C L Finance just knocked on my door!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just had a knock at the door from a debt collection agency - C L Finance in relation to a debt with Lloyds TSB. She called it a pre bailiff visit.

Apparently the bailiffs are due at my addresssoon...

I have made recently two payments direct to the court on this debt and I am presently unemployed, because I did not know who was the DCA - now I know!

I need advice as to how to deal with these people whilst I find employment. Most of my debts are handled by my debt management company, but not this one. I do not know why this is the case.....

How do I go about dealing with them, I may be calm on the outside to keep my wife happy, but now I am starting to worry.

Hi there, do you have the original judgement order from the court? it should have a box on it which says "Address for Payment" ? See if you can find it and then come back and tell us.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I do not have any paper work relating to this debt.

I can honestly submit, I do not remember receiving any paper work, even though I must have.

I do not remember or received any paper work from C L Finance relating to this debt.

Sorry I cannot be any more help. I have moved due to my house being repo'd by Lloyds... And a few bits and pieces have been lost since last year.

OK, when you sent the payments to court what did you tell them it was for.

Did the agent who knocked on your door today leave you any paperwork with reference numbers or anything to do with this debt?

Ell-enn

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

When I made payment to the court, I took the letter they sent to me. I have not received anymore letters from them since the one for payment to be made by the 18th July.

All the agent left was a card telling me to get in touch with her ASAP, all it contained was a name and a mobile telephone number. No references numbers on the card.

I did fob her off saying all my debts are managed by mt debt management company (which is true - but not this debt) just to get her away.

Who was the letter from that you took to court and what exactly did it say?

(Sorry for all the questions but I need to get the right picture to be able to advise you properly).

Did the court give you receipts for payment you made?

Ell-enn

That's okay, I understand you need to ask questions.

The letter was from the court, saying I need to pay x amount by x date, if I do not pay then the baliffs will come round a take goods, or words to that effect.

When I made payment in the Court Office, they did give me a receipt.

So you did pay the right amount to the court by the required date?

Did the court say you should pay them or the DCA direct in their letter?

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

I paid the correct amount to the COURT by the required date.

The letter said I pay the court. No mention of the DCA and the court said I need to contact Northampton Court, which I did requesting details and I still wait!

Hi, so have you paid the full amount the judgement was for? or was it to be paid in installments?

Ell

OK, you can apply on a form N245 to vary the payments - you will have to fill in your income and expenditure on it (therefore showing that you are unemployed) and asking for the payments to be lowered.

You can get the form from your local court or download it here: http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/GetForms.do;jsessionid=1F2414236046785F61404CA45BB8B50A

There is normally a fee of £35.00 but if you are unemployed you should be exempt, the court will be able to tell you.

The case number will be on the receipts you got from the court for your payments.

If you need any help with filling in the form let me know.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

You don't need to do anything if you don't want to - the court will advise CL of your N245 being submitted. However, if you are worried that she might call back you could ring her and tell her that you have submitted an N245 form to court and they are now dealing with your request (no need to tell her what you're asking for).

Kind Regards

Ell-enn