Egg full and final

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an account with Egg, was defaulted 5 years ago and I currently owe £2500, I have been making monthly payments since then reducing it from £9700.

I spoke with Moorcroft, the DCA dealing with the account who said that Egg may accept full and final of £2K.

I had asked Egg for a copy of my CCA, which Egg refused to provide, now after asking Moorcroft they have put the account on hold as its unenforceable as they have missed the deadlines for providing the CCA.

Given that Egg can't enforce it do you think their is any mileage in offering £1000 in full and final whilst reminding them that it is unenforceable?

Hi again Granthar, I understand that you are trying to pay off what you owe, and therefore if you want to pay off your debts that you feel are still outstanding, then I would make your full and final offer to Egg (assuming that they still own the debt) rather than Moorcroft, but please make sure that before you obtain the confirmation in writing before you part with any money towards the F&F.

Are there any charges applied to your Egg account, that you could barter with towards a smaller full and final? What was the reason for Egg refusing to comply with CCA request? Would you consider asking Egg to zero the balance first, seeing as they can not provide you with your CCA request, as a starting point?

I would not trust Moorcroft for love nor money (especially money ;)). They say that the OC will accept a full & Final, then Moorcroft receive their money, and low and behold another DCA on behalf of Egg comes and chases for the balance. One happy Moorcroft, one unhappy Granthar!

Red

Egg wouldn't supply the CCA as they said they didn't have to and if it went to court that they would ague they didn't need one as the fact that I had made payments prove the debt is mine. Account was opened 2000.

Egg should be able to provide you with the CCA, and there is a general rule of thumb that no CCA = unenforceable debt, however I have heard of court cases on here where people have not paid due to no CCA and then been taken to court, and then lost, just as you say because payments made could show the court that you aknowledge the debt.

Therefore my advice would be to offer Egg a full and final settlement, will try and find a template letter for you and post the link!

Red

• 2 months later...

Update

Finally got a response to my SARN, a massive bundle of documents running into about 500 pages, included was the CCA etc that they haven't been able to find for the past year.

Went through and was only one charge in six years, not worth claiming back so bit the bullet and paid the 75% (£1820) they wanted to satisfy the account. Saves me over £600 in the long run but at least it is now resolved with a letter from them saying that it is closed and they will not pursue me for the remaining £600 and that it will be marked as satisfied on my credit file.

Only another £19,857 to go :-(