Goldfish & DVD

Guest dvdriley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest dvdriley

:confused::confused:I have received a response to my request for CCA, Goldfish have sent the original application form from 1998 and todays t & c 's.

What should i do now

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi....

post the info so we can see it :)

open a photobucket account ...its free

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

when you have uploaded the images...(after first editing and removing personal info) copy the IMG code and paste on your thread...its easy

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Hi dvdriley

I saw your question over on Daves thread and searched this one out.

As Dave says, it's best to scan your "agreement" :rolleyes: and post it up here using links to a photobucket account after obscuring your personal details.

From what you have described, it sounds very much like the cooked up application form that Goldfish sent to me, application photocopied on 1 side of an A4 sheet, with terms and conditions (possibly the correct ones) photocopied on the other side. However, the signed application side does not contain the prescribed terms and there is nothing to link that side with the purported t&cs overleaf. If this was kosher, why then do you suppose Goldfish immediately assigned the alleged debt to Cabot? :rolleyes:

Having subsequently CCA'd Cabot several months ago, they have come up with absolutely nothing.

Good luck with the verdict on yours when we see it ;)

Rob

Guest dvdriley

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u348/dvdriley/gold2a.jpg

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u348/dvdriley/gold1a.jpg

ok, now got the hang of photo bucket.

doc 1a was covering letter from goldfish, doc2a is pre approved application... sign only if you want to be bound by t& c's. 3a T & C,S photo copied by goldfish onto the reverse of the application form. 4a seperate shhet, in different type with more t & c s and cancellation rights. Views on where to go from here would be most welcome

Guest dvdriley

Thanks all for you help. Miss Mup have you had any sucess.

Foolsih Girl, it was just the application

Guest dvdriley

Sorry, not being difficult but i have been on this thread for a while on advice

Hi dvd.....

if that is all they have they are in trouble.

Despite what they have said ...or will say, they cannot use that as an enforceable agreement.

Just to be sure of what they have or dont have, you should DSAR them as well

then we can take it from there

ps dont worry too much about having "hijacked" my thread, I dont mind...but it does tend to detract from the ease of following a particular subject matter.

I am in fact probably responsible for "hijacking" my own thread, as I have several things going on at once.

Dave

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Dsar?

Its full and proper title

Data Subject (you) Access Request

when you write to them explain that you want ALL and ANY data held including any agreements copies of statements notes to the account etc etc

the whole nine yards!

Dave

Guest dvdriley

where could i get a template from.?

PS eveyone is so nice in here, makes me feel quite humble, shame the real world is not the same

Glad to see you're now in the right place Dvd - thanks HSB.

You'll find a letter template (along with lots of other useful stuff!) here under Data Protection Subject Access Request letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html

Bookmark this page too - you'll need it in the future...

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

something like this is ok...I used it on Nastywest a short while ago

-----------------------------------------

Data Subject Access Request (S.7) Data protection Act 1998

Dear sirs

Account presently held NNNNNNNNNNNN

I wish to extend my right to see what information your organisation holds about me. I therefore make this request under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998.

I require ANY and ALL data relating to me that you hold, including any agreements held, notes to the account, any screenshots, any Credit reference reports telephone recordings etc.

Please be aware that I require FULL disclosure.

Also please ensure that you supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to any accounts that I hold with you for the relevant periods. I do not require full statements only a list of charges, but if the data is hard to process a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

If you are unable to supply data relating to manual intervention because there has been no such manual intervention then please be kind as to confirm this in your response to this request.

I understand that in making this request you may by law charge a fee. I enclose the maximum allowable fee of £10.00

The fact that I am paying by cheque and using the address that you normally use to conduct my financial business from should be proof enough of my identity.

I expect a reply in a timely manner

Yours faithfully,

-------------------------------------------

I think that that ticks all the boxes

please feel free to edit it to your own needs....dont forget to enclose £10

the common wisdom on here is to send a postal oerder so no signatures are there for them to copy

same goes with any letters just print your name or use a scanned signature

Dave

Glad to see you're now in the right place Dvd - thanks HSB.

You'll find a letter template (along with lots of other useful stuff!) here under Data Protection Subject Access Request letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html

Bookmark this page too - you'll need it in the future...

That link doesnt seem to want to work for me.....I dont know if it is my system or that the link is dead ???

Dave

Try this one which I had bookmarked, just checked and it works for me:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Cheers

Rob

PS

Or this link: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/123374-consumerwiki-z-index.html#post1278699

Edited by robcag
added PS and additional link

Hi dvdriley, sorry only just got back to your post - erm funny you should ask that question, OH got a letter to-day from Cabot, ring us and pay up, no mention of our letter. Time for a letter to my friendly TS man re the new Unfair commercial practices directive 2008 as outlined by Babybear. Have already done as Dave suggested to you, SAR to Goldfish on 22nd July, just keep plodding on.

Guest dvdriley

Thanks one and all. Even though I have searched high and low i cant seem to find a second letter telling goldfish what they sent was not an agreement.

Also do I do SAR and CCA. How does this effect the time scales..

PS Anyone fancy a nice cold glass of chablis, thinking of you all hgelping to eliviate my stress!!!