• Tweets

• Yep   Matt Hancock United Nations job offer withdrawn WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Anti-poverty campaigners protested over his role in blocking vaccines for developing world  
    • I hope you noticed that your posts have had to be restructured first of all my my site team colleague and then your second post by myself. Please can you present your posts properly spaced and punctuated. It's extreme difficult for people to follow when they are in solid blocks of text – especially when people using small screen such as telephones. Thank you. Please stand by for a fuller reply later
    • So far the declared value is confirmed and documemted the first Claim got agreed and they kept delaying saying the refund will show 5-7 days for BACS but that not true!   I VE been chaising this since 28th september, told on 2nd October I needed to send my bank details again as they seemed they got it wrong but not my fault yet they had it since 2nd October! Thats over 2 weeks! I   GET Money via bank bacs and from Europe and recently in 3 Days and in the UK its same day and instant!   They re messing me about and nothing else!   For contents its a Marshall  speaker small Bluetooth one value 127.99   And 2nd parcel stolen last week and an empty bag delivered yesterday for Marshall Headphones value 121.99 all sold via verifiable links and invoices and all fully covered to its value, and payment all proven as well as refunds.   The first claim was agreed but still no payment   2nd Claim had to file it yesterday and he re the empty bag!
    • Yes it will be straightforward – but you may as well give us better information so we can check that everything is in a row. What was in the parcels? When were they sent? Was the value correctly declared? I understand you had insurance.   Have you been formerly declined compensation? If so then what was the reason given?   Also, you need to spend some time reading up on the Hermes threads on this sub- forum so that you understand the way it goes. It is pretty well always the same. It's essential that you understand the steps and so it is essential that you do the reading. In addition to answering the questions above, please confirm that you have done the reading or the you will be doing it.
    • In order for an NTK to be compliant it has to comply with PoFA. If it is not compliant then the keeper cannot be held liable for the PCN.  I have included the wording from S8 though  s9 is identical in the part I have copied below. You will see that at the beginning  "The Notice  'must' " which in Law means the wording  is to be stictly observed (2)The notice must— (a)specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates; (b)inform the keeper that the driver is required to pay parking charges in respect of the specified period of parking and that the parking charges have not been paid in full; (c)state that a notice to driver relating to the specified period of parking has been given and repeat the information in that notice as required by paragraph 7(2)(b), (c) and (f); (d)if the unpaid parking charges specified in that notice to driver as required by paragraph 7(2)(c) have been paid in part, specify the amount that remains unpaid, as at a time which is— (i)specified in the notice to keeper, and (ii)no later than the end of the day before the day on which the notice is either sent by post or, as the case may be, handed to or left at a current address for service for the keeper (see sub-paragraph (4)); (e)state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper— (i)to pay the unpaid parking charges; or (ii)if the keeper was not the driver of the vehicle, to notify the creditor of the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and to pass the notice on to the driver; (f)warn the keeper that if, at the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to keeper is given— (i)the amount of the unpaid parking charges (as specified under paragraph (c) or (d)) has not been paid in full, and (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; (g)inform the keeper of any discount offered for prompt payment and the arrangements for the resolution of disputes or complaints that are available; (h)identify the creditor and specify how and to whom payment or notification to the creditor may be made; (i)specify the date on which the notice is sent (if it is sent by post) or given (in any other case).   If you compare that with the NTK you weresent you will see that your one does not include  "   (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) " Your NTK also states that if you don't pay the £100 that you will be liable for debt collection charges up to £60. this contradicts section 4 of PoFA where it covers the right of the parking crooks to pursue motorists [5] (5)The maximum sum which may be recovered from the keeper by virtue of the right conferred by this paragraph is the amount specified in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(c) or (d) or, as the case may be, 9(2)(d) (less any payments towards the unpaid parking charges which are received after the time so specified).   So their NTK is non compliant in two places.    In any event Ambreen is wrong to declare that if they cannot pursue the keeper than they can assume that the keeper was the driver. The court will not entertain that idea -VCS need to provide strict proof that the keeper is the driver. So despite Ambreen claiming that they can proceed against the keeper she is wrong. [17,18 and !9 of her WS]. They quote Parking Eye v Beavis   [22] which is irrelevant since that was a free car park and yours is a residential parking space covered by a lease which VCS cannot overturn.    
  • Our picks

LS28.5 V Halifax **WON**

LS28.5

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

The Halifax say they sent the data & it must have been lost in the post as they are over the 40 days (26/06/06).

I have chased them & they say they will resend.

What action can I take.

I have read all the FAQs but can't see this anywher.

Cheers in anticipation.

Jon

Halifax: Letter settling in full 21/09/06 £857.

Yorkshire Bank: settled Decd 06 £2700

Lloyds TSB: Settled & 2nd claim started 23/07/07 £870

Lloyds TSB Business account: Received Statements & will be starting soon

Mint, Nthn Rock, MBNA & Bank of Scot cred cards all settled, total £1100

Capital One, Marbles & Barclaycard all started MCOL, totalling £900

Yorkshire Bank pre 6 years awaiting statements, now over 60 days!!!

Hiya

The same thing happened to me, I was told they must have been lost in the post, (how can 3+ letters get lost in the post?) Anyway I spoke to a nice man, on Friday, who told me that if it was only the list of charges I needed, one of his work buddys could do that, & he would try & get them in the post that day or next day, All going well they should be with me Monday or Tuesday, so this morning my list of charges arrived, just like this nice man said ( he got my list to me, so he's nice)

If you can read my thread Angi is ready is the Halifax, it might give you a bit more help, just to let you see, they have some good excuses ready...

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Thanks for that Angie.

just spoken to them again & they are going to chase it up!! I'm sure. Told them that I'm going to complain & the girl said that I defo should as they had mised the 40 days.

I'll keep you all posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Well first claim was sent last week for £700.

Had a standard 'We are dealing with your request' letter & am now waiting for the 'Get stuffed' letter.

Is that what everyone else has had?

Cheers

Received an offer of £58 this morning.

Makes me laugh that if they have done nothing wrong then why offer a goodwill gesture?

Anyway the question for anyone is when I send the LBA letter do I accept the £58, but only as part payment, or do I disregard it & send the LBA for the lot?

Quite good really cos Yorkshire & Lloyds have both offered nothing before the LBA stage, hence the reson that I'm not too sure what to do!!

Cheers in anticipation

Jon

Hi, this happened to me as well. They say that they are triggered automatically and that this sometimes fails (obviously quite often reading all the threads).

I spoke to somebody called Hannah Bunton on 01422 380880 and she was really nice and helpful. She said she would request them to be sent to her and would send them on straight away which she did - recorded delivery and I received them a couple of days later.

The exact same thing happened to me. I sent the request for data and a guy from the branch called the next day (fastest response I've ever had) to say they would be happy (yeah right) to supply all the data, and they would do it for free. Nothing happened. Called the branch and they said the statements hadn't been requested, they didn't know why, but they would do it right away. Nothing happened. 40 days were up so I marched into the branch and asked that the statements be requested there and then, so I could see they had been. The person who spoke to me (who was very helpfull) also e-mailed their data protection officer to explain the problem. 3 days later all the statements turned up.

Just need to add-up the charges now, there are 50 pages to go through.

They were really quick with mine! I phoned up on the friday, give consent for them to take the £5.00 (yeah halifax only charge a fiver) and in mondays post their was 15 envelopes with 72 pages of transactions dating back to 2001 when i opened the account with them.

The same thing hapened to me, re no statements after the 1st acknowledgement letter and so I called the office listed on the letter to say they were about to breach the 40 days allowed. I pointed out that I get my statements online, so there might be a problem somehow with that?

Just got the statments today after 2 more phonecalls.... maybe the automated system can't figure where to send them if you don't get regular statments?:confused:

Halifax Data Protection Act sent 07/06/06

Request Acknowledged 23/06/06

Mrs PeterPiper requested her statements in April, they have been sent 3 times, she has called at least a dozen times with many promises of same day posting & guess what? still no statements.

its laughable, really, it is!!!!!!!

I have the same problem. Need to take it to Court. Apparently emailing Rachel Hinchliffe helped some forum members (but not me)

Because I have to physically go to the Court it will have to wait a few days.

You can send LBA for failed DPA anyway if you haven't already.

Egg Data Protection Act Statements arrived. On hold.

Halifax - Moneyclaim £3100

Amex to Remove Default - acknowledged didn't issue correct documents - default removed :) . £135 paid in full without Court

I'm on a roll now :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

LBA 14 days runs out on 16/08. I haven't heard anything since I sent the LBA declining their offer as full & final settlement.

Ready to do MCOL & from what I have read on other threads they will then settle shortly after as they are settling fairly quick at mo.

I'll keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Received another offer of £200+ today but they owe me £700+.

Question is do I reply to the offer or go straight to MCOL as I have already rejected ono offer of £58?

I'm sure I should gop straight to MCOL but just wondered if I did remspond if it would go against me at a later date?

Cheers

Shouldn't be a problem responding ... BUT ONLY TO EITHER REJECT AGAIN, OR ACCEPT THEIR OFFER IN PART PAYMENT OF THE OUTSTANDING TOTAL ... WHICH YOU WILL CONTINUE TO PURSUE.

Stick to the timescales for each stage of the process, issue letters on the day you say you will, same with MCOL ... remember, the step-by-step instructions are there to ensure a tried and tested successful method is available for the best opportunity to get back the money you are claiming ... even if that includes (always a possibility, but not very likely) taking the bank to court.

Good luck ... although luck is often not regarded as an essential element, the facts are good enough!

:) :)

Outacash ...

• 4 weeks later...

Just give you an update...

Wrote to them accepting their offer BUT only as part settlement & on the same day filed the MCOL for £800+ so just waiting for any response now.

Just received the QA for the Yorkshire aswell so busy times at the mo.

Will keep you posted.

Hiya

The same thing happened to me, I was told they must have been lost in the post, (how can 3+ letters get lost in the post?) Anyway I spoke to a nice man, on Friday, who told me that if it was only the list of charges I needed, one of his work buddys could do that, & he would try & get them in the post that day or next day, All going well they should be with me Monday or Tuesday, so this morning my list of charges arrived, just like this nice man said ( he got my list to me, so he's nice)

If you can read my thread Angi is ready is the Halifax, it might give you a bit more help, just to let you see, they have some good excuses ready...

Angi x

What number did you phone to speak to them? Was it a local branch or the head office?

Great news guys.

Received a letter today stating that it will cost them too much to persue me in the court so they will settle in full in 5 working days!! £777 + £80 MCOL money back.

It just goes to show that if you follow the advice & stay patient then it will work.

Thanks to everyone & I willl donate once I get paid out.

If someone could change my thread title to as above that would be great then other people will see that we have another victory!!!

Thanks once again.

can i ask you too, if you got the full 8% interest as well?

Halifax 13/7/06 sent data protection act letter

26/7/06 recieved statements

1/8/06 posted prelim letter, recieved acknowledgment 5/8/06

14/8/06 sent lba

18/8/06 offered £150 NOT A CHANCE

30/8/06 sent rejection letter to halifax

15/9/06 offered £450 no chance

15/9/06 filed court claim!!!

17/9/06 deemed served

21/9/06 letter settling **WON**

NatWest 1/8/06 rang for statements

2/9/06 got some statements

14/9/06 finally got rest of statements

30/11/06 prelim letter sent

14/12/06 lba sent

tesco 2/8/06 prelim sent ,

9/8/06 acknowledged ,

18/8/06 go away letter recieved

mint prelim sent 2/8/06, acknowledged 9/8/06

cap 1 prelim sent 2/8/06, acknowledged 18/08/006

7/9/06 offered £272 NOPE

10/10/06 filed claim

26/10/06 letter settling **WON**

Yes the £777 inc's the interest & then the £80 MCOl on top is the n £857.

Cheers

Jon