Beneficial Finance PPI help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I need help reclaiming my PPI from Beneficial Finance

I took out a loan in 2000 and I believe the PPI was mis-sold to me and I have a good chance of reclaiming because

1) The sales staff did not once mention I was getting PPI as part of the loan package

2) You can’t claim if you work part time (which I do)

3) The option to take out the PPI is electronically ticked on the credit agreement

Now I have written to Beneficial twice about this each time asking for them to cancel the PPI and to give me a full refund each time they respond with the same letter saying they are looking into it and will get back to more shortly its now been 7 months since and still no response and I’ve even tried ringing them and sending more letters but had no luck there.

I tried the ombudsman route but they keep saying I need to give them more time to respond but it’s been 7+ months so I guess they are no help either

my only option is court action now

can anyone help me draft a final letter to beneficial to let them know I am planning court action?

Thanks

Hello sem and welcome to the PPI forum,

PPI reclaiming relatively new all cases differ unlike the bank charges issue.

Hello I need help reclaiming my PPI from Beneficial Finance

I took out a loan in 2000 (The Financial Services Authority only started regulating PPI on 14 Jan 2005 and if Beneficial were not regulated by the FSA then you will probably have to take your case to court rather than the FOS) and I believe the PPI was mis-sold to me and I have a good chance of reclaiming because

1) The sales staff did not once mention I was getting PPI as part of the loan package. (This is fine if you have the documentation or transcripts of telephone conversations from them)

2) You can’t claim if you work part time (which I do) (I would say valid if you worked part time at the time you took out the loan)

3) The option to take out the PPI is electronically ticked on the credit agreement (Not sure here as a lot of claimants are using this as a way to reclaim and a lot depends on whether it was on their premises, by post, over the phone or internet etc)

Now I have written to Beneficial twice about this each time asking for them to cancel the PPI and to give me a full refund each time they respond with the same letter saying they are looking into it and will get back to more shortly its now been 7 months ( Have you sent a Subject Access Request?) since and still no response and I’ve even tried ringing them and sending more letters but had no luck there. ( I would suggest a strongly worded letter insisting on cancellation with immediate effect mention the dates of the earlier letters just as a case on reclaiming the premiums and interest later. Send the letter special delivery! the cost is up but you have a full track and trace with signatures of receipt so no denial on the letter getting to them)

I tried the ombudsman route but they keep saying I need to give them more time to respond but it’s been 7+ months so I guess they are no help either. ( I am going down the FOS route for starters and am not yet familiar with the Court route ---others on the PPI forum will be and if you have to go down that route you will get assistance from those with experience)

my only option is court action now

can anyone help me draft a final letter to beneficial to let them know I am planning court action?

Not sure I can answer all you points but here goes My comment will be bracketed to help as you read through.

Hope this helps keep posting

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

tried the ombudsman route but they keep saying I need to give them more time to respond but it’s been 7+ months so I guess they are no help either.

The FOS are 8-9 months behind so 7 months is no surprise have they not written to you explaining the delay? have you had no communication from the FOS?

Lloyds TSB (SARS) request sent 9th June 2006

£2191 Moneyclaim Issued 11/08/2006, Acknowleded 17th August Defence 14 Sep, AQ returned 5/10/2006.SETTLED IN FULL £2,670 26/11/2006/ Lloyds Credit Card SETTLED IN FULL £267

MBNA SETTLED IN FULL 15/09/2006 £829

Citicard (SARS) request sent 22nd June 2006 Moneyclaim issued 19th Sep, Defence and AQ received 5/10/2006, AQ returned 5/10/2006, part refund received 10/10/2006

GE MONEY SETTLLED IN FULL £400

Barclaycard Me and Mrs SARS sent 19/10/2006 settled £350

Welcome Finance PPI 2 accounts one settled £1018 waiting on other

GE Money PPI 1 account settled 8/5/2008 £560 2nd account SETTLED IN FULL £3,599.78p 15thAugust 2008

Lloyds TSB PPI CC complaint sent 10/04/2008

Black Horse PPI with FOS 20/05/2008

HFC PPI complaint sent 22/05/2008