1st Credit Ignoring My Letters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've posted on here before with regards to dealing with 1st Credit. Basically, I had a loan with Citifinancial, which I defaulted on and was passed to 1st Credit. The loan was PAID off, however upon checking my credit report Citi was still on there with an outstanding balance, and 1st Credit was also on there, showing as satisfied. Both were at status Defaulted.

I contacted Citi immediately, who couldn't apologise enough and deleted their entry entirely from my record. However, 1st Credit is still on there. I have queried their ability to place an entry on my credit record. Experian aren't particularlu helpful.

Anyway, after taking advise from several people on this forum (thanks guys, big style) I started to write letters to 1st Credit asking for relevant paperwork that allows them to place such an entry. I received a letter back telling me this could take 6-8 weeks AT LEAST. Well this time has long passed, and further letters to them now are being ignored totally.

Can ANYBODY advise me on the possibility of getting this default removed, since they can't produce the relevant paperwork? I've followed the templates that have been placed on this forum, but now that they've ceased contact I'm stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

send it again with an invoice, saying that each time you write demanding their attention at least once a week (until they respond) it will cost them £28 and failure to pay will result in their details being passed to a Debt collection agency :D

U owe me a new monitor.

Anyway i suggest u rite to them advising that ingorance will not make this matter go away ans as they have not got u your reguest documentation you have added £28 for letter you have to write to them and £28 for each previous letter u have had to rite. That should get there attention.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I can do that?! Really?! Or am I just being dumb?

These guys have been a constant source of worry for me. They're rude, unhelpful, ignorant - payback would be awesome!

you can but if they pay u its another matter.

U can also threaten them with court action for the documents and they know what will happen there.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

dont worry we have all been there until we found cag now we are rich.

• 1 month later...

It's been a long time since any action - I contacted Experian and asked them to investigate it, stating that 1st Credit had not provided a CCA (still hasn't) and were now ignoring all correspondence from me.

Experian looked into it, placing a comment on my Credit Report saying it was being investigated. It took a month or so for them to reply (which is today), saying that 1st Credit had now amended the address on the entry to my PREVIOUS address (which is where I was living when I took the loan out), but now it also has an outstanding balance! I have confirmation from them (in writing) that there IS no outstanding balance, since 1st's original response to my CCA letter was a request to pay off the balance. This amount is (supposedly) what they dropped off the balance to allow me to pay it off.

Experian haven't even queried this. Citifinancial, who I originally took the loan out with, made a similar mistake of leaving the outstanding balance in full on my report. When I pulled them up on it, they removed it sharpish.

Can anybody advise me on a next step? I still haven't received my CCA from 1st, and last I heard the legislation about companies not providing this within 12 + 2 was no longer legal.

My ultimate goal (if AT ALL POSSIBLE) is to get this default removed. I've had enough of messing around with this people. They are causing me no end of sleepless nights and grief.

Thanks in advance.

Ha ha. How about threatening them with legal action? Could I use the fact they've put inaccurate information about me (the outstanding balance) as leverage? I'm starting to resign myself to the fact it's gonna be there for the whole six years.

Thanks for such a quick response.

• 1 month later...

This is still going, guys. I've contacted Experian AGAIN asking them to chase this up. Another letter to 1st Credit has gone unanswered. Can anyone offer me a straight yes or no to this, because I'm really starting to feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle and I should just lay down and die until the six years are up.

If 1st Credit can't provide any paperwork whatsoever (which they haven't done do far) with regards to Citi's entry or their own, can I get it removed? Do they have to remove it if they can't prove it? Bearing in mind I've settled the debt totally.

Thanks

The intellectual who writes the letters for worst Credit is off sick and has locked his crayons up so thats why you have had no reply yet. To compound the problem the only person who can read at Reigate has went off in a huff when someone else coloured in all the pictures in his new book.

Write to their local MP, pointing out that they have a rogue firm operating in their area - that might kick start some action into the Reigate rogues... I used to know Reigate fairly well but haven't been there in years, there was a nice park there (still is apparently).

You should now send the Information Commissioners office copies of the correspondence, if the Original Creditor has removed the inaccurate info then all their lackeys should do so too..

A 7 day notice of legal action should go to them (posted second class and held back for three days) so they get it after the 7 days - after all its what THEY do - isn't it?