interest free agreement, didn't have a clause allowing interest to be charged in certain circumstances. For example it is common to allow say one year free, but if it is not settled in full, on time, then interest will be charged for the whole of that year).

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Thanks Guys. It has not been to court so no judgement. From what you are saying this means no interest can be charged. Big thanks. this is a big worry off my mind. I was posting this while you posted. So they can add interest then?