Karen V Littlewoods Direct

Karen22382

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent SAR on 25th July 2008.

Today I noticed that the cheque had been cashed and added as a payment to my account.......now I am £10 in credit as this account was paid off ages ago.

Does that mean they didn't even read the letter?

Should I call them or just wait till 40 days over?

Karen

You could call them to make sure they understood the payment was for your SAR.

I have seen a few companies do this by mistake. Regardless of when they cashed the payment, make sure you count your 40 days as the day they received the SAR.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thankyou, I have done as suggested and called them. The guy sounded confused as to what a SAR was and went away to come back and say "but your account is clear" (in a way that questioned why I owuld want info from the account, obviously a new kid who does not know about the reclaiming process). Finally he said he would put a note on the account for it to be chased up and someone will be in contact.

You don't need to talk to them again now. Just carry on counting your 40 days. Let us know as soon as you get them.

obviously a new kid who does not know about the reclaiming process

Bless, that won't last long. :D

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

Received letter saying something along the lines of:

"in response to your request........there has been £49 worth of charges put on this account since august 2008"

Erm...firstly that is NOT what i asked for, secondly there is far more than that and thirdly why would they put charges on the account SINCE AUG 2008 when the account has been clear for months!!

They have not understood what I asked and have only mentioned a few of the charges and got the dates wrong!

Am going away tomoro but will get a letter to them when I return. What a farce this company is!

As annoying as they are, just keep counting your days. Go off and enjoy your holiday. This will all be here when you get back. Have fun. :D

F&Q's... Read here

Using the years worth of statements on their site I worked out that there were £49 in charges since Aug 2007, tho the account was only in use for 4 months during this period so thats alot! But, the account was open and incuring charges for years prior to this.

Before I went to the lakes I sent them an email telling them of their error and when I returned they have sentme an email saying they are onto it and a letter to say they are collating the information.

Now, just to watch the post.

Ok, a SAR, phone call and email later and they have sent me.....a letter listing the charges on the account since aug 07! Again! This time with a breakdown of charges which I was already aware of (from statements available of the internet) and not going back for the requested period that the account was open.

Am so annoyed with them but guess I shall contact them again and tell tham AGAIN that I want the information from when the account was opened or the last 6 years, whichever is longest.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Karen

• 3 weeks later...

If your 40 days are up - i.e. since Littlewoods cashed your cheque, then its time to get the Information Commissioner involved - by all means send Littlewoods a letter stating that their failure to comply with your request for data (your SAR) has resulted in a breach of the Data Protection Act.

Make sure your letter is aimed at the "Data Controller" for Littlewoods.

I would be getting the IC involved now, as that will add wieght at least to any case you may bring against them.

I sent another email regarding this matter (I know its not the normal protocol but am saving letters on this one for post-statemtnts arriving) explaining my annoyance at their slow and confused state and clearly stating what information I requested.

Received a reply explaining that individual statments would be charged at £4.50 each and would I be ok in this. This infuriatated me more so I sent another email reminding them of the £10 cheque, what I had actually requested and that there time was up yet I was still giving them time! It may have come accross as rather snotty, lol.

Then on the same day I rceived all the information so felt a little quilty, lol. Have now gone through them and found that I am owed around £150. Will start letter writing in the next few days.

Brilliant, and if it gets to filing at court you can add the interest on aswell. ;)

F&Q's... Read here

You have?? Oooh i will have to go see your thread. :D

F&Q's... Read here