• Tweets

• The funds were taken by eBay, rather than Paypal.  I presume Paypal collects the funds from eBay, and so eBay then sting me for the money.   But either way, before this money was taken from my account, my eBay account balance showed as -£85.  Yes, my bank account has been debited by this amount. eBay say that they are completely removed from the chargeback process, because it is carried out by the buyer's financial institution.  So, conveniently, they cannot help, other than by refunding the chargeback fee of £14. 
    • Perfect, thanks for the detailed response. Once question, do you know how long it takes for the breathing space to get applied? Say for example I have payments due in 4 days and I apply today how does that work? Also, sorry for sounding stupid but what do you mean by default once the breathing space is in place? I mean what does "Default" mean.  After the breathing space is over and I wanted more time, what would happen? I can and will afford the payments after a few months but I just need that breather to sort some stuff out, as I have said I have never missed a payment. Sorry for the many replies but after doing a quick search, correct me if i am wrong. If it then does go into default and it goes to a collection agency am I right in saying they will send many letters and they may consider a claim? and I should only response if an official MoneyClaim is made? Also, If it does go into default does this severely affect my credit score? or will this only be in the case if a CCJ is applied.
    • there isn't one yet use the default mentioned already there. that covers all 3 debts as i assume the PAPLOC is for all 3 debts? dx  
    • a chargeback via a paypal account used in an ebay sale doesn't usually result in funds being sucked from your bank account,  just that you attain a paypal negative balance. as you saying the money was taken by paypal from your bank account without you authorising this? or is it directly the buyers name that is shown? regarding the chargeback but either way you bank account HAS been debited? dx  
    • what solicitor is the PAPLOC from? then just search xxxx snotty letter dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

HSBC at it again!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in the process of being take to court by HSBC regarding a credit card.

I sent them a letter regarding an improperly served default notice and they claim in their response that:

"There is NO legal requirement to keep copies of default notices" and "It is a legal assumption that once a letter is posted it will be recieved"

I also question data recorded on my credit file because even though they claim that I defaulted in july 2007 they only put the entry on my file this month, yes a staggaring 12 months later. If that was not bad enough when they recorded the data on my credit file they filed it as defaulted in Jan 2008!!!

Their letter offers appologies and states that they have amended the information.

Could anyone offer advice on the above??

Thanks

Not sure on this but i'm thinking they need a true copy of the agreement and copy of the default notice before a court is entitled to enforce it

if the default notice that was served improperly then the court cannot enforce the agreement but their is case law on this and it has been on seen on some threads on this site

Thanks Helios, I have sent a request under CPR Part 18 to there sols. That should pull everything out of the woodwork. They are just chancing it I think but I can add all of their idiotic responses to my file and produce if necessary in court.

Any other thoughts much appreciated!!

HSBC regularly demonstrate a level of both ignorance and incompetence which makes me wonder why I ever trusted them with my money.

At the moment, it seems that they are desperate to rake in as much money as possible to try to offset the effects of their irresponsible lending and foolish investment in the US sub-prime market. Complying with their obligations under the law and various codes does not appear to be a priority for them. I have had several long-running battles with them, and even when it is very clear that they have no hope of success whetever, they struggle impotently on, waving their flaccid willies (in the form of threat-o-grams), at regular intervals. I now ignore them, and just file away the monthly 'pay-us-or-the-sky-will-fall-in' missive.

For all their threats, and all their pompous letters declaring that their paperwork was in order and enforceable, they have singularly failed to exercise their right to go to court. Funny, that.

Thanks SP

I am off to court, I have had their papers and done my AOS. I have sent their sols a CPR Part18 request and we will see what they come back with. I am also penning 2 defenses depending upon what I recieve from their sols.

The stupid thing about this default thing is that it only appeared on my files when they were about to serve papers?? Something fishy here me thinks!!

Then they send me some internal papers by way of a default notice substitute which has my old address on it!!

They are just a bunch of incompetant fools!!

I sent them a letter regarding an improperly served default notice.....

Hi FN

Would I be correct in assuming that they have actually sent you a DN (improperly served or not)?

If so, it might be worthwhile scanning and posting it here (remove your personal details, but leave dates etc) for further perusal by CAGgers, as HFC/HSBC are well known for issuing invalid DNs. ;)

If this is the case with yours, then to use pt2537's famous words, it could be game over for them!

Good luck

Rob

One thing i have noticed with a few who had claims issued by HSBC, their pet solicitors send back an standard letter stating they have no intention of replying to your CPR Part 18 which is very silly of them

Their is case law regarding improperly default notices, its recissan of contract

Thanks Helios,

Very interesting, I can't see how a court would their claim seriously if they failed to respond the CPR Part18.

Like many other financial organisations they seem to think that they are outside the law and can still play by their own rules!!

Bring on the court case!!!

The response from DG Sols to my CPR 18 request reads as follows:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HSBC Bank plc - v - yourself

Northampton (CPC?CCBC) County Court

We respond to your letter dated xxxxxx within which you request information under cpr 18.

In respect of the information requested within your letter, we confirm we have requested the following documents from our client and will forward the same to you once we are in reciept.

1 - Copy of the credit agreement together with the terms and conditions applied to the account at the time the account was opened.

2 - True copies of any default notice sent in respect of credit card number xxxxxxxx together with statements going back 6 years.

In relation to the other documentation which you have requested within your letter, we consider that those items are disproportionate to the claim as it stands.

In order to establish whether or not the additional documents requested within your letter are reasonable and relevant to the proceedings, we would be grateful if you could advise what issues the requested documentation are relevant to and each head which it falls within.

We look forward to recieving your response by 18 Aug 2008.

In the meantime we confirm that a request for judgment has not been made. Upon reciept of the documentation from our client, we will forward the same to you and then provide a further 14 days for you to file your defence.

Yours faithfully

DG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my questions:

1 - They claim to have requested the information which I have already requested and their client has failed to provide. However, if they were preparing a court case wouldn't their precious client have given them this info first rather than sending them on a fools errand?

2 - Can they decide under a cpr part 18 request that they consider the information i request to be disproportionate?

3 - Should I respond to them? If so any ideas what I should send them?

Thanks all

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have also received a letter from dg sols with request for the same info as yours.

they have sent me their docs which they want to rely in in court which include

1 a letter addressed to MR A sample of sampletown!! re change of conditions from budget card to credit card.

2 a microfische copy of a precontractual application form as a regulated cca agreement with no prescribed terms. not even a bank signature.

3 A template of a defult notice with no name, address, date of any personal details and full of computer jargon which should have been edited out and because of this it makes no sense.

4 statements up to six years ago. not since the account has been opened.

they maintain that they need not provide anything else as it is not needed for court case!

they also ignored my cca request and filed a claim in northhampton four weeks after. i can prove by reg. post that they received it!!!

this is a farce!

i am considering claiming damages for stress and distress and defamation of charactor under the harrasment act 1997 and others!!! ( if possible)

i am going to make life as difficult as i can for them!!

willow