me v creation

everton2005
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Scrap my previous ramblings.....Have you actually been issued with an official default notice from Creation? They have now passed this account on to a DCA which they cannot do......:rolleyes:

Send this letter off to Clarity:

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Your Reference:

Client reference:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to you, as it is in dispute with ***OC*** and has been since ***Date***

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

As ***OC*** is now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Office of Fair Trading Collection Guidelines and s10 Data Protection Act request, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default, enforcement action is NOT permitted; under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law. Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to ***OC*** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as ***DCA*** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If ***DCA***chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

Yours faithfully

Print do not sign your name

Edited by clemma
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there :)

I have been dealing with these bozos for over 2 years now, having had exactly the same document sent to me as you have - which is an application form and NOT a credit agreement.

I wrote informing them of this and they did their best to get round it, sending me endless copies of the same form which was barely legible, and I kept writing back and telling them to foxtrot oscar.

They then gave up and passed the alleged debt to Newman & Co in 1997 - who in turn had no agreement (no surprise there really as there isn't one :p) so they were also told to foxtrot oscar...

and it then got sent to Drydens. Drydens got very snotty and threatened me with legal proceedings but I stood firm and used some great templates and helpful advice from peeps on here and got rid of them as well - same reason - no "properly executed agreement" - only an application form. I took great delight in explaining to them the requirements of the CCA because as a firm of Solicitors they knew sod all! :rolleyes: Strangely it then all went quiet!

I am now dealing with some pond life called WMD (West Midland Debt Collections Ltd) who are absolutely full of sh... They have informed me they are "obtaining the agreement" and will send it to me next week....and they said the same thing about 6 weeks back pmsl....

...I won't be holding my breath!

They obviously fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on their way down but bless them for trying :D

So don't let any of them upset or worry you - just keep a file of the rainforest's worth of cr*p you get sent, and copies of your replies. Don't be tempted to speak to any of them on the phone though as they love to try to intimidate you if they get you on the phone. Hope this helps.

I'll watch your thread to see what happens next.

Best wishes

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

• 4 weeks later...

I got one of those letters (and application form) as well :rolleyes:

I even have proof by recorded delivery track & trace that creation received and signed for my dispute letter - and even had a letter BACK from creation saying that they disagreed with my dispute letter (copies of which I have sent to WMD) - but WMD still insist there is no record :p:p

I am just ignoring all they send now - and not wasting time or effort on them. They are utter pratts!

Love SG x

• Haha 1

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

• 2 months later...

:)LOL Everton2005 .....I've got one of these exact same letters too !!! :razz:

I love the bit : "be assured we have every intention of pursuing you for this debt"

I was going to write back and state "and you can be assured I have every intention of ignoring all the utter cr*p you write"

........but I don't see why I should waste the stamp money .......!!!

Love SG x

• 3 weeks later...