Personal debt - money owed to me

Mr&MrsL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I hope that I am posting this in the right section.

I am owed £400 by someone I considered a friend, for goods they purchased from me (and have used). For a month now they have been giving me the run around and claiming that they haven't been paid by their employer (apparently since March?) and each time a promise is made to update me, it is broken so I have had enough now.

Yesterday I gave them until the end of today to come back to me with a plan of action for payment, but have once again been told it will be 'soon'.

Any advice please (apart from don't hand over goods without payment :( ) Is there a stanard letter I should send them?

Any help would be much appreciated

x

Guest forgottenone
I am owed £400 by someone I considered a friend, for goods they purchased from me (and have used). For a month now they have been giving me the run around and claiming that they haven't been paid by their employer
Oh, I know that feeling very well ... except in my case it was borrowed in instalment, in cash ... but same excuses ... amounted to over a grand in the end ... never did see a penny of it. I wasn't the last, not the first either victim of them.

Have you tried the small claims court? If you have proof you lent it to them? Also, this was suggested to me at the time this was happening to me as I briefly described above ... to go to the police, but never did because it all borrowed in cash *yes, they were clever enough to ask for cash, cos they knew it would never be proven or traced back to them* ... may be a little extreme, but remember ... they have borrowed money ... in my case they never intended to pay it back. Ever.

Will add, that the person who borrowed this money from me ... said 'soon' ... told me even their parents *they weren't young* were going to pay it back in instalments to me ... they never even knew about it ... and gave them every chance to be honest with me, which is all I wanted. They never were. And they are still doing it now.

Hope you get somewhere.

Edited by forgottenone