Blackmail !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I wondered if there was any advice on what I should / could do with this strange situation.

I called my bank this morning who are closing my credit card account because I don't use it. I informed them that I would be closing all my accounts as I like all products in one place and would they reconsider their decision. I was then told that I was blackmailing the bank, that they didn't take kindly to blackmail and they weren't going to listen to me. Surely a bank can't say to a customer that they're blackmailing them? Especially so when they plainly aren't... but to use those sort of words is just crazy!

Interested in peoples' views on what should/could be done here. Surely even a big business like a bank has got to be held to account by saying slanderous things like that?

i think you would certainly have cause to raise a complaint with the bank.

Obviously this person had had a bad day and took it out on you

Don't Quote me on that :lol:

I am now a rep hunter :lol:

Have I helped, educated, impressed?

Click my scales

Don't hold your breath, Halifax have a habbit of losing incriminating tapes as I have found and the call centre monkeys say all kinds of stupid things to you, best off taping yourself, however I would move the accounts anyway and then complain, more likely to get a reaction and the idiot disciplined, plus you can feel quite smug that you have showed them and won't be pushed around by these bullies !!