Red Routes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know if Red Routes are in action over the weekend or are they 24/7 ? I was parked briefly in Commercial Road, London to pick up friends and booked at 1240am on a Saturday morning. No question I was on the Red lines but I hadn't noticed it.

I would be grateful for any help anyone can give.

thanks

JC

I always thought the double red lines were "at any time" and the single were "as time plates". But you still need to watch the clearways which have no lines.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

No question I was on the Red lines but I hadn't noticed it.

They are but the OP didn't mention how many lines there was

I took the clue from the use of the plural (ie more than one). But it could have been a typo or poor English!

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

B the B, no typo and not poor English! Just seriously hacked off and being done but at almost 1am in the morning. I wasn't looking, I just assumed there were double lines. I shall go the area today and check the signs.

Bernie the B, I've just been down to look at the spot where I parked. There are double red lines where I stopped. About 30 feet before that spot, there is a sign, Red Route, No stopping Mon - Sat 7am to 7pm and underneath that excpet 10am to 4pm no return etc.

As I have mentioned before, I got a camera pcn at 12.40am,

I asked a warden close by for her opinion and she said, double reds and your are stuffed regardless, not literally, but if that's the case what's the point of putting time limits.

Any ideas?

best

Jez

Bernie the B, I've just been down to look at the spot where I parked. There are double red lines where I stopped. About 30 feet before that spot, there is a sign, Red Route, No stopping Mon - Sat 7am to 7pm and underneath that excpet 10am to 4pm no return etc.

As I have mentioned before, I got a camera pcn at 12.40am,

I asked a warden close by for her opinion and she said, double reds and your are stuffed regardless, not literally, but if that's the case what's the point of putting time limits.

Any ideas?

best

Jez

The 'no return' bit makes it sound like a sign for a bay, were you in a bay?

The 'no return' bit makes it sound like a sign for a bay, were you in a bay?

And the first bit sounds like a single rather than a double!

Any way you can take and post pictures of the location showing lines and signs. You just may have a case for inadequate signage.

Bernie I did take a pic but was disallowed to post as I think it said I hadn't posted 5 times! Anyway there are 2 red lines at the point I stopped and no bays in sight at all.

I'll send you this and than try and post a pic!

Thanks for your help

I would appeal.

You were parked for less than 1 hour between the specified times at a place where it is clearly signed that you may do so. Send them a copy of your picture.

Bernie, This might help. And the lower pic is taken at the head of a cul de sac and I had stopped further up on the left but you can see half of the Red Route sign from the first pic.

It seems logical that if I stopped outside the prescribed hours then it should be OK? But then logic probably isn't appropriate!

sg1ug5.jpg

f27nzb.jpg

The lower pic is what I would expect to see for a single red line.

As is the top part of the top picture.

However I note that the hours of permitted parking tie in with the hours the bus lane is not in operation .

The bottom part of the sign in the picture in the top photo is what I would expect to see adjacent to a red bay marked on the road.

Neither sign seems appropriate for a DRL.