West Horndon NCP "illegal" parking. Advise on the next step please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Superb, thanks once again for the info.

But I have posted up the 2 sets of letters, all identical except for the reference, so it seems they're moving onto G. White pretty quickly.

I'll write to the SRA but do you also think I should write back to them with the final paragraph in the template letters? Or at least a cease and desist letter?

Don't bother writing to the PPC/DCA - waste of time.

Write to the SRA.

EVERYONE who gets a G.White 'Solicitor's' letter should write a formal complaint to the SRA in my opinion.

Is there some sort of template letter floating around for this issue as we have had the threats against my dad.

Hey all,

I've just spoken to the SRA, and had a look on their site and there is a Graham White, in West Byfleet, Surrey.

The Law Society - Find a solicitor

Seems to be ran by one Michael David Sobell.

Now I assume this is a registered Solicitor in this case? I'll still send the letter to the SRA, with all the attached documents, however it does seem that they've registered a Solicitor at the location, with that name.

Clearly there's still no case, but reading this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/153580-ncp-railway-car-park.html?highlight=graham+white

There is a Michael Sobell, registered with the Law Society...

Hi again everyone, they're pretty keen with the Solicitors letters! 3 of them have just came through... Strange the 4th is missing???

Anyway, here it is for your viewing, let me know what you think? It's all Michael Sobell, who is registered by the looks of things... So what's gonna happen?

Should I send a letter to this Graham White Solicitors?

NCPScan3.jpg

Once again, any comments apprecaited!

Roxburghe, Graham White Solicitors and Micheal Sobell seem to be the most quoted names on this entire site.

General view from those that know when looking at these threads seems to be to keep the letters in a lovely pile in a drawer and do nothing about repying to any of them.

Cheers again guys, it's nice to have a bit of support to steel yourself against it all... Crazy that they can do this but I guess that's the nature of the beast nowadays.

Thanks again for the advise, it's tricky to just keep ignoring against all the threats, it really seems there should be something you can do about teh aggressiveness towards an innocent person, especially when they have no proof at all.

Still I shall ignore away, really go for it and just go and do something else much more plesant :D

As a new member, I just wanted to say a big thank-you to all the contributors here. I have started to get letters from Roxburghe about a debt (which I dispute) with everyone's favourite Carphone Warehouse. The general advice here has been very re-assuring - thanks again.

Good news everyone, sounds liek they've listen to reason, I did sent a letter to the SRA, and ignored the Graham White letter, but I did feel I had to fire off one last letter to Roxburghe, which was just a hash together from the template and read a little something like:

This alleged debt is in dispute. I have written to your principal regarding this matter and they have failed to substantiate their claim.

You appear to claim that I am legally responsible for this alleged debt. I deny this. Please advise your principal to substantiate this claim with appropriate citations of case and / or statute law.

I will welcome the opportunity to defend your allegation in court and am confident of success. Of course you or your principal will be required to produce the evidence that I have requested and you have failed to provide. You will also have to answer to the court why you failed to do so.

This alleged debt therefore remains disputed by me. Save for supplying the evidence referred to above I must ask you to cease and desist correspondence with me.

Other than as described above, any further correspondence from you or any other party in relation to this matter may result in a complaint to the authorities under the Protection From Harassment Act 1997.

And I received the following!

NCPScan4.jpg

So it's all worth it, many thanks again everyone here, especially lamma and A127 who have stuck with me and kept up my confidence through out! Nice one, this site is great :D

More kudos to you guys I think ;)

But it would be so nice jsut to rip into them, or be sarcastic etc... But yeah, it could lead to problems :D

I did also get a letter back from the SRA and they say 6 - 8 weeks for someone to start to take a look at it all, but I guess that's just the nature of it. Once I hear some more from them I'll forward over the other details I have so hopfully will give them something to work with.

I'm sure it's very bad form to send, what really arevery threatening letters, from a solicitor when there's no real case to back it up with. But we shall see.

the more letters the SRA gets then the quicker they may deal with this problem. As you have an item with them now lets see how many other victims can write to the SRA to add to your complaint file.