• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Please help - HFO Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm new here so please be gentle.

I got a letter from this lot a few days ago about an old debt I had with Hutchinsons 3G (£93.33)

I phoned them and they got really horrible with me on the phone when I said I couldn't pay the amount in full due to a massive change in circumstances since that account was taken out (marriage broke up, on my own with two wee one's one of whom is disabled, not working at the moment etc etc) I asked to speak to the guy's supervisor and the supervisor listened to me for 2 minutes, never said a word, and passed me back to the first guy I had been speaking to who then hung up on me!

I phoned Payplan as I am in the process of getting a debt management plan set up to get HFO Services added to the list of creditors I have.

All fine until tonight.

HFO rang me and before I could even get a word out of my mouth the guy started shouting at me saying he was sick of people like me taking out things I couldn't pay for, I was a disgrace to society and they were coming after me and my house (I rent my house so how can that be?) They threatened court aswell and told me I'll be due more than £300 by the time they have finished with me.

They have given me 24 hours to pay them and I can't pay them the whole amount. I asked them to accept a token payment of £5 a month until I get on my feet a bit and he said "We are not a charity why don't you just send a bar of chocolate" and laughed at me. When I mentioned Payplan he started shouting again saying that "We don't deal with debt management companies."

Can anyone help please?? I'm sorry it's long and I apologise if this has been posted before. I'm really worried sick

Guest forgottenone
I got a letter from this lot a few days ago about an old debt I had with Hutchinsons 3G (£93.33)

Welcome. Some questions ... which will assist others to get a better idea, then provide help appropriately.

How old is the above debt?

Next ...

I phoned them and they got really horrible with me on the phone when I said I couldn't pay the amount in full due to a massive change in circumstances since that account was taken out (marriage broke up, on my own with two wee one's one of whom is disabled, not working at the moment etc etc) I asked to speak to the guy's supervisor and the supervisor listened to me for 2 minutes, never said a word, and passed me back to the first guy I had been speaking to who then hung up on me!

Don't waste any more oxygen phoning them. It's pointless, they are trained to be as difficult as possible.

HFO rang me and before I could even get a word out of my mouth the guy started shouting at me saying he was sick of people like me taking out things I couldn't pay for, I was a disgrace to society and they were coming after me and my house (I rent my house so how can that be?) They threatened court aswell and told me I'll be due more than £300 by the time they have finished with me.

OKay, they phone again don't pick up the phone. Don't answer. Best way.

These are intimidating threats they are making, to frighten you into paying more than you can afford.

They have given me 24 hours to pay them and I can't pay them the whole amount. I asked them to accept a token payment of £5 a month until I get on my feet a bit and he said "We are not a charity why don't you just send a bar of chocolate" and laughed at me. When I mentioned Payplan he started shouting again saying that "We don't deal with debt management companies."

Okay, you won't know this ... probably ... but don't enter into any repayment arrangements on the phone. They aren't interested, they are only interested in scoring targets, making you or forcing you into higher payments at their rates. They are also not interested, sadly, in your situation ... not one bit. So will do anything to get more from you.

I'm really worried sick

Don't be. You have found CAG now ... nothing here can't be dealt with step by step. Others will come along soon ... with what to do next.

Guest forgottenone

As for this ...

"We don't deal with debt management companies."

Oh, really? That above sentence should sum up how they are/what they are like.

Hi and thank you so much for replying.

The account was taken out in 2004.

I wasn't planning on speaking to them again in a hurry!! What nasty people they are!

Thank you for helping me.

Guest forgottenone

Right. Asked ... because I don't know now if this would be covered by a CCA? CCA = consumer credit agreement. Although, technically, you would have to have signed something ie a contract, and you would be using it on credit terms eg paying last month's bill etc.

What I am saying ... whilst thinking out loud *again* ... is would it be now worth you CCAing these puppets ... then it will provide proof they are entitled to chase you for this debt.

Guest forgottenone

In the meantime, send this letter to them ...

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Dear Sirs

Harassment by telephone

FORMAL COMPLAINT UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 2006 COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE

Account Number: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Please treat this also as a formal complaint, and send me a copy of your company complaints procedure.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE] (type don't sign)

I had with Hutchinsons 3G (£93.33)

So, how exactly did this debt arise eg why has it taken them so long to get to you?

Guest forgottenone
How would I go about a CCA then?

I am not sure about mobile phone things ... someone here will help more with that. I think they are, but am not going to commit to saying 'yes' as it would be misleading. And providing incorrect information, purely because of lack of knowledge.

I cancelled the contract and had my last phone bill outstanding. I paid £100.00 to it and was left with the balance of £93.33. So much happened after that and I just forgot about it when I had more pressing debts to deal with (council tax arrears, rent arrears, gas arrears, electricity arrears)

4 years on and I get a letter from HFO Services.

Guest forgottenone

But for now, send them that letter above. By recorded delivery. It's has a few purposes ... once of which is, at a later date if necessary, you can show you asked the DCA to stop calling you, put things in writing ... they refused. Merely an auditable trail and it shows you did everything the right way, they haven't.

Guest forgottenone
4 years on and I get a letter from HFO Services.

Okay, I am only presupposing this from what you post ... they have traced you to your present address?

Anyway, relax ... go do what you need to do. And don't worry, this can all be sorted.

Hi Trixie

I have had HFO on my back for 3 months now for a couple of 3 bills dating back to 2003/04 they are truly evil people, the advice your getting this far is the best. Ignore them completely I only ever answer the phone to them now when i'm really bored lol.... After you send the phone harrassment letter buy yourself a cheap diary and keep records of when they contact you as sadly this DCA will pay no attention to the letter also be aware that often they will add their charges onto the balance! This is standard practice by them ignore it as you will now be in default on the orginal agreement so they can not do this although they will try.

I sent my letter a fortnight ago recorded delivery and on the day it was delivered they they called me to tell me they had recieved it lol....muppets also they are sneaky and use international numbers witheld or mobiles to call you they must have a deal with 3 .....

Andy

CCA sent Crapquest ran away...

Hi I'm back =)

I was at this address when the original mobile contract was taken out so why it has taken them so long to get in touch I don't know.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm feeling a wee bit calmer now.

This is standard practice by them ignore it as you will now be in default on the orginal agreement so they can not do this although they will try.

Sorry but what does that mean?

If 3 have sold on the debt the mobile will have been disconnected and you will be in default of payment its something that shows on your credit file until a debt is paid which will then show as settled... although hfo pointed out to me that i was showing as in default on my file which i find amusung as there is no mention of my 3 debts anywhere on any of my credit files so they are just liars really.

Also they add their charges on they cannot do this unless they have been to court with you! Dont worry about this if they start threatering this its unenforceable.... Please remember do not speak to them!

I have just checked my credit file (scary stuff!!)

The debt is showing on there as defaulted in November 2006.

So they can't add any charges on unless they take me to court? I've no intentions of speaking to them again! Rude beggars that they are! I will be sending them the letter re: telephone calls that someone kindly posted up there.

I can't believe all this stress I'm going through is over £93!

Make sure you print this out to keep a copy for you use only never ever share it... HFO asked me to fax mine after i realised there is no debt showing to 3 apparently if i had i would just be acknoleding the debt..... I hung up on them at that point! How much does the debt show for on your file? is it the same amount HFO are claiming? Oh an which file is it? Experian? Equifax or Call Credit? they are the 3 credit agencies so i use all 3 of them....

They are not the brightest of folks....

LOL too true!!!

It was with Equifax and no it is showing the original amount that was due. The £100 I paid them has not been taken off.

3 sold my debt to a company (I can't remember what they were called) and I paid them the money but it has not been taken off. Now I am presuming that that company have sold my debt again to HFO??

What a tangled web I weave!