Advice or Help Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to claim my credit card charges back for the Halifax.

I have the crappy list of charges that they have sent. I have also requested a refund plus interest.

That was on the 8th of July giving them 14 days for a response.

Since i didnt get a reponse I sent a letter that i intend to claim it in court giving a further 14 days to respond.

However today when I called them for some information I found i had an extra digit on my AC number.

Do I need to start all over again or write to them and explain my mistake.

Thanks for all replies

Danjob

Do all the statements you were sent have your full account numbers, and are they all there?

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

They didnt send me any statements they have sent me is just a white piece of A4 paper with like a computer printout of charges to the account.

Should i start over again and request only statements as originally i did request statements or a list of "charges applied to the account"

Thanks for the reply seaside lady ( not in weston super mare i hope )

Dan

Edited by danjob
added info

It would seem to me that they haven't complied with your s.a.r properly. How can you be sure they have included all the charges if you can't check against your statements.

It may well be worth starting over again and making it clear you want copies of your statements.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

djgordyp, if the OP just wants copy statements he should just ask the bank for them. A SAR is not just copy statements. To explain what I mean, here is the ICO guide to it

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/subject_access_-_guide_for_data_subjects.pdf

They may not have complied but copy statements is not a proper SAR but a myth that it is one. For example, the bank I work for, copy statements are £5 per request, yet people think a SAR is copy statements at £10. I can do the maths on that one. £5 profit because people do not understand fully a SAR.

I think you are right with the compliance BUT for different reasons. If you read the link, you will see why it does not appear to comply to what should be sent out.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Thanks YB. I see now where you are coming from ie an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) is not necessary.

Now that I have your attention could I possibly ask you for your advice on a thread I started yesterday. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/153851-50-default-notice.html

As I would need to contact the bank today. Thanks

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

Slight thread hijack, but those charges seem a bit high. Am not an expert on HBoS unfortunately but they are higher than other financial institutions.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Thanks YB. The impression I got from speaking to CAB yeterday was that these charges could be challenged just like any other. Or I could at least ask for a breakdown of them, which I doubt very much they would be willing to do.

Sorry for taking over your thread Danjob.

Paid in full in March 07

Well what can i say to that ?......we are all here for one purpose only to reclaim charges .....blah blah blah

Seems you got a slightly better answer to what i did anyway