From Monument to.......Cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I've gone to Cabot to see what they have!

Yes, so have I, but I thought it would be beneficial to see what happened on my account around the the time of the issuing of a DN, which Cabot seem to be ignoring seemingly now at their peril:wink:

Proving difficult to track down who actually holds the info now.

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

235 pages if anyone is interested!!!!!!

:eek:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I don't think it's necessary to print it all out for your bundle Cy.

I would put the front index page in as reference & then copies of the clauses you will refer to in the hearing. If you can take a copy (either hard or on a laptop) with you to the hearing it may help you if the other side or DJ refer to clauses you didn't think were relevant.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Thanks, I was thinking of putting the whole document in a ring binder for reference and yes I will print out relevant clauses. The thought of adding that to my postage costs......(even if I am going to get them back;))

A new court order from different DJ.

Claimantshall lodge indexed bundle of docs, numbered in a ring binder etc

A case summary not exceeding 500 word outlining issues and referring to relevant docs. to assist DJ.

Parties to agree contents of trial bundle and case summary

A trial timetable. In default of agreement, both parties fle own timetable atleast 7 days before....

Costs

Well all information will be on a password protected CD ROM!

Had my SAR data today on day 41!!

At first glance it does not reveal anything that I did not already know:mad: with the exception of one item that seems to show that when they bought my account the Balance was £xxxxxx in one column and then in the arrears column was the same balance - this cannot be true.

It would seem that Monument have given them the info saying that the arrears were due in full??

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

A new court order from different DJ.

Claimantshall lodge indexed bundle of docs, numbered in a ring binder etc

A case summary not exceeding 500 word outlining issues and referring to relevant docs. to assist DJ.

Parties to agree contents of trial bundle and case summary

A trial timetable. In default of agreement, both parties fle own timetable atleast 7 days before....

Costs

There you go, you're ahead of the game!! :):)

Just make sure your summary is concise & extra clear;).

Suggest you submit timetable, summary & index page of your bundle to Claimant 7 days ahead of filing date & ask for confirmation of their acceptance. If they don't respond (more than likely), file a note of that within your bundle.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Sorry Cy, should get my specs on.

Interesting order though. Have you not been instructed to submit a bundle?

Don't know if it is OK to post on this thread but I have sent subject access request to Cabot re. Monument (was Providan when I took it out).

Been sent something that looks like a cobbled together Credit Agreement merged with the application form. Also sent separate T & C's and statements. What should be my next move?

Don't know if it is OK to post on this thread but I have sent subject access request to Cabot re. Monument (was Providan when I took it out).

Been sent something that looks like a cobbled together Credit Agreement merged with the application form. Also sent separate T & C's and statements. What should be my next move?

There are quite a few of us who like to see what the credit agrrement looks like I would imagine!!!

Do you have your own thread for your case? if so whats the link? and could you post the agreement onto your thread removing all of the identifying info

Beau

• 3 weeks later...

Just going through paperwork again!

'Error during calculation ays since default notice, date of dfault notice is not known for this case, thus making the calculation invalid.'

2 points, surely if they don't have information on DN thye shouldn't have taken action and if they don't have this date then all their calculations for interest must be incorrect.

They did land reg check before court action and their proposed enforcement action is a charging order.

Finally, Reply form only has my signature and nothing from them.

Just talking aloud as I think through everything!

Just going through paperwork again!

'Error during calculation ays since default notice, date of dfault notice is not known for this case, thus making the calculation invalid.'

2 points, surely if they don't have information on DN thye shouldn't have taken action and if they don't have this date then all their calculations for interest must be incorrect.

It would certainly make interesting questioning as to exactly how they calulated the sum for the POC!

They did land reg check before court action and their proposed enforcement action is a charging order.

What! Before obtaining a CCJ?? Naughty, naughty. OFT should smack their hands.

Finally, Reply form only has my signature and nothing from them.

Well, it wouldn't make a properly executed agreement would it? And as such, if there is no space for their signature, it can only be what it says it is - an applic. form! Simples.

FG

It probably does as it says that in mine too, along with the land registry check..

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

Well, well ,well............

No wonder Cabrot get P**d of when people start to fight back, and upset their routine. It must throw a tidy sized "spanner in the works".

After all, now they have to find ALL the paperwork that proves there is a legitimate debt.

AND, they have to get ALL the case properley documented for any court action.... ( well, in theory they do..).

What a FANTASTIC Business set up ! Buy cheap problem debt.

Dont bother to try to sort it out. go straight to court do not pass GO..

Bang on a Charging Order... WOW regular monthly income. FANTASTIC>>

Fussey..